• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why doesn't 616 Spider-Man have a Symbiote key?

Title

Edit:​

Peter has an actually viable showing as Venom, during the fight with Red Goblin during that one storyline.

-Stated to have been strengthened, made faster, and overall better by the Symbiote, even in his more passive held back state, and when enraged he launched Red Goblin through several ******* buildings.

Thus I propose...

Key: Symbiote

Powers and Abilities:
Insert displayed Symbiote powers and abilities here

High 8-C+ (Strengthened and made overall better by the Symbiote), At least High 8-C+, at most 8-B at peak (Launched Red Goblin through several buildings with a single strike. Noted by Osborn to be the power that he's holding back)

Weaknesses would be general Symbiote weaknesses and the fact that he fears he'll go absolutely berserk if he uses his full power

Also add the Venom Symbiote to his optional equipment

Last edited:
Peter has an actually viable showing as Venom, during the fight with Red Goblin during that one storyline.

Stated to have been strengthened, made faster, and overall better by the Symbiote, even in his more passive held back state, and when enraged he launched Red Goblin through several ******* buildings.

Thus I propose...

High 8-C+ (Strengthened and made overall better by the Symbiote), At least High 8-C+, at most 8-B at peak (Launched Red Goblin through several buildings with a single enraged strike. Noted by Osborn to be the power that he's holding back)

Weaknesses would be general Symbiote weaknesses and the fact that he fears he'll go absolutely berserk if he uses his full power

Last edited:
Yeah I always wondered why he didn't have a Symbiote key when it pretty much adds to him almost all of Venom's abilities and his own strength amp and weaknesses and is arguably his more better-looking appearance, fight me.

Also I'd mention that Peter also has a plain black suit for stealth purposes.

Why are you presuming Spider-Man has the same level of abilities as Venom in the symbiote suit? He doesn't have remotely the same level of control, and most of the shit he never demonstrates

K.

Anyways I don't mind listing the key if someone properly researches and writes down a P&A section for him :V

Also if Norman stated that a high 8-c+ at most 8-b form is just peters complete and full power that he was holding back initially wouldn’t that mean I was right in that previous thread?

…..so we DIDNT have a reason to not add a symbiote key? Jesus christ
It's redundant + more important shit + no one else proposed it
Also if Norman stated that a high 8-c+ at most 8-b form is just peters complete and full power that he was holding back initially wouldn’t that mean I was right in that previous thread?
...did you forget about the symbiote?

Definitely not redundant considering it's Peter but with a power that puts him on the whole other end of the tier, even pushing into the next one, alongside basic Symbiote powers

Anyway @Sir_Marvulous, any notable feats to calculate from Symbionte Spider-Man?
Nothing to calculate. Just the fact that he punched Red Goblin through a building at full power, making him scale to the latter's At least High 8-C+, at most 8-B. He normally holds back, though is still stronger and faster than before, making him High 8-C+. See OP.

Yeah I saw it, not blind, just asking if you want something to be calculated here. Didn't mention anything about ratings so don't need to post them again on your comment.

hows it redundant though
Contrast it with folks like Namor, or Silver Surfer, who have entire sections of the verse dependent on their scaling, and many characters don't even have files yet because of their lack of work done.

Vs. Symbiote Spider-Man who honestly ends up scaling to no one relevant. It's just the Spider-Man key with a very minor amp.

I'm more surprised Ultimate Spider-Man doesn't have a symbiote key despite having it's render as a tabber, especially cause it's explicitly stated it makes him stronger and faster.

Contrast it with folks like Namor, or Silver Surfer, who have entire sections of the verse dependent on their scaling, and many characters don't even have files yet because of their lack of work done.

Vs. Symbiote Spider-Man who honestly ends up scaling to no one relevant. It's just the Spider-Man key with a very minor amp.
Wouldn't call High 8-C base to High 8-C+ amp to 8-B full power amp something minor

Wouldn't call High 8-C base to High 8-C+ amp to 8-B full power amp something minor
He has Mk. 4 listed, he already lists those tiers. Read the file :V

It ends up being potaeto-potahto in the long run from an indexing standpoint, key isn't a higher than what Spidey already has, it has super minor powers attributed, and the gap isn't high enough to have meaning in scaling terms.

Like you can list it yeah, but acting like Symbiote Spider-Man is higher priority than every single X-Men or Cosmic Character in vs. debating is delusional

Last edited:
How did we forgot to create a symbionte key?
I remember the idea being tossed around before, but iirc it was apparently rejected under the supposed reasoning that the Symbiote didn't actually give an amp to Spider-Man in the comics. It's the only reason I didn't add a Symbiote key when I reworked the profile prior, I assumed that notion was still held though obviously not it seems lol

He has Mk. 4 listed, he already lists those tiers. Read the file :V

It ends up being potaeto-potahto in the long run from an indexing standpoint, key isn't a higher than what Spidey already has, it has super minor powers attributed, and the gap isn't high enough to have meaning in scaling terms.
Touché

Anyways begin collecting the P&As, also all scans are compulsory to be sourced or you can say goodbye to the revision.

For his P&A, he doesn't do anything notable except display anger-based size manipulation, so essentially just basic symbiote powers and whatever else you can infer from that.

Lol wait what are you literally using a single issue of feats?

This is a suit he wore for hundreds of issues mate. You read 'em?

There was a comic that I forgot the name (Maybe ASM 2018) where the suit controls Peter when he sleeps, he doesn't talk or anything because he sleeps, the suit calls him friend and the comic is narrated by the suit itself. Multiple Selves and Body Control maybe, also regeneration for the suit

Back