• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why is splitting clouds so powerful

Monarch_Laciel

VS Battles
Retired
I see a lot of characters (Saber, Saitama, All Might) have AP based on them splitting clouds and stuff, but I have to say, splitting a cloud does not seem that impressive to me. It's a cloud. It's basically condensed mist. So why does splitting clouds lead to such high levels of AP?

Usually because it's done very fast, which leads to a high KE. Also, clouds are actually quite massive, due to their enormous size

Kaltias said:
Clouds are actually quite massive, due to their enormous size
You don't say...

But yeah, I suppose a high speed would boost the KE up a fair bit.

Saitama spilt clouds right after he overpower Planet buster\surface buster attack tho so it kinda different

Ryop said:
Saitama spilt clouds right after he overpower Planet buster\surface buster attack tho so it kinda different
The Saitama cloud split calc doesn't work off the assumption that attack would've destroyed the planet/surface. The cloud splitting alone got Multi-Continental.

Ryukama said:
Ryop said:
The Saitama cloud split calc doesn't work off the assumption that attack would've destroyed the planet/surface. The cloud splitting alone got Multi-Continental.
The fact that he overpower surface buster's attack should put him Multi-continental level,others calc is just kinda unnecessary but whatever that not really metter i guess

By the way if he spilt the clouds right after he spilt Boros's attack shouldnt that make Saitama's feat more impressive since he should overcome Boros's attack and the clouds mass together?

I'm not saying Boros or Saitama shouldn't be High 6-A/5-B. Just that the cloudsplitting alone is High 6-A.

Ryukama said:
I'm not saying Boros or Saitama shouldn't be High 6-A/5-B. Just that the cloudsplitting alone is High 6-A.
ok,about what i asked,should that put Saitama's feat higher?

@Monarch

Clouds are still condensed balls of water vapor, and that has mass. Splitting large clouds at high speeds pushes a lot of mass at once, which, as Everlasting stated, can be used to calc KE.

Ryop said:
ok,about what i asked,should that put Saitama's feat higher?
Saitama's rated as straight up 5-B. It doesn't really matter. What I'm saying is that cloudsplitting feats can still be very powerful and that the High 6-A calc doesn't rely on any statements or assumptions.

Clouds have a small density (1.003 kg/m^3), however, they usually have large volumes. The average thickness of storm clouds (most often split) is over 10 Kilometers and are typically stretched across a 5 Kilometer radius/diameter. Because of this, Clouds reaching the Trillions or even Quadrillions of kilograms isn't unheard of. That, with the general quickness they're performed in tends to lead into pretty massive results.

I've done a cloud calc that reached as high as Planet level before.

Back