• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

“Why isn’t it possible?” (Yor Briar v Doomguy)

Doomguy

v

Yor Briar

“It’s just not.”

Why not you stupid bastard?”

Doomguy AP: 0:07 tons

Doomguy’s Speed: Mach 1.6

Yor Briar: 0:02 tons

Yor’s Speed: Mach 3.1 (Supersonic+)

Doomguy only wields his basic double barreled shotgun, and a chainsaw. Everything else is restricted.

Yor starts with standard equipment.

Fight takes place inside an extravagant dining hall.

Doomguy: 2 (LivingMeme, Ricsi)

Yor:

Last edited:
Yor has fought injured before. And since she has the higher LS she can just throw her blades and disarm Doomguy.

Close quarters combat is going to be where she dominates so she just has to disarm him to win.

Yor has fought injured before. And since she has the higher LS she can just throw her blades and disarm Doomguy.

Close quarters combat is going to be where she dominates so she just has to disarm him to win.
I mean yes but that is going to take a heavy scroll, but this match mostly depends on skil.....

Hard disagree. I think Doomguy outskills
especially in CQ.

He has hundreds of years of experience fight demons that can easily one shot him, murdered possessed soldiers with similar combat training he got, slays what a platoon of well equipped marines can’t.

Doomguy has a hard AP advantage too, being above the imp’s 0.07 tons.

I’m not saying she’s no good, but dominates is a strong word to use.

Ok so doomguy has considerably more skill and far more AP while yor has almost twice doomguy speed and 2x LS....

Hard disagree. I think Doomguy outskills
especially in CQ.

He has hundreds of years of experience fight demons that can easily one shot him, murdered possessed soldiers with similar combat training he got, slays what a platoon of well equipped marines can’t.

Doomguy has a hard AP advantage too, being above the imp’s 0.07 tons.

I’m not saying she’s no good, but dominates is a strong word to use.
this isnt Doom Slayer, this is classic Doomguy, who has far less experience and isnt a complete ******* force of nature, but is still a skilled soldier

Yeah, Doomguy skill aren't the same as Doomslayer, he's less experienced than his godly force-self and the best thing he could do was stop the invasion
Still in term of skill while they are comparable, i'll give Doomguy an edge here

even doomguy have less skill than doomslayer,he still can fight with a ton of demon with many powerfull weapons,compare to yor who just fight with some normal human... anyway doom fra

Age is not a qualification for skill. Life isn't a video game where repeating a task over and over levels up your skills for future use.

Fighting the hundredth horde wouldn't need more skill to win than fighting the first horde of demons, and we see in the game how he does that. Repetition helps to make a routine, but after a certain point, there is no requirement to improve. Yor very much has better showings for hand-to-hand combat than Doomguy does. Add her being twice as fast (which is massive in any hand-to-hand combat to an extent many don't really acknowledge), and she'd easily evade and slam his face in melee.

She gets shot in the face still, though. Not much she can do about that. Doomguy can tank her throwing knives so long as they don't catch an artery, but she is getting pasted as soon as she's hit.

Age is not a qualification for skill. Life isn't a video game where repeating a task over and over levels up your skills for future use.

Fighting the hundredth horde wouldn't need more skill to win than fighting the first horde of demons, and we see in the game how he does that. Repetition helps to make a routine, but after a certain point, there is no requirement to improve. Yor very much has better showings for hand-to-hand combat than Doomguy does. Add her being twice as fast (which is massive in any hand-to-hand combat to an extent many don't really acknowledge), and she'd easily evade and slam his face in melee.

She gets shot in the face still, though. Not much she can do about that. Doomguy can tank her throwing knives so long as they don't catch an artery, but she is getting pasted as soon as she's hit.
Eh no, yor haven't fougth an army who is masivelly superior to her

Eh no, yor haven't fougth an army who is masivelly superior to her
I haven't fought any armies, I will admit. Why does that matter?

If your argument is "Doomguy fought an army of entities stronger than Yor", that's a really bad argument.
First of all, I was talking pure hand to hand, which Doomguy doesn't tend to do.
Secondly, the demons aren't superior to her. They're slower, and they sure as hell aren't skillful. They rely on raw force or weaponry, not martial arts skills or anything like that.
Thirdly, you don't just drop the Doomguy in the middle of a thousand demons. He fights them in smaller numbers at a time.

His feat of fighting hordes of demons isn't applicable to fighting Yor.

I think he meant Yor, not you.

Setting that aside, I wish I would get a penny every time someone brings up experience in a Skill argument.

How far are the 2 away from each other? What is the spray pattern of Guys Shotgun?

I haven't fought any armies, I will admit. Why does that matter?

If your argument is "Doomguy fought an army of entities stronger than Yor", that's a really bad argument.
First of all, I was talking pure hand to hand, which Doomguy doesn't tend to do.
Secondly, the demons aren't superior to her. They're slower, and they sure as hell aren't skillful. They rely on raw force or weaponry, not martial arts skills or anything like that.
Thirdly, you don't just drop the Doomguy in the middle of a thousand demons. He fights them in smaller numbers at a time.

His feat of fighting hordes of demons isn't applicable to fighting Yor.
Eh no...again,

1. Most weapons from doomguy aren't as strong as his fists, and we have seen him use his fists numerous ocassions, also by your logic he still should have a fuckton of fire arm experience wich is nice because he has the supershotgun
2. ? i was refering than they haved pure AP difference and are massive in quantity

Setting that aside, I wish I would get a penny every time someone brings up experience in a Skill argument.

How far are the 2 away from each other? What is the spray pattern of Guys Shotgun?
The supershotgun doesn't have much spray really (or atleast in close-mid distances), so he still should be able to hit like 80% of his bullets

Oookay,

any reason I should believe that Guy can hit her then, when she has double his speed AND Instinctive Reactions on top of that?

Eh no...again,

1. Most weapons from doomguy aren't as strong as his fists, and we have seen him use his fists numerous ocassions, also by your logic he still should have a fuckton of fire arm experience wich is nice because he has the supershotgun
2. ? i was refering than they haved pure AP difference and are massive in quantity
1. They are strong enough to kill demons, which is what matters. I played doom, you don't fight multiple demons of note by going melee in the original without expecting to get your ass kicked fast.
2 That's meaningless. Yor is faster and skilled enough to dance through his unarmed strikes, and probably the chainsaw as well. Saying "but he beat someone stronger" doesn't matter unless "stronger" is used to mean faster, or more skilled, which no demon is.

1. They are strong enough to kill demons, which is what matters. I played doom, you don't fight multiple demons of note by going melee in the original without expecting to get your ass kicked fast.
2 That's meaningless. Yor is faster and skilled enough to dance through his unarmed strikes, and probably the chainsaw as well. Saying "but he beat someone stronger" doesn't matter unless "stronger" is used to mean faster, or more skilled, which no demon is.
I love how you all implying than doomguy has to only use his fists

1. Gameplay ≠ lore. It’s true that he definitely doesn’t lead melee in this version, but his whole mantra is Rip And Tear. He said this while holding a pile of guts, Doomguy would not shy away from melee if necessary.
2. Honestly yeah, Yor is likely on parin melee, as even the elite possessed soldiers don’t go through as much CQC training compared to her. Doomguy still has unparalleled skill with his weaponry though, slaying many fast demons that his fellow soldiers were slaughtered by.

Some demons (Archvilles and Possessed Soldiers) are not stupid. They use hit and run tactics quite often, which Doomguy overcomes frequently.

I agree with the life experience thingy tho.

and she'd easily evade and slam his face in melee.
Doomguy has AP advantage. LS does help though, but I wouldn’t say she completely destroys him.

Double barrel shotgun’s spray pattern basically the same as the IRL equivalent. Maybe a bit bigger since the effects seem to hit an entire hellknight’s body.

20 meters

I love how you all implying than doomguy has to only use his fists
Did you... not read my first comment? Where I literally say "she'd easily evade and slam his face in melee" and "She gets shot in the face still, though. Not much she can do about that. "?

1. Gameplay ≠ lore. It’s true that he definitely doesn’t lead melee in this version, but his whole mantra is Rip And Tear. He said this while holding a pile of guts, Doomguy would not shy away from melee if necessary.
I agree he is strong physically. I could see him going hand to hand against a small group of lesser demons. But I don't believe any "lore" exists from him going against the stronger demons, especially many of them at once, without using his weapons.

Anyways, I vote Doomguy. Firearms are great.

Yor could possibly win if she manages to catch his hand/arm with a thrown weapon in a way that stops him from shooting, but pulling a trigger should be a whole lot easier than that.

Back