• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why I've been demoted

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxForward

Joke Battles
Retired
Hello Joke Battles.

Today I realized that my actions have terrible consequences, and I am extremely sorry for all the bad things that I've done.

I was a total jerk that liked to highlight threads too often, but I can say, that I have changed.

I want to learn what my flaws were and how I can improve them.

I hope you understand.

Thank you.

-Max

No, no, and no.

Max, just because we've come to a consensus that you've been a substandard staff member, doesn't mean we l're going any further action apart from demoting you.

You've been a well behaved member of this community, so there is absolutely no reason why we would even consider banning you. So, please, don't give yourself such a hard time, alright?

Crabwhale said:
No, no, and no.

Max, just because we've come to a consensus that you've been a substandard staff member, doesn't mean we l're going any further action apart from demoting you.

You've been a well behaved member of this community, so there is absolutely no reason why we would even consider banning you. So, please, don't give yourself such a hard time, alright?
So, should I accept it?

Also, should I take a break from the wiki?

If you feel like it. I'm not not going to dictate what you can or can't do.

Again, Max, you haven't done anything strictly wrong, your behaviour has just been seen as a substandard for a mod, you're still one of our friendliest and most polite members.

Crabwhale said:
Again, Max, you haven't done anything strictly wrong, your behaviour has just been seen as a substandard for a mod, you're still one of our friendliest and most polite members.
Thanks.

Just gonna cross out the became a discussion mod part in my page.

Also, what were my flaws and how can I be an even better user? (An admin, even!)

I already told you that, but I'll reiterate in a simpler way: your main issue is your sporadic and irresponsible use of mod powers. So, first of all, look before you leap.

Any time you go to make a comment, or making a page, or whatever, think about what you're writing. Ask yourself: "Is this right? Should I do this?" and you'll be fine.

If we ever need another mod, should there be no other candidates better for the role, you might be the best choice, if you shape up.

No, that's not why most mods are promoted. Mods are needed to a degree to maintain the site, but given that the wiki already has so many admins and mods, it is unlikely that, unless a period of exponential growth begins for some reason, that we will need another promotion any time soon. Sorry.

Why did I not hear about this, and who agreed to demote you?

Also I agree with Crabwhale fyi

Seol404 said:
Why did I not hear about this, and who agreed to demote you?
Me, Copetan and KingPin (mostly me and KingPin though).

Crabwhale said:
No, that's not why most mods are promoted. Mods are needed to a degree to maintain the site, but given that the wiki already has so many admins and mods, it is unlikely that, unless a period of exponential growth begins for some reason, that we will need another promotion any time soon. Sorry.
So, I'm demoted because the wiki has enough staff members and I highlight too much.

Okay then.

Close this please

Why was I not consulted at all on this, its not like I'm rarely active, and its also not like you don't have any way to talk with me in private

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back