• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that large parts of the project have still been left undone, so it would be good if somebody can summarise what parts that still need to be done.

I don't think that there have been particularly many verse pages created since this project started, going by my memory.
I bothered checking, this started when there were about 25 000 pages, and the wiki now features nearly 28 000.
So yes, a ton of pages have been added since then, most without featuring the forum stuff.

I referred to the verse pages only. That is all that this project was intended to focus on.
I think that large parts of the project have still been left undone, so it would be good if somebody can summarise what parts that still need to be done.
Anyway, let's focus on this part please, so I can ask several staff members for help with finishing this project.

Just to specify things. Verses with "/" in them should be removed in the {{discussion}} template. Since I didn't see it noted anywhere.
For example:
Fate/stay night = {{discussion|Fatestay night|Fate/stay night}}

Update:
This is basically me just rechecking from A-Z (In case some were missed)
Verses with special characters (The purpose is to clear and handle all the verses with special characters first. Then to add {{discussions}} template later to the others)
Verses (A): No issues
Verses (B): Fixed

But there is some weird issue with:​
Black★Rock_Shooter_(Verse)
When I checked what tags were used for Black Rock Shooter. It is: BlackE29885Rock_Shooter_Verse. No problem with that, but then it would look like Blackôÿàrock Shooter (Verse) in this forum. If there's a solution for this, I'd be glad if it was brought up.​
Verses (C): Fixed
Verses (D): Fixed
Verses (E): Fixed
Verses (F): Fixed
Verses (G): Fixed
Verses (I): No issues
Verses (J): Fixed. Almost no issues
Verses (K): Almost no issues

New Updates:
Verses (L): Fixed
Verses (M): Fixed. Almost no issues
Verses (N): No issues
Verses (O): Fixed
Verses (P): Fixed
Verse (Q): No issues
Verses (R): Fixed
Verses (S): Fixed
Verses (T): Almost no issues
Verses (U): Fixed. Almost no issues
Verses (V): Fixed. Almost no issues
Verses (W): Fixed. Almost no issues
Verses (X): No issues
Verses (Y): No issues
Verses (Z): No issues
According to this post, the verse pages have already been taken care of.

No. I messaged JRB to make changes to the standard format too. But he hasn't been active. We need to get that done first.

Can I have a quick question? Why some characters have ''Discussion thread about X character'' but the others doesn't and it only exist to the verse?

Can I have a quick question? Why some characters have ''Discussion thread about X character'' but the others doesn't and it only exist to the verse?
I believe the project originally started out as "applying this to verse threads only" but I suppose slowly over time it became applying this to characters as well.

This project is only for adding the template to the verse pages, as they are most important.

Other members have independently added it to quite a lot of profile pages as well.

True enough, and the standard format for verses page also long since needs to be updated with a decent explanations section for how galleries work. Although I am currently waiting for information from Fandom regarding whether the gallery codes will be allowed work the same way as previously or not, so this may not be quite the right time to do so yet.

Anyway, should I send a notification to our administrators and content moderators to ask them if somebody is willing to handle all of it?

Don't forget the standard format for weapons, civilizations and vehicles.
Perhaps every page format should have it really.

The discussions template needs to be mentioned in the standard format pages for characters and verses.
True enough, and the standard format for verses page also long since needs to be updated with a decent explanations section for how galleries work. Although I am currently waiting for information from Fandom regarding whether the gallery codes will be allowed work the same way as previously or not, so this may not be quite the right time to do so yet.
Don't forget the standard format for weapons, civilizations and vehicles.
Perhaps every page format should have it really.
@SomebodyData @The_real_cal_howard @Dragonmasterxyz @Celestial_Pegasus @Soldier_Blue @Saikou_The_Lewd_King @Andytrenom @DarkDragonMedeus @Wokistan @Mr._Bambu @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Ogbunabali @Abstractions @Shadowbokunohero @Mindovin @Jvando @SamanPatou @Just_a_Random_Butler @Zaratthustra

Would any of you be willing to help out with this please?

I don't really have the coding knowledge to make a detailed explanation on galleries- mostly I just copy/paste. I can add a note about Discussions, though.

Same with Bambu, not only do I have my hands full with other wiki related stuff + RL stuff, I also do not know too much about the Discussions template.

I mean the discussions template is easy enough, but galleries have a decent bit of coding knowledge tied to them. I just wouldn't be able to be descriptive about 'em.

Yeah the gallery stuff shouldn't be done until we know what their future will be with the new wiki layout.

Okay. Let's only focus on adding instructions about the Discussions template for the moment then.

Thank you. Perhaps somebody can simply copy the source code for the "Discussions" section to our standard format for character profiles page then?

Thank you. What about the rest of you? Do JaRB's drafts seem good enough to add?

JaRB's draft seems very good, yes.

Okay. I will copy-paste the relevant parts of it then.

I have done so:

Are there any other parts of JaRB's draft page that should be copied as well, due to having superior content?

Most of it seems to be a copy/paste of what was already on the page, so I don't think so.

Okay. Thank you for helping out.

Is there anything left to do here, or should I close this thread?

Yeah, this is done.

Oh wait, we also need to add that section to the standard format for verse pages. I have done so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back