• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Words are Super (Wordgirl vs. Krypto the Superdog)

Bossbrosish

He/Him
Both are 6-C with speed equalized and Krypto only has his base abilities and doesn't have any of his optional equipment. The battle takes place in Fair City starting 20 meters apart.

Wordgirl AP: 1.9539155e+20

Krypto AP: 7.93761975e+19
(2.4x difference in Wordgirl's favor)

(Click images to go to profiles)

A girl who knows words: 2 (Bossbrosish, Imaginym)

A super-powered dog: 0

Friendship wins or something: 0

Last edited:
Not sure what Krypto starts with and it's been so long since I last watched word girl, but based on what I remember word girl would try to formulate some sort of plan and try to avoid fighting, but will fight if needed. Again it's been so long since I last watched word girl, so I could be wrong about how she starts.

She does like to take evasive maneuvers and trip her opponents out with a zig-zag motion. She's extremely good in arial combat.

Bruh, the fact that I wasn't notified about this match

Wordgirl starts with speed-blitzing and tying her opponent up.
Speed is equalized here, so that isn't going to be useful around here. And also, if anything, Krypto can easily escape out of those restraints using his heat vision.

Any idea how good Krypto is at maneuvering and aerial combat?
I would say he's also pretty good at dodging stuff just by flying, and he usually prefers to end stuff pretty quickly by incapacitating them.

Would he try to do it through heat vision or through other means?
He would use heat vision as an opportunity, but the thing is, it's not something that he always spams in character, he usually prefers fighting physically

In terms of fighting skill it looks like Word Girll the edge with genius combat compared to Krypto's Above Average.

Wordgirl is also more prone to using her ice breath against people who she deems as a threat like Miss Power. Said breath was able to freeze someone in the depths of space.

Wordgirl is also more prone to using her ice breath against people who she deems as a threat like Miss Power. Said breath was able to freeze someone in the depths of space.
Well, Krypto is no stranger to being frozen solid, considering that he has melted out of being frozen by a snowman's ice breath before using his Heat Vision. And either then, Krypto could dig a hole to avoid that attack and he could use his Sound Manipulation against her to incapacitate her considering his Sound Manipulation is just as loud as Streaky's was which was loud enough to cause terrible headaches to stun them.

Well, Krypto is no stranger to being frozen solid, considering that he has melted out of being frozen by a snowman's ice breath before using his Heat Vision. And either then, Krypto could dig a hole to avoid that attack and he could use his Sound Manipulation against her to incapacitate her considering his Sound Manipulation is just as loud as Streaky's was which was loud enough to cause terrible headaches to stun them.
She's got sonic screams as well, as well as the ability to drill herself into the ground. It's not listed on the profile, but she has survived being in close proximity to the sun, so I don't think heat would be that much of an issue for her. I'd see it coming down to AP and LS. Becky has over twice the advantage in the former and a massive advantage in LS. Seeing as how he can't survive in space without a helmet while she can naturally, throwing him into space should do him in.

She's got sonic screams as well, as well as the ability to drill herself into the ground. It's not listed on the profile, but she has survived being in close proximity to the sun
Big yikes, that's how you know the profile is severely outdated. And i don't know if that really counts since she wasn't really that much close to it. But eh, this could be me saying that
so I don't think heat would be that much of an issue for her.
Krypto's heat vision isn't 100% heat, they also have force in them, so they'll still apply damage onto her.
I'd see it coming down to AP and LS. Becky has over twice the advantage in the former and a massive advantage in LS. Seeing as how he can't survive in space without a helmet while she can naturally, throwing him into space should do him in.
How exactly would Becky know about Krypto being unable to breathe in space? And does it seem like something she can do in character?

How exactly would Becky know about Krypto being unable to breathe in space? And does it seem like something she can do in character?
She usually gets rid of some of her opponents this way like Tobey's robots and in the before-mentioned clip of giving the big yeet into the sun. It's also a tactic Miss Power's used on her in the past and she was her mentor for a time. And yes, being the only Wordgirl supporter in this forum is suffering.

She usually gets rid of some of her opponents this way like Tobey's robots and in the before-mentioned clip of giving the big yeet into the sun. It's also a tactic Miss Power's used on her in the past and she was her mentor for a time. And yes, being the only Wordgirl supporter in this forum is suffering.
Well, Krypto's usually no stranger to that considering that he has thrown Catbots into outer space before, so it shouldn't really take him long to realize a way behind that. And even if she did manage to throw him somewhere out of sight in space, he can still return back considering that he has MFTL+ spaceflight, so that tactic won't really be that useful for her. And usually Krypto carries a space helmet with him when he's traveling into space.

Well, Krypto's usually no stranger to that considering that he has thrown Catbots into outer space before, so it shouldn't really take him long to realize a way behind that. And even if she did manage to throw him somewhere out of sight in space, he can still return back considering that he has MFTL+ spaceflight, so that tactic won't really be that useful for her. And usually Krypto carries a space helmet with him when he's traveling into space.
Optional equipment is restricted.

Optional equipment is restricted.
His MFTL+ speed isn't optional equipment, it's just his flight speed in space. His space suit is just equal to that in speed in all categories

His MFTL+ speed isn't optional equipment, it's just his flight speed in space. His space suit is just equal to that in speed in all categories
Still can't really see him getting around her LS. She can easily just restrain him until he gives out.

Still can't really see him getting around her LS. She can easily just restrain him until he gives out.
He still can by biting her to make her let go of him, heat vision (which won't really require heat, just from force@ his way out of her restraints. And either way if she did manage to throw him to the sun, it's only going to amp him up considering that he has Solar-Energy Absorption.

He still can by biting her to make her let go of him, heat vision (which won't really require heat, just from force@ his way out of her restraints. And either way if she did manage to throw him to the sun, it's only going to amp him up considering that he has Solar-Energy Absorption.
Heat vision isn't going to do much if she holds him still from the back and she'd still be able to move her arms out of the way of the bite while holding him. She's not exactly just going to stand there and take it. And just in terms of brute strength, I think she can just handle him. More often than not she wins the matchup without even having any haxed wincons.

Heat vision isn't going to do much if she holds him still from the back and she'd still be able to move her arms out of the way of the bite while holding him. She's not exactly just going to stand there and take it.
He could still follow her movements and do what's necessary to break out of her restraining him eventually. If she holds him in a bear-hug like position this still gives Krypto the opportunity to use his heat vision onto her arms. And especially the fact that his heat vision completely outranges her in most of her relevant abilities. But I won't deny that she is superior to him in brute strength, but Krypto's eventually going to find a way out of it.

He could still follow her movements and do what's necessary to break out of her restraining him eventually. If she holds him in a bear-hug like position this still gives Krypto the opportunity to use his heat vision onto her arms. And especially the fact that his heat vision completely outranges her in most of her relevant abilities. But I won't deny that she is superior to him in brute strength, but Krypto's eventually going to find a way out of it.
I don't see range really being a factor considering she can manage to the distance in similarly ranged weaponry quite easily. And considering said villains have wincons that would normally one-shot her via transmutation and she still manages to dodge skillfully enough to hold them down without getting hit once, heat vision that might just harm her probably won't be much of an issue. Her flight however is a little hard to keep track of. She moves kind of like a Powerpuff Girl, her speed only visualized as an orange light that darts from point A to point B. I believe her brute force and mobility should be enough to earn her the win.

Her flight however is a little hard to keep track of. She moves kind of like a Powerpuff Girl, her speed only visualized as an orange light that darts from point A to point B.
But speed is equalized though meaning that Krypto could still perceive and react to her flying at him. So again, that won't really be useful.
I believe her brute force and mobility should be enough to earn her the win.
Fair enough I suppose.

From what I read it seems Word Girl has more win-cons thanks to her LS advantage and AP advantage. Going to vote for the girl who knows words.

I did watch & enjoy the show. It helps that it has several acclaimed VAs & comedians working on it.
Although I'm not 100% knowledgeable.

Maybe I can help. Is there something scans are needed from, & do you recall what episode it's from? Title? Plot? Characters?

Also, on the topic of yeet into space, wouldn't it be intuitive that it'd work? I mean, to Becky's credit, Krypto looks like a regular dog, minus the superpowers, which, for all she know, could come from things like being a mutant or a freak accident or magic or something, as opposed to from being an alien that can breathe in space.

Put simply, if it looks like a dog, it probably suffocates like a dog, & I think Becky should be able to figure that out.
....Well, presuming her already existing knowledgeability &/or her formal education -That of an elementary schooler- is good enough, as opposed to Becky doing almost as badly in biology as she does in art.

The main problem with the "hurl the hound dog" strategy, though might be travel speed; Speed equalized equalizes to the lower, & in this case....

Becky: 104,166,667,000 m/s
Krypto (with Space Suit): 478,182,870,370 m/s
Krypto (without Space Suit): Somewhere around 4,000 m/s, 4,677,031.82 m/s, &/or 13,818,715.52 m/s

Krypto's Space Suit is Optional Equipment & the OP didn't say he had it, & again, Speed is equalized to the lowest, so depending on what speed value is used for Krypto, the effective travel speed is somewhere between 4,000 & 13,818,715.52 meters per second.

Just doing a very quick Google. If anyone has better info, please bring it up:
"Without air in your lungs, blood will stop sending oxygen to your brain. You'll pass out after about 15 seconds. 90 seconds after exposure, you'll die from asphyxiation. It's also very cold in space." - May 13, 2021

If he can breathe for 15 seconds in space while travelling at whatever his max travel speed ends up as in this Speed Equalized match.... Becky could throw Krypto 60,000 meters away from Earth's breathable atmosphere & he could still make it back in. Probably winded & short of breath, but still in breathable atmosphere.

That's the no space suit low end. If we assume the Speeds from among his profile that's used & thus scaled to, & is the slowest, & thus, is equalized to for Speed Equalized in this match is Krypto's 13,818,715.52 m/s....

207,280,732.8 meters. (More if Krypto can go more than a typical human's 15 seconds before passing out from no air in the lungs.)

That'd be a little over halfway from the Earth to the moon.

Can Becky throw Krypto FARTHER away from Earth than the moon? Because if not, that plan can fail from him just flying back into Earth's atmosphere, although it'd probably be exhausting for Krypto since he'd have to fly at a straight shot with literally no room to breath.

Which'd probably be worsened if she tried to attack him while he's coming back; For example, throwing rocks or using other ranged attacks at him while he approaches the Earth. Even if he doesn't lose precious breathing time & distance to having to make small detours to dodge, the damage from a hit could be its own reward, although IDK how efficient that'd be in their Stamina matchups for Wordgirl to play that kinda ranged projectile game, even if such circumstances would probably be notably taxing for Krypto.
& also IDK if it'd be IC for Becky to ranged attack someone trying to fly back to Earth.

Still, point is, yeeting the yapper works only if Becky can throw Krypto far enough. Without Krypto's spacesuit, she probably needs to throw him more than halfway to the moon, if not 2, 3 or 4 times that, maybe, if the Kryptonian dog's capacity to breathe in space if any better than a typical human's.

Does she have the LS to achieve that?

Pardon all the words, please. Hope that helps.

The main problem with the "hurl the hound dog" strategy, though might be travel speed; Speed equalized equalizes to the lower, & in this case....

Becky: 104,166,667,000 m/s
Krypto (with Space Suit): 478,182,870,370 m/s
Krypto (without Space Suit): Somewhere around 4,000 m/s, 4,677,031.82 m/s, &/or 13,818,715.52 m/s
Again, like I've said before, Krypto's MFTL+ speed isn't special equipment. It's just his flight speed in space, his Space Suit just allowed his spaceflight to be his overall speed.

Last edited:
Again, like I've said before, Krypto's MFTL+ speed isn't special equipment. It's just his flight speed in space, his Space Suit just allowed his spaceflight to be his overall speed.
My mistake.

478,182,870,370 meters per second * 15 seconds = 7,172,743,055,550 meters, or 7,172,743,055.55 km.

To his credit, 7.1 billion KM is an impressive distance. 1 of the more approachable comparisons I found for it is that it's about 1.2x the semi-major axis of Pluto's orbit, Pluto being "only" about 4.28 to 7.5 billion KM away.

Although, that MIGHT not be as relevant, depending on if said speed of Krypto's is equalized to the lower value like "Combat Speed" is:

"Per default the following rules and assumptions will be taken if a match takes place in a speed equalized setting:

• The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc.
    • Speed Amplification techniques are assumed to grant the same percentile of increase to a character's equalized speeds, as they would to their usual speeds."

& given the calculations in the blog @Bossbrosish linked earlier:

Throwing someone to Pluto would only require about 4.69*10^7 Joules.
As the blog's summary says:

"Pretty hefty, but these are all bare minimums. The highest calcuable value acceptable, which would put space launch at 0.93c, would be 9.5879*10^18 Joules, or 2.2916 Gigatons of TNT (Large Mountain level), which is too outlier-y to accomplish by any normal means, so stick with the chart. Pretty much what this says is launching someone from the moon into space would be Small Building level, launching someone from Earth into space would be Building level, launching someone from Jupiter into space (somehow) would be City Block level, and launching someone out of the sun would be Small Town level. Good to know."

With the combatants of this match being Island Level, Becky & Krypto each have nearly an order of magnitude or 2 more than that blog's highest estimated strength needed to launch someone into space.
Heck, by those metrics, I'd dare estimate she could throw someone well past Pluto if she wanted to. Krypto probably could, too, for that matter!

15 seconds is just how long a regular person lasts before passing out in space from no oxygen. I could believe Krypto could outdo that oxygen efficiency by several times.

But when Becky has the AP to (If I'm doing my math right.) outdo even what that calc blog calls the "highest calcuable value acceptable" (Which itself is several orders of magnitude above the other estimates & uses 93% of Light Speed.) by 20.3789725 times, I could also believe she'd be able to send Krypto well past how far he can fly back from, even WITH the top speed he'd lack in this Speed Equalized match.

Though, to their credit, even at near-light speeds like 93% of Light Speed, it'd still take several hours to reach Pluto, so as long as he can steady & reorient himself from tumbling or whatever in space & resume flying back before then, he should be fine, unless....

Combatants in a versus thread can launch one another at superluminal (faster-than-light) speeds, right?

Last edited:
Back