• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yang vs Joseph Joestar

mainly just him predicting his foes next attack and or action with surprising accuracy, so that it feels/looks like mind control.

Because there are no specifications as to which form is used or if speed is equalized, there are multiple scenarios as to how this could go, but something to address before my analysis:

In the early parts of JoJo, Hamon is the power used to fight vampires and the undead by exploiting their weakness to the sun. However, when against normal people, Hamon does almost nothing. Hamon affecting a normal human to a degree that matters happened three times in the manga, only one of which was combat applicable: The Deep-Pass Overdrive transferring Zeppelis' strength and experience to Jonathan, Caesar mind-controlling that woman (Joseph never does this in the manga, and it's only implied that he can because Joseph and Caesar were equals), and Kars using it to hurt Joseph after he multiplied its power by several thousand times. So in conclusion, Hamon should not be able to bypass Yang's defenses in a way that hurts, as it was described as a tingle at minimum and a burning sensation at worst.

Anyway, onto my analysis:

Volume 1-3 Yang vs Pre-Training Joseph: Joseph is her equal at that point in AP and Speed. While Joseph is much smarter than her, after hitting her enough, her Semblance boosts her power and all it would take is one good hit to set Joseph up to be pummelled into oblivion. While it would be close, I think Yang would eventually win.

Volume 1-3 Yang vs Post-Training Joseph or Part 3 Joseph: Joseph in either form can react at MFTL speeds; Yang can't touch him no matter how hard she tries. Eventually he will wear down her defenses and beat her. Part 3 would be at an even bigger advantage because she can't see Hermit Purple.

Volume 4-5 Yang vs Pre-Training Joseph: Yang is now is much stronger and faster than Joseph. While he is smarter, he can't hurt her. Yang will eventually win.

Volume 4-5 Yang vs Post-Training Joseph or Part 3 Joseph: Yang can't touch him, but Joseph can't hurt her. It would be inconclusive, nobody would win.

TL;DR: Of the six ways this can go, Joseph wins twice, Yang wins twice, and it's inconclusive twice. It's literally a 1/3 chance as to the victor at this point. More specification is needed from OP.

If which version of the characters aren't specified we assume that the strongest versions of the characters are used.

A compostit of part three joseph and post training part two joseph he has knowledge of stands. speed is not equalized, and yang is in her volume 5 form.

OP just has to describe young Joseph in OP or good, equalize with the old Joseph (although to be honest, being that much slower when just makes me dountbut anyway).

OP commented this:

-Volume 5 Yang

-Composite Post-Training and Part 3 Joseph

-Unequalized Speed

It's like I said in my previous post, Joseph can't hurt her and Yang can't touch him. It's inconclusive.

Why wouldn't Joseph able to hurt her? The difference between the two is negligible. That's it, with MFTL+ reactions Joseph would be able to react to any non AoE attack; my suggestion is that equalize speed if want a battle to done fair.

Joseph is Building+, Yang is Large Building and her durability gets further boosted by her Semblance. Eventually, after enough hits, Joseph won't be able to damage her Aura anymore. But again, Yang can't touch him, so the fight will reach a point where nothing can be done.

Difference between Building+ and Large Building isn't the big deal, and even with amp this is far from a AP stomp. But yes, speed is pretty mismatched, again, equalize speed if you want an actual debate.

Mmm, it sound more of a issue in the profile, since higher do not says much. In that case, first key for both without equalize is good enough.

@Supersonic He dodged a laser from the Red Stone of Aja and could block a stab from Silver Chariot at age 69, that's where.

So a couple of silly questions since I've just begun watching RWBY and I am horribly misinformed about it:

-From what I know Yang's base AP is around 1.6 tons and her base speed is mach 6. Is that correct? Are those from her own feats or scaling (and from what or who do they come from)?

-Has it ever been cleared up how much her semblance amps her power (or at least what's the limit) and if it amps her speed as well? Does it work kinda like the X-Factor in Marvel vs Capcom 3 or in short burts like a Limit Break?

-This may sound stupid but... uuh... I still remember Screwattack calc'd her durability at 1400 tons. What's the deal with that? Not hating on DB or anything don't get me wrong, but obviously that's not correct so what is the real force behind the pillar feat?

She's 1.42 tons actually, both from her own feats and from the feats of people she scales to. Speed-Wise she's Mach 8.

There's no stated multiplier but it's consistently allowed her to oneshot things 2-4x stronger than herself normally.

SA uses tons of force, not tons of TNT like we use

@WeeklyBattles: Thanks for the help

1. Ah I see. So what feats? Can you tell me or have a link? Just want to know, no doubting or anything, though. Justn that I haven't found the precise top feats used to measure team RWBY.

2. 2-4x is a pretty solid number, quite a powerful ability she has. Still haven't quite gotten if it works in short bursts or like a temporary super mode. Does her semblance affect her speed or only her AP?

3. Thanks for clearing this one up, didn't know about the difference in the criteria. The pillar break how many tons of TNT would yield. btw? Has it been calced?

1. Here, here, and here. Also my bad, you were correct she's Mach 6, the mach 8 feat is for Pyrrha.

2. Its a temporary super mode. It doesnt affect her speed only her strength and durability.

3. iirc it was only calced at Wall level, not even a Ton of TNT

Back