• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yep, two KN8 CRT on the same day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note: If anyone wants to check out the chapters for themselves to see the full context, here is a link to Mangaplus where the chapters are free.

Just because KT insisted, I have yet another CRT for this verse this time on the very same day instead of tomorrow. Seriously, I do not know how many CRT I have done for this verse.

• For Kaiju No. 9: I would like to propose Stealth Mastery via human disguises
The reason behind this is because Kaiju No. 9 can utilizes human disguises to blend in and infiltrate human societies with no one being the wiser that one of their worker has been killed and replaced with an Impostor in Chapter 9 (yes, that was an Among Us references)

• For Kaiju No. 9, I would like to discuss about his unique space barrier
In Chapter 15, No. 8 reveals to us that he can create essentially an undetectable pocket of space that can jams radio communication. Also in Chapter 15, he mentions how it was originally a trick meant to keep him hidden.

Then in Chapter 16, he reveals to us that no one, living or otherwise, can leave the area without his permission.

In Chapter 19, it is revealed that not only it is impossible to communicate anyone within the area with radio communications, their vitals can't even be detected. Then finally in Chapter 19, he described the space as a "Camouflage Barrier".

Going from the list, I think the abilities associated with this is Spatial Manipulation (For creating an undetectable pocket of space), Limited Technology Manipulation (Can jam radio communications and prevent vitals from being detected) and Camouflage (Due to describing his barrier as such and the fact that the technique was designed to keep him hidden. [This can also be seen as Stealth Mastery]). Do not know what the part where he can prevent people from leaving the area without his permission. If there is any more that can be added or the ones I listed need to be replaced, let me know

It sounds weird but hear me out. Kaiju No. 10 has only been in one fight and that was when he brought a flock of wyverns with him crash a base (Chapter 23-32). He use the wyvern as a tool for flight and get from one place to the other. But most importantly, he utilizes them in battle almost like an extension of himself as shown when he guide them to the opponent with his ability in battle before having them self-destruct akin to living missiles. He did not once but twice in the same battle.

EDIT:

Added another proposal right here: https://vsbattles.com/threads/yep-two-kn8-crt-on-the-same-day.125105/#post-4174585

Last edited:
Everything here looks alright to me. The Kaiju being optional equipment for No. 10 is alright as well since he utilized them in combat.

A lot of threads like this lately. But anyway, this all looks good.

It doesn't seem like technology manip, rather a resistance to extrasensory perception or information analysis, I don't know how do we treat radio waves and radars. According to that n.9 says, it seems more the pocket of space is meant to cut the area off the rest of the world, which prevents the radio waves to get through, instead of actively causing them to stop working.

I also think camouflage fits better the first proposal, alongside Social Influencing because he can fool the humans. The barrier isn't really a camouflage by itself, which is more about blending or hiding in the environment, or look like another thing or being, which is what n.9 does with its shapeshifting powers.

Light and wyverns are good.

It doesn't seem like technology manip, rather a resistance to extrasensory perception or information analysis, I don't know how do we treat radio waves and radars. According to that n.9 says, it seems more the pocket of space is meant to cut the area off the rest of the world, which prevents the radio waves to get through, instead of actively causing them to stop working.

I also think camouflage fits better the first proposal, alongside Social Influencing because he can fool the humans. The barrier isn't really a camouflage by itself, which is more about blending or hiding in the environment, or look like another thing or being, which is what n.9 does with its shapeshifting powers.

Light and wyverns are good.
Perhaps some more information regarding No. 9's human disguise would be necessary. For No. 9, he gets his human disguises by consuming/eating people, afterward he is able to morph his body into them as well as gain access to their memory as shown when he was able to know the man's name, his age and that he lives alone, as know how to drive (This scan is from Chapter 21). Would this affect your opinion regarding the first proposal in the OP

I think it's a combination of absorption (flesh and memory), camouflage for the disguise and social influencing for him playing the role of the person.

Ah I see. Thanks for your input. So to summarize your point:
  • The first proposal would be Camouflage and Social Influencing via his Absorption and Shapeshifting to gain access human disguises and turn into them
  • The second proposal would be Spatial Manipulation and Resistance to Extrasensory Perception or Information Analysis
  • The third one with the wyverns is fine
  • The additional one with the flash round is also fine
I found on Tomura Shigaraki's page, his All for One's Power and Abilities section, it has "Limited Radiation Manipulation (Can manipulate radio waves)".

This is done via his Radio Waves Quirk which is written under the Notable Attacks/Techniques section and here is what it say
  • Radio Waves: Tomura can disrupt radio waves and cause communicators to malfunction.

Your summary is correct.

I think Radiations work if you produce them, but in this case the barrier prevents them from enter and escape, which is a space-based way to interrupt communications and block radars.
Blocking radii waves is just an effect of spatial manip, but blocking waves used to scan it would fit as limited resistance to ESP/info analysis imho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back