• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yoda vs Ozpin

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Firestorm

That feat was already calc'ed much lower. I think it was done by Darkanine.

Let's not derail this thread. Yoda is not getting over 7-A to High 7-A.

Bump

Current Votes

Yoda: 1 (Efficiente)

Ozpin: 1 (Bananaman (though I think he needs better reasoning since Yoda has TK that can double for EM))

I vote for Yoda.

Lightsaber > Cane

Diverse Force abilities (mental and elemental manipulation) > Elemental manipulation

Yoda has faced many other force users.

Ozpin rarely fights other magic users.

Yoda has faced Droidekas that have shields and can attack simultaneously.

Opzin can only shield and attack one at a time.

Do i need to bring up all of the staff weapons in star wars that are capable of trading blows with lightsabers?

Canon Yoda does not have combat applicable mind hax, nor does he have elemental manipulation. These are all the powers Yoda has access to in this version:

• Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Enhanced Senses, Various lightsaber combat skills, Skilled Swordsman, Precognition, Telekinesis, Telepathy, Telekinetic Blasts, Mind Manipulation, Psychometry, Barrier Creation (in the form of Force Barrier), Energy Manipulation (can reflect, redirect, and absorb energy attacks thrown at him)
This is High 7-A Ozpin, who has singlehandedly won wars, and he CAN in fact use his forcefields and attack simultaneously, even an inexperienced Maiden like Amber was able to do so, and thats not even factoring his Aura into anything

WeeklyBattles said:
Does Canon Yoda even have combat applicable mind hax? Also, Ozpin has thousands of years of combat experience as opposed to Yodas 900
Ezra mindcontrolled a dude into comitting suicide, and he doesn't have formal trainning in The Force.

But, I will go and say Yoda is in character, because he can just do that while bloodlusted.

I vote for Yoda, Ozpin got killed by Cinder, who is just 7-A. So yeah, if a 7-A killed him, Yoda is going to have a far easier time who is High 7-A.

His power output is higher scalign from Vader (1.23 gigatons vs 0.16 gigatons. Almost ten times).

@Numbers Hey, tell that to Ever, according to him Yoda has no combat applicable mind hax

This is High 7-A Ozpin, not 7-A Ozpin...

WeeklyBattles said:
@Numbers Hey, tell that to Ever, according to him Yoda has no combat applicable mind hax
This is High 7-A Ozpin, not 7-A Ozpin...
Oh sorry.

I still vote Yoda still, since 0.16 gigatons x 4 (Four Maiden) = 0.64 gigatons, still far too low.

Vote tally:

-Yoda: 3 (Eficiente, Firestorm and mine)

-Ozpin: 1 (Bananaman)

-Inconclusive: 1 (Gargoyle One)

@WeeklyBattles

Wait, when did Ozpin "singlehandedly" win wars?

Weapon:

Lightsaber > Remnant Cane

Staff weapons in Star Wars capable of trading blows with lightsabers were specifically designed to do so. Remnant has no laser swords to prepare for.

• (Legends) A vibroblade could be fitted with cortosis-weave, allowing it to parry the blows of lightsabers and energy swords.
  • Electrostaffs were designed for single combat against lightsaber-wielders such as Jedi, and had the ability to block lightsaber strikes.
Abilities:

Yoda | Ozpin

Superhuman Physical Characteristics | Superhuman Physical Characteristics

Tie

No counter | Able to use his Aura for numerous purposes (Aura can be used as a full-body forcefield, as a means of enhancing his striking power and sharpening his senses, granting him Regenerationn (Mid-Low)

Advantage: Ozpin

Enhanced Senses, Precognition | Extrasensory Perception, Afterimage creation

Advantage: Yoda

Barrier Creation (in the form of Force Barrier) | Forcefield Creation

Tie?

Various lightsaber combat skills, Skilled Swordsman | Highly skilled in hand-to-hand combat, Staff skills

Advantage: Yoda, taught all lightsaber forms to the younglings

Telekinesis, Energy Manipulation (can reflect, redirect, and absorb energy attacks thrown at him) | Fire Manipulation, Weather Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Air Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, and Telekinesis.

Telepathy, Telekinetic Blasts, Mind Manipulation, Psychometry | No counter

No counter | Flight

Advantage: Ozpin

Intelligence/Experience:

Skilled and experienced combatant. Possesses 9 centuries worth of wisdom and knowledge in the ways of utilizing the Force in combat and is considered one of the wisest and most knowledgeable masters of the prequel era Jedi Order. Master Lightsaber Combatant and Force User of the highest caliber, to the extent that he is one of the few characters in the series able to fight Darth Sidious on even ground. | High (Ozpin has thousands of years of combat experience due to merging his soul with countless others in order to protect Remnant. He is highly analytical, able to study his opponent in the middle of combat thoroughly enough to be able to clarify how he beat them and what they could have done to stand a better chance. He secretly runs a group whose goals are keeping the people of Remnant safe while managing a top-tier high school, is a capable strategist and leader, has the ability to persuade even volatile personalities to co-operate with his plans

Inconclusive: The experience between 9 centuries and at least 2 thousand years is subjective to what actually happened during that time. However, Yoda has faced many other force users, and Ozpin rarely fights other magic users.

Weaknesses:

None notable | Continual use of his Aura will cause it to decay to the point where he can be left weakened or even incapacitated.

@Fire Theyre specifically designed to be more durable. Oz will have no problems trading blows with Yoda's lightsaber with his staff

Oz's ESP is borderline precog

You left out Oz's staff skill and thousands of years worth of combat experience

Yoda's psychometry wont help him here

@WeeklyBattles

I just copied the abilities from their profiles. It's not my fault no one put staff skills.

Ozpin has never been hinted at having precog.

Anyway yoda seems to have the better arguments so Yoda for reasons Mentioned previously

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Might I ask where you got Ozpin's EPS being even remotely similar to boarderline precog?
Ren, a far less inexperienced Aura user, knew Tyrian was coming before he got there

LordAizenSama said:
Ozpin has never been hinted at having precog.
Anyway yoda seems to have the better arguments so Yoda for reasons Mentioned previously
His aura is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ren's whose ESP is borderline precog

There's only been one vote for Yoda and its mostly innacurate

That's just presence detection / enhanced senses. That's still far from boarderline Precog. That's like me saying Whitebeard can see minutes into the future just because Katakuri can. Weekly that's a completely baseless assumption to say that Ozpin has anything remotely close to precog.

According to the profile, Yoda's combat speeds and reactions are augmented by precognition (At least comparable to Mace Windu, who was able to block Force Lightning from Darth Sidious at close range)

WeeklyBattles said:
Also does Canon Yoda even have combat applicable precog? Or is it just battle meditation?
Even fodder Jedi starting out there training have combat precog in canon. In the canon novel Weapon of a Jedi, Luke (this was just after A New Hope) trains with those Markasman-H droids and can feel where the blaster bolts are about to go. In the novel Lords of the Sith, Darth Vader's precog tells him where and when this one light freighter he is fighting against is about to fire its laser cannons.

Battle Meditation? That is Legends only.

Actually, that feel the attack coming thing sounds awfully similar to how aura enhances senses. It was Monty's in canon answer to how characters can react to attacks they couldn't possibly see from behind them, I'm not saying it's pre-cog, but it does help them know the attack is coming.

The Force literally gives the future.

"[Anakin] could see what no one else could, what was hidden from all others. He reacted without thinking, responding to a voice that spoke to him alone, that whispered always of the future while warding him in the present..."

-Young Anakin Skywalker, within the hangar bay of the Droid Control Ship above Naboo, hears whispers from the Force moments before he launches the N-1 starfighter torpedoes that destroy it.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Precognition

Yoda FRA (Specifically Firestorms reasoning)

I could maybe change my vote, but I think he summed it up well. Yoda just has more advantages imo.

(Damn Ozpin cant get a break, first sanji, now yoda.)

Isn't Star Wars going through an AP revision as we speak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back