• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yoda vs Rey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized how much like a bad fanfic this matchup is.

On one side, you've got Yoda. A Jedi Master who has 100's of years worth of experience, powerful in the Force, has trained numerous successful Knights and Masters and imparted wisdom to generations. A being who, despite the flaws of his order, stood for everything that was good in the Galaxy and proved his dedication to fight evil, darkness and corruption over and over again. Not only through fighting but also through his compassion.

On the other side, you've got Rey I-Can't-Get-My-Own-Last-Name Skywalker. A person who somehow picked up techniques of the Force despite having no proper training by tapping into some Kylo Ren's memories. A person who then gets some half-assed lessons for a few days and then can take on the Elite Guard of the percieved big bad. Later, gets empowered by Deus Ex Machina to defeat Sidious.

This matchup is the epitome of what is wrong with Star Wars right about know. You know, people accuse Luke of being a Mary Sue/Gary Stu in original trilogy but then you realize that he's not. He spent the Empire Strikes basically get his butt kicked and shown how lacking he was which culminates in Vader trashing him and cutting off his hand. Even once Luke eats the humble pie and finishes his training with Yoda, it's not him who kills Sidious but Vader. Rey? Rey has no true setbacks, she just gets stronger and stronger.

Sorry for the rant, I just had to get that out.

Is there any evidence of Force ghosts being as powerful as when they lived? On top of that the Jedi who powered Rey gave her who knows how much of their power, not all of it each.

I mean, there isn't really the need for that proof. We aren't stacking every Jedi's AP into her, obviously, else she'd at least reach High 6-C.

However, is there any proof Yoda is equal to the Palpatine that one shot a whole galactic fleet of 6-C ships? This was the Palps that got amped by two force users' power that through some contrived diad way, are beyond anything Luke ever felt.

I'm going to be entirely honest. When I say that Yoda shouldn't even be 6C and neither should Palpatine before he absorbed Rey and Kylo as he explicitly states that he was all the Sith in that instance

The Wright Way said:
Clears throat

Rey was a good character before the Rise of Skywalker

That is all.
Jugs down my green milk.

She was bland at best, Muh-rey sue at worst. Those triple kills, beating a trained force user, and the kind of méh personality didn't do wonders for her.

She wasn't downright horrible, but she had few real positives and many little flaws that really made her a not really likable character.

The Wright Way said:
Rey was a good character before the Rise of Skywalker
Which is just makes how this all turned out worse. The biggest disservice wasn't done to us. It was done to Rey's character. She had potential and it was twisted in a horrific parody of development.

This is redundant yeah

Also, just saying, feel like once the move is over I should make a CRT regarding Sidious and Rey

Jugs down my green milk.

She was bland at best, Muh-rey sue at worst. Those triple kills, beating a trained force user, and the kind of méh personality didn't do wonders for her.

She wasn't downright horrible, but she had few real positives and many little flaws that really made her a not really likable character.

I mean, she had a lot of potential. Remember when she first mind tricked a stormtrooper. It didn't work at first and he expression when it did conveyed a lot. The legends she grew up on were true, she knew as much in that moment.

As for the first Ren fight, I'll defend it until they day I die. Ren was injured and emotionally conflicted. I completely buy that he wouldn't be fight at his peak and even then, he still dominated most of the fight.

Camilopezo said:
Rey's feat doesn't seem all that impressive to me, considering Mace Windu did the same.
Mace was being overwhelmed and Sidious was pretending to be weak fir Anakin's sake. Rey flat out killed him with his own lightning.

Kylo even defeated Rey in their last fight and Rey had to be saved by Leia.

Rey defeating a weakened Kylo isn't a feat, and there's a reason we don't scale her to Kylo in Force Awakens

yoda stomps i know star wars

yoda has far superior lightsaber skills and experience rey has maybe all the Jedi but every Jedi was below yoda yoda is also much stronger in the force this is just my opinion to but I love rey she is awesome but yoda takes this

PandimensionalBeing042 said:

yoda has far superior lightsaber skills and experience rey has maybe all the Jedi but every Jedi was below yoda yoda is also much stronger in the force this is just my opinion to but I love rey she is awesome but yoda takes this
All the Jedi includes Yoda. Plus, Rey beat someone Yoda scales backwards from.

Eh, "potential" doesn't really matter when I got nothing. The most we got were moments like her seeing rain, which is precious little. First movie left her a blank slate, second made her overly competent, third is just a general cluster ****.

Yes, it had the potential to be better. But Jimmy Neutron also had potential for giving use some really fun episodes, and all I got out of that show was Carl's ass becoming pregnant.

Plus, stuff like her being amazed by the "legend" and "stories" of the Jedi just rubs me the wrong way. There were Jedi around less then a century ago, and then they were supposedly reinstated as a thing again for a few years after the empire.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Yes, it had the potential to be better. But Jimmy Neutron also had potential for giving use some really fun episodes, and all I got out of that show was Carl's ass becoming pregnant.
That moment when you realize that your childhood was weird and the only reason you don't remember is because you repressed the memories...

That said, I do agree with everything else. The main reason I feel like Rey is a Mary Sue is because nothing feels earned. It all just feels convient so that she be the greatest thing in the Galaxy.

The Wright Way said:
PandimensionalBeing042 said:

and who did rey beat who scales backwards yoda then

and who did rey beat who scales backwards yoda then

...Palpatine. Literally the only person she fought.

The Wright Way said:
and who did rey beat who scales backwards yoda then ...Palpatine. Literally the only person she fought.
okay I debate on this later I go sleeping

Mace was being overwhelmed and Sidious was pretending to be weak fir Anakin's sake. Rey flat out killed him with his own lightning.

Nope, it was confirmed Sidious played the façade AFTER he lost. And no he wasn't using the text Windu was caught off guard.

Nope, it was confirmed Sidious played the façade AFTER he lost. And no he wasn't using the text Windu was caught off guard.

You mean... when he was shooting lightning at him? Which is what I was talking about? "I can't hold it any longer. I'm to weak." If you only mean after that, then I'll need some proof. And, no, the novelizations don't count, those are Legends material.

Windu was screaming at the top of his lungs in exertion trying to hold back the lightning. That doesn't say "caught off guard" as much as it does "holy shit, this guy's strong".

It does from the same source you're using...Sidious wasn't pretending to be weak in the movies.

And you seen it, he had unleashed it at random and Mace didn't see the ability used by Sidious before so it's likley he was caught off guard.

Grimreaperofjustice said:
It does from the same source you're using...Sidious wasn't pretending to be weak in the movies.

And you seen it, he had unleashed it at random and Mace didn't see the ability used by Sidious before so it's likley he was caught off guard.
1. Watch the scene again. He blatantly was. I even quoted him directly as he was firing lightning. "I can't hold him any longer. I'm too weak."

2. Dooku used lightning literally all the time. I find the notion that Mace Windu didn't know force lightning existed and could be used a by a Sith laughable, especially as he's facing down the most powerful Sith in history.

Also, you're missing the main point. The lightning that Rey reflected incinerated Palpatine. Mace's didn't. Rey is superior no matter how you slice it.

1.) Who? Because I didn't say Palpatine didn't say that but Windu for sure didn't.

2.) Re-read what I said I didn't even say MW wasn't aware of Force lightning, he was going against someone he didn't see use it. and on top of that that's implying all Sith can use FL... Which isn't true.

3.) If Palpatine kept that FL much longer he would've got incinerated his Bones were melted to disfigure him like that. And I am not saying Rey isn't > MW in terms of force either.

smh you're missing the point I'm saying stupid superior dueling skills and relative Force abilities is what gives Yoda the win.

1. Palpatine. I quoted him word for word. Watch the scene again.

2. Palpatine's apprentice used Force Lightning. Therefore, Windu could easily deduce that Palpatine could use Force Lightning. Meaning he'd know to be prepared for it.

3. Rey's lightning incinerated him instantly. Mace reflected his for a solid 30 seconds and only mildly disfigured him.

4. Only it doesn't. Because she defeated someone he scales backwards from, even in spite of the skill gap.

I'm going to end this debate with this.

Yoda took the full force of Sidious' lightning briefly and then got flung back and knocked out of the battle. Rey toom Sidious' full power, reflected it back, abd vaporized him instantly.

Yoda can't close that gap. Period.

LoL so Yoda's size disadvantage was obvious as they were both blown back. And Yoda was also in a area disadvantage as he was closer to the edge. And it's likley Sidious wasn't holding back seeing he wasn't holding back on Windu.

You forget rey died while using Lightsabers not the Force and it's likley Lighstabers can deflect FL via preponderounce of evidence.

SO yes, there is a way to close that gap. That didn't prove anything, and it wasn't instantaneous, don't know where you got that from.

The Wright Way said:
1. Palpatine. I quoted him word for word. Watch the scene again.
2. Palpatine's apprentice used Force Lightning. Therefore, Windu could easily deduce that Palpatine could use Force Lightning. Meaning he'd know to be prepared for it.

3. Rey's lightning incinerated him instantly. Mace reflected his for a solid 30 seconds and only mildly disfigured him.

4. Only it doesn't. Because she defeated someone he scales backwards from, even in spite of the skill gap.
1.) OK I said that, I thought you were reffering to Windu. but what's the relavancy

2.) Maul was Sidious' apprentice. Ventress was Dookus. Opress was Maul and Ventres. So no it wouldn't be easily deductable as you wouldn't know who has it.

3.) Where are you getting "Instantly." from? and mild? Search up a before and after please.

4.) ONly it does Yoda isn't inferior to Sidious, and the skill gap IS FARRR LARGER than the Force gap, they quite literally have them in the same teir for a reason.

And to address the whole "Rey nearly died" thing, she was dying before she began channeling all the Jedi already. It wasn't from the exertion of the feat or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back