• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu Gi Oh master duels canonicity?

They're canon, but it doesn't mean much for Yu-Gi-Oh scaling as a whole. It's mostly lukewarm feats for archetypes without much relevance so far. Other than World Legacy stuff, but they already have an established broader storyline with existing scaling.

They're canon, but it doesn't mean much for Yu-Gi-Oh scaling as a whole. It's mostly lukewarm feats for archetypes without much relevance so far. Other than World Legacy stuff, but they already have an established broader storyline with existing scaling.
They are pretty summarized in Master Duel right? Is there a place to read the stories in detail? I've been looking forever for the Branded storyline but the best I've found are youtube recaps.

They are pretty summarized in Master Duel right? Is there a place to read the stories in detail? I've been looking forever for the Branded storyline but the best I've found are youtube recaps.
Yeah, Master Duel does mostly light touches on the subjects for most archetypes. For something like World Legacy or Duel Terminal, you can find that stuff written in guides, which are translated on the Yugioh wiki. The OCG stories manga also tries to do what MD does, but it's a full manga with a lot of room to flesh out storylines. Unfortunately, this means that each archetype takes a while to get through, so we're still on the 1st story, Sky Strikers. Branded is a whole mess to follow since I believe the storyline is mostly pieced together via card artwork. I don't think there are any guides or anything that actually outline its current story.

Honestly Yu-Gi-Oh lore would make the likes of FNAF and Star Wars blush, still funny that the very first lore dump in Master Duel solo mode (The Monarchs) had one of the most blatant examples of Abstract Existence and Conceptual Manipulation I've seen in a videogame.

Honestly Yu-Gi-Oh lore would make the likes of FNAF and Star Wars blush, still funny that the very first lore dump in Master Duel solo mode (The Monarchs) had one of the most blatant examples of Abstract Existence and Conceptual Manipulation I've seen in a videogame.
Honestly, the story is shallow enough that there's no reason to assume that those statements are literal.

Yeah, Master Duel does mostly light touches on the subjects for most archetypes. For something like World Legacy or Duel Terminal, you can find that stuff written in guides, which are translated on the Yugioh wiki. The OCG stories manga also tries to do what MD does, but it's a full manga with a lot of room to flesh out storylines. Unfortunately, this means that each archetype takes a while to get through, so we're still on the 1st story, Sky Strikers. Branded is a whole mess to follow since I believe the storyline is mostly pieced together via card artwork. I don't think there are any guides or anything that actually outline its current story.
Yeah, I got that feeling with some archetypes in Master Duel. Essentially the campaign was like: "these are the X, they do Y and its members are Z, k bye". World Legacy is faring better with a multi parter chapter with many scenarios (and boy it's good). I do recall the guide translations in the wiki but assumed they were summaries similar to what they do for the anime episodes, so it's the best choice.

The manga seems pretty solid and the artworks is pretty good as well, the issue is that it's monthly and given the sheer amount of stuff that happens in the storylines that mix up several archetypes it really seems the slow pacing will be an issue (though I do hope they don't skip stuff).

That would explain why I haven't had luck with Branded. Dangit, it really seems like an absolute blast given the sheer chaotic amount of stuff it happens and just how many archetypes its mixing in the plot. Maybe when it's finished it will get a guide like World Legacy?

That would explain why I haven't had luck with Branded. Dangit, it really seems like an absolute blast given the sheer chaotic amount of stuff it happens and just how many archetypes its mixing in the plot. Maybe when it's finished it will get a guide like World Legacy?
I would hope so. It's also possible that they make it an arc in the OCG manga I suppose (It would literally take forever to adapt though, lol). I assume they intend to focus on the more popular archetypes.

I would hope so. It's also possible that they make it an arc in the OCG manga I suppose (It would literally take forever to adapt though, lol). I assume they intend to focus on the more popular archetypes.
My guess is World Legacy is one of the good candidates. Spyral maybe the other? What other archetypes have popular plots?

Back