• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Pyramid of Light. Feats and other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so. I took my time to watch the movie again, and i found some interesting feats that should be added sooner or later to Yugi´s and Kaiba´s Profiles.

First.

Imagen1
Anubis Awakens

Imagen2
In the introduction of the Movie, as Anubis was awakening, he tore an entire mountain apart (City would be lowest possible end for it.)

Second.

Imagen4
Anubis´s Goal was to "destroy the world", his vision into the future shows multiple duel monsters monsters destroying cities and the army. (Not that big of a feat, since he wanted to rule over the world instead of destroying it.)
Imagen6
The important point is, those are monsters, they do not show us what the Pyramid of Light can actually do.

And considering the frist point, it would be foolish to claim Awakened Anubis´s AP to be anything less than Mountain Level.

Third.

Imagen7
"5000 years ago, i failed to...

Imagen8
Anubis´s Dialogue make reference to him managing to fight the Pharaoh 5000 years ago, where he used his two main sphenixes (Don´t know how to spell that xD). This would give Season 5 Yugi the ability to sumon real monsters back in Egypt.

Fourth

Imagen9
Imagen10
In the final moments of Yugi´s duel with Anubis, Yugi orders his God Cards to fuse for Ultimate Power, which cause a volcanic Erruption in the stadium well before he actually summoned them.

Being infinite, Obelisk oblierated Anubis´s Thinian Sphenix who was equiped with the power of the souls damned set free.

Fifth.

Imagen11
Yugi and Kaiba react to Monster Anubis´s Attack (chronometrated it to 2 seconds before it struck), so, their base reaction speeds should be revised.

Sixth.-

Imagen12
Imagen14
Two Winged Dragons of RA?!

Imagen13
Monster anubis uses MAGIC CARDS to destroy Yugi´s monsters in real life.

Of course, those two cards follow their Duel Monsters descriptions and rules.

Both Fallout and Inferno Tampest were used instantly.

Seventh-

Joey and Pegasus are able to use their monsters in real life , even if they were not involved in the duel between Yugi and Anubis/Kaiba.
Imagen16
Imagen15

Imagen20
Pegasus did summon his Toon Monsters to hold the big
Imagen21
concrete wall.
"Hah! I got you, that means they are wall level!"

Sorry to dissapoint, but you miss a great detail, Pegasus did not use Toon World before using the two monsters, making them unable to be on the "duel" because of it.

We cannot say they only were wall level since they did not have the right conditions to exist in the frist place.

Eighth-

Imagen22
Introduction of the movie, they show Duel City´s Finale.

Two additional facts to put this into contex.
This movie takes place after Season 3, making everything that happened in both Season 4 and Season 5 canon.

"Bu-But...That was Anubis´s doi-doing...!"

Wrong.

Rememer Pegasus and Joey? There was no reason people outside of the duel would be given real power, Anubis would have no reason to even GIVE them power to fight him, this was all on their own.

Imagen23
This is PRE-Season 1 Yugi, mind you.

And, Yugi on his own controled and vanished all of these dark monsters to the Darkness inside of his puzzle, so, even without cards, Yugi is not that big of a pushover.

Finale-

I rest my case.
Imagen24
This movie proves that Duel Monster´s Monsters and Magic Cards CAN be used on the real world using their Duel Monster functions. (As evidenced before with Joey and Pegasus summoning monsters AND Anubis activating Magic Cards.)

I will leave two cards face down and end my turn.

RouninOtaku said:
I just read the last sentence and I just realized this thread is gonna be a duel to add in feats.
Indeed it is.

It changes at lot since this makes Orichalcos and Season 5 REAL.

"Though designed by Kazuki Takahashi himself, the character is mentioned nowhere else in canon; despite his supposed prominence in the Pharaoh's past, he does not appear during the "Dawn of the Duel" arc"-Yugioh wikia

Add the fact that Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon isn't used post movie if it were fitted in the timeline and well, its spells out non-canon.

Not to mention the real life feats contradict the entire fact that they're holograms...

>Using wikias.

Blue Eyes Shining Dragon not being used or Anubis not being shown doesnt change the fact that this movie isnt canon, it´s just a continuity mistake.

The real life threads (Pegasus and Joey´s) do imply they are able to summon their monsters naturally.

It´s not like Anubis gave them the ability to do it.

Why would he?

Mikoto Misaka231 said:
>Using wikias.
Blue Eyes Shining Dragon not being used or Anubis not being shown doesnt change the fact that this movie isnt canon, it´s just a continuity mistake.

The real life threads (Pegasus and Joey´s) do imply they are able to summon their monsters naturally.

It´s not like Anubis gave them the ability to do it.

Why would he?
>You're on a wikia

Or, its more likely non-canon, heck I think LordAizenSama already stated its non-canon...

LordAizenSama is going everything he can to avoid Yugioh from getting any hax nor any higher than probably 5-B.

He also deleted the thread of Yugioh revisions even when i told him i was gonna watch the movie for feats.

>Oh.

Well, it is still fueled by fans, you know?

We don´t have any official ground saying this movie should NOT be canon, it does not contradict anything in the Yu-Gi-Oh continuity.

Like Dragon Ball´s new movies and Super. Super adds more details, but Toriyama hasnt said anything about Ginyu´s return or Gotenks being there being canon, since he only directed the MOVIES. (Fun Fact, St. Seiya Omega´s Director is the one behind the whell right now.)

Why shouldn´t this increase Yugi´s reaction times and being able to use cards in real life?

Season 5 just makes Yugi a weakspot.

"X character just goes over Yugi and punches him to death"

Boom, debate over.

They do not even take all the other God Cards in there.

Mikoto Misaka231 said:
LordAizenSama is going everything he can to avoid Yugioh from getting any hax nor any higher than probably 5-B.
He also deleted the thread of Yugioh revisions even when i told him i was gonna watch the movie for feats.

Hmmm, you'll have to bring that up to him.

>Oh.

lol

We don´t have any official ground saying this movie should NOT be canon, it does not contradict anything in the Yu-Gi-Oh continuity.

Did you not just see what I said about Anubis not occuring afterwords, also isn't that a logic fallacy, using a "but nothing counters it" logic? (Oh and the evidence I gave you back then counters it) (Also the egyptian over lord of death is Osrsis, not exactly a continuity error just wanted to point out they kinda messed up with the names lol)

Like Dragon Ball´s new movies and Super. Super adds more details, but Toriyama hasnt said anything about Ginyu´s return or Gotenks being there being canon, since he only directed the MOVIES. (Fun Fact, St. Seiya Omega´s Director is the one behind the whell right now.)

Probelm is that the abscence brings some hefty contradictions with the final seaso

Saint Seyia Omega's director? Cool

Why shouldn´t this increase Yugi´s reaction times and being able to use cards in real life?

Sometimes a series just does that, look at Madoka's speed thanks to Rebellion for example.

Also your analogy is kinda true in a lot of battles

Boom, debate over.

I guess you can count it as a weakness?

Toriyama said Super is the official canon continuation of the manga. It is a completely different situation from this movie, and as Data has pointed out, there are contradictions. Besides, we cannot arbitrarily assume that something is canon even if it had no major contradictions.

Toriyama said Super is the official canon continuation of the manga.

Duel Monsters Manga aproves that Orichalcos´s introduction has real life monsters messing with Domino City.

Know that i think of it, i HAVE to make a Season 0 page someday.

It is a completely different situation from this movie, and as Data has pointed out, there are contradictions. Besides, we cannot arbitrarily assume that something is canon even if it had no major contradictions.

The only difference is that Anubis does not appear on the Dawn of Duel Arc, which was pretty much the Pharaoh´s last fight against Zorc. Anubis COULD have appeared before.

Yes, i know we cannot just accept anything as canon even if it has no contradictions, but that did not limit us to avoid putting a "Duel Monsters/Pyramid of Light" Yugi somewhere either.

(Ex. Dragon Ball GT Cast, Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan, Scaling Mario RPG Mario with the Final Fantasy IV boss, Composite Link and Overtune Seiya)

Mikoto Misaka231 wrote: LordAizenSama is going everything he can to avoid Yugioh from getting any hax nor any higher than probably 5-B.

Hmmm, you'll have to bring that up to him.

(Last time i did, i almost got banned from the wikia, so i prefer to have this accepted by the other admins.)

>Oh.

lol

(>Gomen nasai...)

Did you not just see what I said about Anubis not occuring afterwords, also isn't that a logic fallacy, using a "but nothing counters it" logic? (Oh and the evidence I gave you back then counters it) (Also the egyptian over lord of death is Osrsis, not exactly a continuity error just wanted to point out they kinda messed up with the names lol)

(They did mess up the names on the 4KIDS version since they put Osiris as Slifer.

I am sure they do not make the same mistake on the Japanese dub, but i have no access to it. (The Scans come from the Movie DVD i bought YEARS ago.) )

Probelm is that the abscence brings some hefty contradictions with the final seaso

Saint Seyia Omega's director? Cool

(Well, it would matter since we are considering the anime as canon for our Goku page, why not at least have a separate tab for Pyramid of Light/Duel Monsters Yugi?)

Sometimes a series just does that, look at Madoka's speed thanks to Rebellion for example.

Also your analogy is kinda true in a lot of battles

(Yeah, you could say that.)

Boom, debate over.

I guess you can count it as a weakness?

(Yes, since you cannot really attack Yugi directly in duel monsters rules.)

The God Cards would have to take the hit for Yugi.

(>Gomen nasai...)

idk what that means

(Well, it would matter since we are considering the anime as canon for our Goku page, why not at least have a separate tab for Pyramid of Light/Duel Monsters Yugi?)

Yes, but your probelm would be that since Season 5 would not be part of that continuity for the Pyramid of Light, and Duel Monsters Yugi, your pages would be rather lackluster, not to mention filled with game mechanics.

Except that the battle would run in generalized rules, which means he can still be killed.

(>Gomen nasai...)

idk what that means

/I´m sorry on a cute-japanese way/

Yes, but your probelm would be that since Season 5 would not be part of that continuity for the Pyramid of Light, and Duel Monsters Yugi, your pages would be rather lackluster, not to mention filled with game mechanics.

/Well, that didn´t stop Anubis from using Magic Cards to mess up with Yugi, didn´t it? On the VERY, VERY Least, have Yugi only use Magic Cards.

Game Mechanics are a thing in some pages where those game mechanics are referenced or at least canonized on the series´s plot.

For Example, Breavely Second, Nonoha magica and Undertale.

Except that the battle would run in generalized rules, which means he can still be killed.

/So, if i especify that the God cards would automatically cover Yugi from an attack, would it count? I mean, that´s what they would do./

Mikoto Misaka231 said:

Lol

/Well, that didn´t stop Anubis from using Magic Cards to mess up with Yugi, didn´t it? On the VERY, VERY Least, have Yugi only use Magic Cards.

Wait, can you point to when Anubis used magic cards after the monster became real?

Game Mechanics are a thing in some pages where those game mechanics are referenced or at least canonized on the series´s plot.

When they're actually part of the plot they become more than just game mechanics. However, if the series also regards game mechanics as simply game mechanics, then they should be treated as such

/So, if i especify that the God cards would automatically cover Yugi from an attack, would it count? I mean, that´s what they would do./

Yeah I guess you can do that. However, that too, can be considered a weakness (Overprotection of Yugi)

Lol

[Onii-chaaaaan...!]

Wait, can you point to when Anubis used magic cards after the monster became real?

Imagen12
Imagen13
There you go.

When they're actually part of the plot they become more than just game mechanics. However, if the series also regards game mechanics as simply game mechanics, then they should be treated as such

[In Season 4, the orichalcos guys summon real monsters, the Infinity serpent is also canon. Bond Beyond Time and GX shows Jaden Yuki having real life powers.]

Yeah I guess you can do that. However, that too, can be considered a weakness (Overprotection of Yugi)

[Yeah, yeah. Since the instant i say Yugi would activate a Trap card or Magic Card, someone would complain on the massive hax Yugi would have against Characters that don´t resist mind control]

Mikoto Misaka231 said:
[Onii-chaaaaan...!]

Nei

So for the Yugioh movie spells exist? #GetReadyForToonWorld

[In Season 4, the orichalcos guys summon real monsters, the Infinity serpent is also canon. Bond Beyond Time and GX shows Jaden Yuki having real life powers.]

Didn't Jaden have some special power tho? Also season 4 is still filler...

[Yeah, yeah. Since the instant i say Yugi would activate a Trap card or Magic Card, someone would complain on the massive hax Yugi would have against Characters that don´t resist mind control]

I'm not sure people are allowed to complain about that? Unless of course you say its instanteous or Yugi's speed is above Human

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back