• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yujiro fights a Sea Monster (10/1/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the creatures are too dumb to feel fear
Tbf he didn't use that against the giant elephant he fought (and Sea Dragons don't appear to be on the same level as elephants intelligence-wise). Given that the Sea Dragon is 1/3 inorganic materials and Mesmers are a thing, I don't think Yujiro would do much to intimidate it, and given his personality he'd rather enjoy wrestling down this giant kraken.

Yujiro's at a bit of a disadvantage in deep water and is going to need to come back for air eventually, while the Sea Dragon can keep on spamming its fireballs and remain in the deeper parts of the Dunes (up to 500 m), where Yujiro's smaller size won't be an issue given their equalized speeds. If given the opportunity, the Sea Dragon could potentially overpower and drag Yujiro down into the Lava Zone to cook him alive, and it may take a while but Yujiro likely cannot overpower the arms of something that regularly hunts predators twice the length of a blue whale with implied ease.

The Sea Dragon is perfectly suited for the environment and all of its abilities work perfectly well against its smaller opponent, while Yujiro lacks size, strength, isn't adapted to deep water and all of his skills are rather uneffective if not useless against something like a Sea Dragon. We know Sea Dragons can charge with their heads, so I guess Yujiro could use Shaori to repurpose the energy behind the charge against the Sea Dragon, but that'd probably be far less effective underwater and iirc he needs some extra space to use it, space he doesn't get if he's getting charged by a head bigger than a van.

He can potentially negate the pain of a strike, but that leaves him vulnerable to greater attacks, and in-game Sea Dragons (once they spot Ryley) continue to attack for a while, so this one wouldn't be surprised, caught off-guard or stop hitting him with their claws or jaws (which is something Baki could've done in the story but didn't out of shock). More often than not, I see the Sea Dragon gobbling up Yujiro.

I vote yujiro, bro grows crazily during a fight, and can see the outcome of a fight just by looking at the person's stance, and can buff himself. He could also reflect the sea dragon's attacks.

I vote yujiro, bro grows crazily during a fight, and can see the outcome of a fight just by looking at the person's stance, and can buff himself. He could also reflect the sea dragon's attacks.
I mean, tbf Yujiro improves through training after fights, he doesn't improve mid-battle, that's not something he's ever done, like against Doppo, Kaku or Musashi. So he'd remain within that level here.

I don't think seeing the outcome of a fight based on a fighter's stance would work here given that... well, the Sea Dragon doesn't have a stance xD

And as noted in my previous post, redirecting the energy in the Sea Dragon's charges might not work too well. Unless you mean reflecting the Sea Dragon's fireballs which I don't see Yujiro doing, since he's never done anything like that before and Shaori only applies to physical attacks (as far as we know anyway).

I will say, perhaps as to give Yujiro a bit more of a chance... while also showing how it could potentially go down: Depending on where they're duking it out in the Dunes biome, they shouldn't be too far from the floating island. Granted, even if we just assume Yujiro can see it with all the clouds surrounding it (and normally you can't unless you're a few dozen meters away from it in-game) and that he can even outpace the Sea Dragon (with equalized speeds, he shouldn't be able to), let's assume that he does, or even better, he knows where the island already is.

If Yujiro has familiarized himself with the environment and taunted a Sea Dragon after killing a Reaper it was hunting, he could try to lure it into land, maybe as a way to asphyxiate it (we don't know if that can happen to the Sea Dragon but it can happen to other fish according to the PDA so let's assume it can happen). Issues arise when you consider that, as brutish as the Sea Dragons might be, they aren't going to beach themselves, there isn't enough space in the island for it to do that and the Sea Dragon can potentially target incidentally or intentionally the Ancient Floaters keeping the island afloat, killing them and leading to the island sinking and Yujiro ending up in the ocean at the Sea Dragon's mercy once again.

But I assume that they aren't allowed to leave the Dunes, otherwise I figure Yujiro might be crafty enough to try to lose the Sea Dragon in shallower waters (again, if he manages to outpace a creature just as fast and more adapted to the sea than him) or go to the Aurora for equipment, which he probably wouldn't be able to use since he's a Vietnam vet unfamiliar with late 22nd century tech. He's obviously smarter and more tactical than the Sea Dragon, but that's all kinda useless here...

I'm trying to think of ways for Yujiro to get something of an edge in this battle and I kinda can't.

Last edited:
Does Yujiro still have his instinct reactions? It'd make him take the fish more seriously I guess, as it stands I'll vote the fish fra

Does Yujiro still have his instinct reactions? It'd make him take the fish more seriously I guess, as it stands I'll vote the fish fra
He does still have instinctive reactions, though I'm not sure how much that'll help here.

I just remembered that Yujiro can increase his stats (AP, Speed, LS, Stamina, etc) by over two-fold with Demon Back, so how would that affect the fight?

Yujiro is also capable of amping his speed and reflexes even further with Death Concentration

Last edited:
I just remembered that Yujiro can increase his stats (AP, Speed, LS, Stamina, etc) by over two-fold with Demon Back, so how would that affect the fight?

Yujiro is also capable of amping his speed and reflexes even further with Death Concentration
That could definitely make the fight fairer though I'm not sure if the increase is significant enough, at least from those techniques. I didn't take the Demon Back into account originally since OP doesn't mention it.

If it doesn't take into account travel speed... then if Yujiro can go at a little over 20 km/h (I figure that's what the clip above might be implying since he's moving faster than the water current), the Sea Dragon far exceeds that since it can move faster than Reapers and thus Seamoths which go at (at the very least) 57.27 kilometers per hour. So escaping the Sea Dragon likely isn't an option.

If it doesn't take into account travel speed... then if Yujiro can go at a little over 20 km/h (I figure that's what the clip above might be implying since he's moving faster than the water current), the Sea Dragon far exceeds that since it can move faster than Reapers and thus Seamoths which go at (at the very least) 57.27 kilometers per hour. So escaping the Sea Dragon likely isn't an option.
Yeah, that's what I was getting at above

Mean unless Yujiro gets a head start he's not getting away from the thing

Predictions:

Ghost is a fair fight
Ice Worm is more complex
Emperor crushes
Gargantuan crushes
Ancient crushes
Frozen crushes
Prawn Suit Ryley crushes
Emperor doesn't fight

Garg/Ancient/Frozen we don't even have a good idea on their activity

Why TF would I use the suit Yujiro would just pick up and MCU Hulk?

SBA I think.

Agree, it was a hypothetical.

Propulsion Cannon, Gas Torpedo, Vortex Torpedo, Drill Arm.
Okay then it's dying, same diff.

Okay.

Prop cannon doesn't work, Gas and Vortex Torps is only if Yujiro doesn't abuse his faster swimming, and Drill arm unironically deals over 2x less damage a second then the normal arm in-game. And still gets grabbed and yeeted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back