• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yukari Yakumo VS Asriel Dreemurr (True Power)

So... What are Asriel's wincons here? And what prevents Yukari from ending the fight with conceptual erasure, incapacitating with sleep manip or fear manip, or just straight up nullifying anything Asriel does? Does Asriel even have anything that could bypass low-godly regen?

Asriel would just start with soul spam.

But before he can do much Yukari just lolbounds him and/or get BFR'd to Gensokyo while his information is lost.

oh so NOW you think Gensokyo lacks information >:V

Jokes aside I don't even necessarily think soul spam is much of an option, Yukari was totally fine after Tenshi's mass soul absorption in SWR, and can tank dream souls without much issue. Not too sure about how Undertale soulhax work, but I doubt they'd work in this instance.

Oh and Yukari just now got power modification added so uhhhhh

Now she can just alter Asriel's abilities to be non-lethal or completely useless, so add that on top of her current wincons :v

While I don't plan to vote here or anything, if I recall, Asriel has passive paralyzation. As in the enemy passively freezes up in his presence.

His profile seems to indicate that it only applies when he's going all out ("passive Paralysis Inducement When using their true power"),, and while Yukari isn't exactly the type to end a fight quickly, her ESP and precog would be more than enough opportunity to realize what's going on beforehand and counterattack. So unless Asriel starts at his peak immediately (which I'm not sure if he would), Yukari still wins.

It's nothing too complicated. Upon transforming, the Frisk was instantly rendered paralyzed. That's about it. His presence passively causes paralysis based on what I remember (and from what I recall from skimming his profile).

His profile seems to indicate that it only applies when he's going all out ("passive Paralysis Inducement When using their true power"),, and while Yukari isn't exactly the type to end a fight quickly, her ESP and precog would be more than enough opportunity to realize what's going on beforehand and counterattack. So unless Asriel starts at his peak immediately (which I'm not sure if he would), Yukari still wins.
I think by default we assume that a character is at their strongest if not explicitly specified. The ability wasn't active immediately in his initial Low 2-C form, but upon transforming again, it was immediately passive. Unless the OP specifies if he starts off in his weaker Low 2-C form then we assume he's at his strongest Low 2-C state. At least from what I heard in previous threads. (If I recall, Asriel was also holding back for specific reasons, though it's been years since I visited the game, so we'd need to contact an Undertale fan for that as I'm not sure)

Does he start in his Angel form OP, or just his initial Low 2-C form?

Hmmm... Well, if it does trigger right as the fight begins, then it could be an incon since Yukari's only option then seems to be telepathy, while Asriel just... can't kill Yukari. Granted, the paralysis doesn't seem to be permanent, so once Yukari breaks free it won't matter much. So it's an incon at best for Asriel, and a haxstomp for Yukari in all other circumstances.

Granted if a certain Touhou thread gets passed, Yukari would get passive fearhax that also obliterate the soul, emotions, subconscious, and stamina of the target, so it wouldn't matter anyways, but unfortunately Touhou threads take ******* ages to get passed around here

I think by default we assume that a character is at their strongest if not explicitly specified. The ability wasn't active immediately in his initial Low 2-C form, but upon transforming again, it was immediately passive. Unless the OP specifies if he starts off in his weaker Low 2-C form then we assume he's at his strongest Low 2-C state. At least from what I heard in previous threads. (If I recall, Asriel was also holding back for specific reasons, though it's been years since I visited the game, so we'd need to contact an Undertale fan for that as I'm not sure)

Does he start in his Angel form OP, or just his initial Low 2-C form?
Angel form

Granted if a certain Touhou thread gets passed, Yukari would get passive fearhax that also obliterate the soul, emotions, subconscious, and stamina of the target, so it wouldn't matter anyways, but unfortunately Touhou threads take ******* ages to get passed around here
Yeah but no one asked and it doesn't exist on the profile...yet
When using their true power
Read the title.
It's nothing too complicated. Upon transforming, the Frisk was instantly rendered paralyzed. That's about it. His presence passively causes paralysis based on what I remember (and from what I recall from skimming his profile).
Doesn't that sound like some kinda power difference? Like Frisk has never met a universal busting god. And considering Yukari is on if not higher than Asriel's power level, can we really assume it works on Yuka-san?

The paralysis only affects the physical body iirc, which would be useless as Youkai are noncorporeal entities, and Yukari herself can use the Boundary Manipulation without any physical movement. So that wouldn't really work at all.

Hmmm... Well, if it does trigger right as the fight begins, then it could be an incon since Yukari's only option then seems to be telepathy, while Asriel just... can't kill Yukari. Granted, the paralysis doesn't seem to be permanent, so once Yukari breaks free it won't matter much. So it's an incon at best for Asriel, and a haxstomp for Yukari in all other circumstances.

I figure the reason it becomes ineffective against Frisk is that they have a resistance to it. It didn't seem like an effect that slowly wore off or anything because Asriel's paralysis had some untold limitation that it only lasted an arbitrary amount of time. It was quite normal to overcome stuff through sheer determination due to how it was depicted in Undertale (Allowing them to survive beneath the minimum health to survive for example by going into the decimals).

Doesn't that sound like some kinda power difference? Like Frisk has never met a universal busting god. And considering Yukari is on if not higher than Asriel's power level, can we really assume it works on Yuka-san?
It's a hax, we assume it works unless a character has a resistance. Which based on what was said, with her abilities still working even if she's physically paralyzed isn't much of a detriment to her. It sounds like a decisive win for Yukari from what I'm seeing.

Back