• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yusuke Urameshi vs. Zaraki Kenpachi

Can this demon Hunter take on a Demon like Kenpachi?

Speed is equalized.
Animu Badoss
Yusuke is in his Three Kings Arc version.

Kenpachi starts in Bankai state.

Battle takes place in the outskirts of the soul society.

Both opponents start 20 meters away

Who wins and why?

Sp00p
Yusuke: 2 (TheC2, Josif1)
Kenpachi: 1 (Joseph619)

Inconclusive: 1 (WilliamShadow)

Well they start on 20 meters so, his range won't matter a lot since h can't just run away and shoot with speed equalised and in close combat I think Zaraki has the advantage since with a sharp blade it's easier to create grave wounds,but Yusuke has a nice regen which would help him heal if his hand or leg isn't cut off which is quite possible actually and on the other side Zaraki has huge stamina and even with grave injuries fights on the same lvl as before. So, after this I will just say I go with inconclusive.

I heard somewhere that lieutenant class Shinigami have fought for days before. And Kenpachi's endurance and stamina is probably the highest in Bleach. It's not like they'll fight for days anyway. Does Yusuke have something that ignores durability?

No he doesn't he is just a regular fighter.

And Kenpachi is not someone to go against when talking about stamina that dude is like more you hurt me,more I like you...

Are you referring to me? If so, I don't understand what you mean by your first statement. What I'm saying is that if it's true that lieutenant class Shinigami have fought for days, Kenpachi would be able to do the same.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Are you referring to me? If so, I don't understand what you mean by your first statement. What I'm saying is that if it's true that lieutenant class Shinigami have fought for days, Kenpachi would be able to do the same.
Show the manga chapter where it says that lieutenant Shinigami can fight for days or a reference from another credible source and then I will believe you.

That fighting for days is always only verse thing and is not a valid reason to say "this person" wins because he fought for days and the other only for an hour,because it depends on the battles and the fact it's only a verse thing.

Best example of it is the fact they fought for days against their equal off screen and than when you have battles on screen against their equal they fight like ten-twenty minutes. That has no logic and that days thing is just a hyperbole or a way to make things more interesting,of course it's counted in their stamina,but him fighting 4 days is not as impressive as Kenpachi fighting with grave, possibly deadly injuries.

WilliamShadow said:
That fighting for days is always only verse thing and is not a valid reason to say "this person" wins because he fought for days and the other only for an hour,because it depends on the battles and the fact it's only a verse thing.
I know that's not a completely valid reason considering all of Kenpachi's fights are not that long so it is hard to gauge.

I'm saying I heard it on the site. Look at how I phrased my statements and you'll understand. And I never said Kenpachi would win, not to mention saying he would win because of his stamina.

Burning Full Fingers said:
I'm saying I heard it on the site. Look at how I phrased my statements and you'll understand. And I never said Kenpachi would win, not to mention saying he would win because of his stamina.
No one said that you thought Kenpachi would win. No one even said that Kenpachi or Yusuke would win because of stamina.

And yes I will admit that what I said about you finding a manga reference to back up the stamina thing was a bit hasty on my part.

The only thing I said Yusuke has an advantage in so far is range.

I wasn't really trying to change your vote or anything cause yes he has greater range I just talked about stamina thing and I mentioned range won't help a lot because of the distance they start on. Anyway, let's just end it there.

WilliamShadow said:
I wasn't really trying to change your vote or anything cause yes he has greater range I just talked about stamina thing and I mentioned range won't help a lot because of the distance they start on. Anyway, let's just end it there.
Agreed! We end it there.

He does not have to use the spirit gun at the beginning of the fight. He just needs to use it whenever he is at a far enough range in which he has enough time to shoot.

Kenpachi does have an in close advantage but Yusuke might be able to close the distance by coat in his fists in spirit energy like he did against Sensui to increase the potency of his attacks.

Joseph619 said:
So should this be locked? Yusuke can't regenerate like Gremmy if he's cut in half
Yes, this thread should be closed. Yusuke cannot afford to get hit by Kenpachi's hits with such weak Regenerationn. His brawling like fighting style does not help at all either.

Not really, there is no need to assume that he will get hit that easily. Plus you should ask an admin before changing his profile like that... Because I am not sure that's actually space cutting...

WilliamShadow said:
Not really, there is no need to assume that he will get hit that easily. Plus you should ask an admin before changing his profile like that... Because I am not sure that's actually space cutting...
Bleach 578, page 8, 9, 10. Spatial cutting falls under durability negation according to durability negation page

http://www.mangareaders.online/bleach/578/8/

This is from Kenpachi's page before I edited anything, so yes the ability was missing

Shikai Special Ability: In its released state, Nozarashi possesses tremendous attack power, easily destroying a huge meteorite with a single attack. Its cutting power is also greatly enhanced, allowing Kenpachi to effortlessly cut through the bodies of his opponents and even through space itself.

What do I need to explain? The ability was already on his profile but not listed under power and ability section. I simply updated it for consistency. I didn't add anything new. It already said that his shikai special ability can cut through space even before I edited...

Joseph619 said:
What do I need to explain? The ability was already on his profile but not listed under power and ability section. I simply updated it for consistency. I didn't add anything new. It already said that his shikai special ability can cut through space even before I edited...
WilliamShadow is right you should ask an admin first. But from the looks of it- it seems like a space cut though.

But the question is would that work on a different space user or is Gremmy just the exception?

It should work on anybody. Gremmy BFR Kenpachi to outer space/another dimension and Kenpachi used spatial cutting to come back and slice gremmy at the same time. I am pretty sure Yusuke would've died if it happened to him

Bleach-4919391

Really, the spactial cutting should be put through content revision. I'm not going to comment on whether Zaraki actually has it or not but we shouldn't be changing profiles like that without having the community weigh in first.

Welp, haven't been counting votes but I do believe I know the current verdict

Kenpachi: Winner

Yusuke: Being murdered so hard that he dies a painful death of dying being murdered to death.

Meh, was the first vs. battle I set up. Rip me.

I do believe this can be considered a Stomp thread via hax abilities and should be closed.

Thanks for admin input. Because so far everyone was making this seem like a stomp thread so meh, I haven't tallied up votes, keep on talking. But just to clear up because I believe no one has specified who would win and why, just people assuming it was a Stomp thread at first because of Kenpachi's abilities. So rip me again for assuming it to be that way. I'm really good here. :p I just need more input and specific reasoning.

I always wondered why Kenpachi didn't have Durability Negation before. But it doesn't seem like it happens with every of his swings. Because nothing like that was noted in his fight with Gerard. But still, it's legit.

Okay, after looking at this again. I'm going to go with Yusuke.

As Burning pointed out, it's not like Kenpachi will be spamming dimensional slices everytime he attacks.

Going further, as Kenpachi is in Bankai, he doesn't have access to his typical fighting instincts or even his right mind as he devolves to a hyper-aggressive state. All he'll do is try to keep blindly attacking Yusuke. This is further hampered by the fact that Kenpachi risks hurting himself with every attack he makes due to just how powerful is Bankai is and the the fact his body can't handle all of it.

In Yusuke's corner, he has the range advantage overall with is Spirit and Demon guns and is quite clever in a fight. Yusuke also has the stamina advantage and can pace himself.

Basically, this comes down to the fact that Kenpachi is in a race against time to finish Yusuke before he takes too much damage from himself and Yusuke's attacks. This might be doable if Kenpachi was thinking clearly but, as I mentioned above, that is not happening.

Kenpachi might get a lucky space-cut off and kill Yusuke but I don't see that being as likely as Yusuke taking him out.

TheC2 said:
Okay, after looking at this again. I'm going to go with Yusuke.

As Burning pointed out, it's not like Kenpachi will be spamming dimensional slices everytime he attacks.

Going further, as Kenpachi is in Bankai, he doesn't have access to his typical fighting instincts or even his right mind as he devolves to a hyper-aggressive state. All he'll do is try to keep blindly attacking Yusuke. This is further hampered by the fact that Kenpachi risks hurting himself with every attack he makes due to just how powerful is Bankai is and the the fact his body can't handle all of it.

In Yusuke's corner, he has the range advantage overall with is Spirit and Demon guns and is quite clever in a fight. Yusuke also has the stamina advantage and can pace himself.

Basically, this comes down to the fact that Kenpachi is in a race against time to finish Yusuke before he takes too much damage from himself and Yusuke's attacks. This might be doable if Kenpachi was thinking clearly but, as I mentioned above, that is not happening.

Kenpachi might get a lucky space-cut off and kill Yusuke but I don't see that being as likely as Yusuke taking him out.

It depends where Yusuke is hit with the space-cut. If it's not a vital spot like then Yusuke should be fine.

The thing is though Kenpachi did the space-cut in shikai, so if we are using bankai kenpachi that makes it easier to do the space-cuts as a bankai multiplies your shikai's power by a certain number of times.

But you are right Yusuke does have a range advantage and he is very smart when handling his spirit and demon gun.

Back