• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Both characters have gone through significant changes since the first match, so let's see who wins this time.

Yuta Okkotsu Vs. Pochita​

• Fight Location: SBA
  • Battle Music
  • Shinjuku Showdown Arc Yuta will be used
  • Awakened Pochita will be used
  • Yuta is 1.72 Kilotons and Denji is 8.40 Kilotons
  • Starting Distance: 50 meters
  • Speed Equal
  • Both in character
  • Win via Death
Vs.

Yuta:

Denji:

Incon:

Last edited:
Does Yuta's domain expansion have anything that can potentially even the playing field?
Considering this is Culling Games Yuta, he won't have Jacob's Ladder and even then that kind of depends on if Pochita is classified as "evil". Only thing it would grant is a stat boost

Yuta's best tactic is to just spam sky manipulation to redirect Pochita's attacks or cursed speech to immobilize him and get as many hits in as possible in those intervals. But considering it's a near 5x AP/Dura difference it's going to be an uphill battle. Rika isn't going to add much outside of maybe a few extra hits before she also gets taken out. If Yuta plays it smart and only fully manifests Rika to get the cursed energy refill and spams sky manip and cursed speech he could get a win imo, though, like I said it's probably going to be an uphill battle.

That's assuming he knows to start spamming sky manip and cursed speech from the start. One or two good hits and Yuta may just get the 251 treatment.

Not only can Pochita regenerate from all his attacks, he can always reincarnate in another body if he dies against Yuta and return back to the battlefield likely even stronger than before and unlike other devils Pochita doesn't seem to loose his memories either. I'm going Pochita FRA

Honestly, this may be a stomp. Yuta doesn't have a way to weaken Pochita like Makima did and he also doesn't have a easy way to bypass his regen combined with being nearly 5x weaker.

Isn't there a weakness with cursed speech where its less effective on stronger opponents or am I misremembering?
This is a weakness of Cursed Speech yes, but it may just be about Cursed Energy diff.

Either way, Proshitter has combat-applicable resurrection so death hax is useless.

Would it really be a stomp tho? I mean, if his death hax is able to kill pochita.... It's just that poticha would come back stronger. I'm curious is all.
If Yuta can't stop Poticha from coming back and resuming the fight, yes. Yuta can't use his hax forever and eventually Poticha will get to him and by that point, Yuta won't be able to fight him at all.

Yuta's death hax is merely an inconvenience and delays the inevitable.

Shinjuku Yuta may have a wincon in Jacob's Ladder being imbued into his domain since it'll be a sure hit, Yuta can still act outside of it without having to focus entirely on it, and it burns away curses. However, that's if we assume Curses and Devils can be equated. If not then Shinjuku Yuta wouldn't change anything

Shinjuku Yuta may have a wincon in Jacob's Ladder being imbued into his domain since it'll be a sure hit, Yuta can still act outside of it without having to focus entirely on it, and it burns away curses. However, that's if we assume Curses and Devils can be equated. If not then Shinjuku Yuta wouldn't change anything
I'm not terribly familiar with Chainsaw Man but, IIRC, Devils embody different concepts based on fear while Curses spring from all negative emotions and can embody fears. As such, they do spring from similar sources even if they have different mechanics afterwards. At the very least, I think it's plausible, even if I wouldn't say for sure.

If Shinjuku Yuta is used, I'd vote incon. Poticha could still overpower Yuta but it's possible for Yuta to use Jacob's Ladder and that might actually work. It would really just depend.

Switched to Shinjuku Arc Yuta.
Based on that, I'll elaborate on my position for incon.

Poticha just has to fight like normal, and he'll win eventually due to his stats, regen and reincarnation. That said, Yuta does have RCT and deep reserves to buy time to figure out how to combat Poticha on top of the fact that's he's skilled fighter in general and can hold his own against multiple opponents pressuring him. Given that he's pretty intelligent, him going for Jacob's Ladder via DE is a likelihood if he sees just nothing else is stopping Poticha and Poticha's similarity to Cursed Spirits. Then it would come down to if Jacob's Ladder works.

It really just depends on a lot of variables here going one way or another and I'm not confident enough to really say how it would all play out here.

Jacob's Ladder isn't doing anything to Pochita I'm ngl. He isn't made of negative energy, but meat, bone, and metal. He just has Type 2 Abstract Existence for the Type 2 Concept of chainsaws.

Would Yuta's skill advantage or a "Stop moving" + a full powered Rika laser do anything? If not then I'm not sure what would get past Pochitas regeneration. Though I'm not sure we should count Pochitas resurrection if the battle wincon is death. It would make it somewhat more fair for Yuta, though I'm not sure if that's allowed.

Jacob's Ladder doesn't extinguish evil beings BTW, it destroys Cursed Techniques. It works well on Sukuna because Sukuna's body has one of his fingers in it, which is a Cursed Object imbued with Sukuna's technique; aka, he's an Incarnated Sorcerer, and that's why it hurts him.

Pochita does not have a Cursed Technique so this wouldn't effect him.

Back