• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zabuza Momochi (Naruto) vs Chizome Akaguro (My Hero Academia)

Fix your links dude.

Anyways, considering the reflex advantage...

I'm voting for Zabuza, still, because Stain will have no answer to hidden mist + water clone trying to decapitate him, then large scale water jutsu which he won't be fast enough to escape.

Gemmysaur said:
I'm voting for Zabuza, still, because Stain will have no answer to hidden mist + water clone trying to decapitate him, then large scale water jutsu which he won't be fast enough to escape.
Considering Zabuza is 8-B trought his large scale water jutsu, then Stain should win, first because of his greater speed, second, he fought Todoroki, who ranks between 8-C and 8-A trough his Ice powers (and possibly his fire ones as well), and stain shown to be superior if not for the fact that he was fighting 3 v 1 so in this particular case stain should have no problem dealing with large scale attacks, also third, similar to how happened in BNHA, if the scenario is gotham city, zabuza has less space to move his water around, its a scenery that heavily benefits Stain

The powerset difference between Todoroki and friends, and Zabuza is quite large, as is Stain's movement speed to his reflexes, which it is the latter you are saying is higher than Zabuza's.

That means, Zabuza can set up hidden mist and clones before Stain can even reach him. Also, the moment that Zabuza finds that he can't land a hit at close combat with his clones, he'll just wipe the field with a water jutsu that Stain can't outrun. Todoroki's got a linear fighting style with too much flashy moves and too little sneak attacks, compared to Zabuza who's got both sneak and flashy in spades, as well as a diverse skillset. Not to mention, more skill than kids with only 1 power each (except Todoroki who has 2, but that's besides the point).

Funny that you mention the location, considering Stain is facing against a ninja who can bodyswap with an object (Kawarimi is a genin technique iirc), can stick to walls, and can see through his mist.

Lastly, Zabuza has multiple jutsus. Stain has zero experience fighting someone with many powers.

well, I readed naruto from the beginning but my mind if foggy (whoops pun xD), I'm going mostly by Zabuza's profile and what I can recall, Zabuza is listed as supersonic+, I assume this goes by combat/reflex speed, and possibly to his movement as well, making Stain's higher, even if his movement speed is only subsonic, Todoroki and co probably arent stronger or as experienced as zabuza (tought their stats on their pages are superior) the relevancy here is that Zabuza's large scale jutsu require at least a brief period of "prep" time (how to forget that long sequence of hand seals for the water dragon bullet jutsu). this brings in the next point, its clearly stated as a weakness that zabuza requires large amounts of water for certain techniques, this goes pretty obvious for the large scale ones, only adding more time he needs to spend creating it from his own chakra.

mentioning again the setting, gotham city at night, its not like in the middle of the city there are the required large amounts of water, unless we go somewhere like the docks,cant say much about the mist, its a good advantage.

worth also mentioning, despite zabuza's higher durability, Stain's speed and quirk can nuliffy it, its not like having 8-B durability makes you inmune to being grazed by knives, and Stain has already hurted enemies with far greater durability, tought probably due the effect's of his quirk (He paralyzed and then harmed, probably killed a noumu, Said noumu resisted Endeavor's attack, who's ranked 8-A)

Lastly about the diverse skillset, and going again by zabuza's profile and your suggestion, he'd have the 3 basic genin jutsu (cloning, transformation and substitution, 2 of which are neutrallized by Stains speed), aside from that, the rest is just "more ways of manipulating water", which is not far from extended quirk usage in BNHA, specially considering most ninja abandon basic genin jutsu and focus on specialized jutsu of their own or their clans. the "zero experienced against multiple powers" point is nullified in the fact that both zabuza and Stain have fought and killed several oponents with different powers, its noticeable from zabuza's background, and we have a number on how many pro heroes Stain has maimed.

Stain only needs a gracing with any blade, and the combat is done.

The mist prevented Kakashi from seeing, and admittedly slowed down his reactions. Mind you, this is a guy who can predict the flow of battle, is able to smell as good as that dog guy from Naruto's age group and sets traps on his traps. Yet the fight goes as so: Kakashi dodges a sword swing, gets kicked in the back, water ball prison jutsu.

Zabuza, in his profile is supersonic+ all around, while Stain is subsonic in movement speed and hypersonic+ in reflexes. That said, if Zabuza sees that he's not getting through with his hidden mist decapitations, then he can always back off and find a watery area . Not like Stain's catching him anytime soon what with the speed advantage in movement, as well as ninja wall-running > parkour and high jumps.

Stain does not have durability negation with his quirk. Only reason he's hurting people on that level is because bladed weapons > blunt and energy-type ones when it comes to the ability to do damage on a small area. Same could be said on kunai and swords in Naruto.

Fighting a diverse set of people with a diverse set of powers = / = fighting a single guy with a diverse set of powers which goes against the norm with Boku no Hero's setting.

@gremmy

I can agree with everything except correcting on the second to last paragraph and negating the last.

First, I never said he had durability negation, I meant that because of his paralizing quirk, the Noumu did'nt defend itself, and that played a factor into it. what I meant with it was that if Zabuza get's paralized, his high durability wouldn't help him.

and Second, people having a "diverse powerset" and using that to say that "the enemy will be unprepared for it" is very hardly a valid argument, I could "counter" by saying that Zabuza expects Stain to have more tricks or jutsus up his sleeve and would be all the time waiting of a nonexistent secret attack. this diverges in 2 different things I gotta say, the first is that zabuza HARDLY has anything similar to a "diverse powerset", all his jutsus are derivatives of using water in a certain form (friendly reminder that there's at least 4 confirmed water user pro-heroes in BNHA, so its not like water quirks are uncommon), his other techniques that that aren't water jutsu would be the 3 genin basics, clone jutsu (surpassed by water clones jutsu, Stain would say "Hes just shaping water like himself"), Transformation Jutsu (which is not unimaginable to do with water manipulation, not saying that zabuza does this, but that it could be attributed to it, so its nothing surprising) and lastly, Substitution Jutsu...Yeah good luck using that one when his reaction speed is inferior to Stain's Combat speed. And the second thing, Many quirks allow to diverse powersets thanks to their flexibility, Todoroki's quirk is simply temperature control but it allows to control Ice and fire, Momo has creation, and its a quirk so flexible you would never expect what shes gonna pull out, same occurs with Tamakis Manifest unless you spend some prep time spying on what he ate in the morning, Powerset diversity is not an alien concept in BNHA. TL;DR: saying that Character A Won't be prepared to fight character B because B has a more diverse powerset is not a valid argument, since from the begining both characters in VS matches don't know their enemies abilities.

I already posted my arguments and I keep my vote on Stain, you posted yours and have yours on Zabuza, I'd rather let other people throw in their own arguments to come to a concensus.

Back