• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

2-C and 2-B Tier merge

Status
Not open for further replies.
DT is saying that it's unnecessary, even if the border is arbitrary, It's Given that 2B itself is greater feat than 2C and so distinction is defined in terms of power scaling in this case but what advantage it'll bring to merge them aside from making unnecessary workload? We always knew that 2B and 2C are divided over number of universes, there is no advantages of it as nothing about the character will change, 2B character has been a stomp over 2C character and will be regardless being merged or left as it is.
It doesn't have to change the character. It's for less clutter and more consistency.

Let's take someone who is able to destroy 1000 universes. Then, someone who can destroy 1001 universes.
The difference is so infintesimal, that having a entire tier split is ludicrous. Likewise for if it was changed to be bigger- 1,000,000 vs 1,000,001 for example. It's being suggested that we get rid of the unnecessary split, and instead make it clear that each character in the new merged tier is a case by case basis- Something which is already being done and is supposed to be done in other tier's (3-A and 1-B, if I recall correctly). It's just so specific and confusing for this one tier to not work the way they do, when it is as applicable a method to this tier as it is to the other's. This would be like if there was a separate tier from Planet Level+ and 2 Planets- What's the real point? It clutter's up the tiering system and complicates it more than if they were just all in the same tier, with a clear disclaimer of how much their power fluctuates.

Furthermore, I notice people keep talking about how it's simply too much work, yet... It's not like you're being forced to work on it. Only those who are volunteering and desire to will need to put in the effort to do so. This will not apply any more work on to anyone who desire's to not be part of the project that would come from this thread being accepted. If your objection includes it being too much work, can you please just not include that part? It's frankly, in my opinion, a rather poor argument when people are literally volunteering to do the work themselves. Every time someone asks to change the tiering of a verse, do Staff say that it's simply too much work? No, they let a staff member who is actually interested in applying the changes come in (Assuming the changes are reasonable), and allow people to edit the pages so that they can do the work they are asking to have done.

What do you think?
At the core of it, the rating is just an arbitrary thing in my view. Unlike the various 1-C or 1-A ratings, there's not a scientific basis to set barriers or a standard like with planets or stars. So it ultimately comes down to how we decide to treat the cutoff point.

If people want to get rid of Low 2-C and make anything above one space-time 2-B then I don't really have a basis to disagree with them other than it's a lot of work or that our current system is fine as is.

The scope of the change while large also isn't anything massively unreasonable either. We've removed Irrelevant ratings from everyone and for all I know it could be something as simple as a tag change that the automod can take care of.

Personally speaking I don't really think a change is needed, but that's probably more familiarity bias more so than anything I guess.

The difference is so infintesimal
This is false, in the tier 2, any gap between them is a stomp, i.e. someone whose destruction limit is 1000 would get stomped by someone whose limit is 1001, since you cannot quantify the gap, but know one is infinitely stronger than the other.

Also tbh, following the infinity continuum or the FAQ, there is absolutely no difference between low 2C and 2-A, but we are not ready for that conversation yet

Personally I'm against it.
I could see how that might have been a nice way to put borders initially, but now we already have this distinction. And you have to know how many universes the characters can destroy anyway for ranking and stuff.
So I just see no objective advantage in the change. It neither makes profiles more accurate nor reduces workloads. Not like the border his any amount of hard to understand either. Hence the disadvantages of it being lots of work and changing what we are used to kinda outweigh for me.
Thank you very much for the support, and strongly agreed.

I definitely do not want us to turn our system any more vague and unspecific than it already unfortunately recurrently is.

To me the reasoning for this change sounds similar to arguing for merging everything between tier 10-C and 3-A, and I do not understand why some of our members seem to be so up in arms about this issue.

Would this change artificially make Dragon Ball and several other verses seem much stronger than they really are at a glance from our casual visitors? Yes. However, it would also be extremely unspecific and quite misleading.

It would require lots of work for a long-term detrimental effect to our community, so I continue to oppose the suggested change, and DontTalkDT and Qawsedf234 seem to agree with me.

@DarkDragonMedeus @SomebodyData @Celestial_Pegasus @Mr._Bambu @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz

What are your current views regarding this issue? I would appreciate if you read my more comprehensive arguments in my preceding posts in this thread, as I unfortunately have limited time available here.

I definitely do not want us to turn our system any more vague and unspecific than it already unfortunately recurrently is.
Having an arbitrary cap is more vague and unspecific than whatever you're implying it to be.

To me the reasoning for this change sounds similar to arguing for merging everything between tier 10-C and 3-A, and I do not understand why some of our members seem to be so up in arms about this issue.
My brother in Christ how the hell did you even come to that conclusion I can't even

Would this change artificially make Dragon Ball and several other verses seem much stronger than they really are at a glance from our casual visitors? Yes.
Absolutely not. Literally a name change.

Having an arbitrary cap is more vague and unspecific than whatever you're implying it to be.
Your above reasoning does not make any logical sense to me. Having easily understood borders is inherently much easier for most of our visitors, who are of the casual variety according to my available statistics, to quickly understand.
My brother in Christ how the hell did you even come to that conclusion I can't even
Virtually all of our lower tiers have somewhat random borders, and that seems to be your main argument for that we should merge together the lowest possible finite plural number with the highest possible finite number, to strive for less specification and accuracy rather than more of it, which is the exact opposite of what my work with gradually improving this wiki has been about for the last 8 years.
Absolutely not. Literally a name change.
No. The 2 universes-destroying Dragon Ball characters would all end up as tier 2-B, so I am sure that quite a lot of supporters for both that verse and others would be overjoyed at this development, even though it is an empty "victory" that does not really mean anything meaningful.

Last edited:
I agree with DontTalkDT to be honest, this isn't changing accuracy per say, but simply reorganizing borders; it doesn't make it any less or more accurate. But It's an excessive amount of workload for something that's barely a change. Also, I am so used to seeing Low 2-C being universe when 2-C and above was intended to be reserved for characters meant to be able to destroy more than one universe. I remember saying that even making
  • Destroying Observable Universes to be Low 3-A or Low Universe level in instead of 3-A and Universe level
  • Destroying Infinity on a 3-D scale to be 3-A and Universe level instead of High 3-A and High Universe level
  • And Destroying a timeline to be High 3-A and High Universe level instead of Low 2-C and Universe level+
I remember being against those proposals for other reasons but based on the general description of Tier 2, Low 2-C inherently sounds like it should be within the Tier 3 ballpark Given the general Tier 2 Tier is named Multiversal on our tiering system page. I may agree that 1001 universe is a very awkward point to separate 2-C from 2-B, but I still think it's better off making a distinction somewhere. Every Tier except Tier 0 has the A, B, C sections, so it should be consistent. While at the same time, Destroying a single timeline being 2-C doesn't sit right tbh.

I agree with DontTalkDT to be honest, this isn't changing accuracy per say, but simply reorganizing borders; it doesn't make it any less or more accurate. But It's an excessive amount of workload for something that's barely a change.
This is something a script edit could easily take care of within minutes, any repeats of the Tiering words can be easily handled by staff within an hour or so thanks to the Tier categorization that has taken place. If you don't want to actually help with something so trivial just say it instead of using the "it's an excessive amount of workload for something that's barely a change" when it clearly isn't.

Also, I am so used to seeing Low 2-C being universe when 2-C and above was intended to be reserved for characters meant to be able to destroy more than one universe. I remember saying that even making
  • Destroying Observable Universes to be Low 3-A or Low Universe level in instead of 3-A and Universe level
  • Destroying Infinity on a 3-D scale to be 3-A and Universe level instead of High 3-A and High Universe level
  • And Destroying a timeline to be High 3-A and High Universe level instead of Low 2-C and Universe level+
I remember being against those proposals for other reasons but based on the general description of Tier 2, Low 2-C inherently sounds like it should be within the Tier 3 ballpark Given the general Tier 2 Tier is named Multiversal on our tiering system page.
First off, that's a terrible cop-out because none of us agreed to this, no aspect of time should even be within Tier 3 to begin with. Also this is derailing at best because this goes deep into the conditions required to fulfill a tier, it goes beyond the name change.

I may agree that 1001 universe is a very awkward point to separate 2-C from 2-B, but I still think it's better off making a distinction somewhere.
Then base it on something logical instead of an arbitrary cut-off point. So far you haven't found anything to support it.

Every Tier except Tier 0 has the A, B, C sections, so it should be consistent. While at the same time, Destroying a single timeline being 2-C doesn't sit right tbh.
"Doesn't sit right" is not a good excuse to keep arbitrary values with no actual basis in them. That's just blatantly dishonest.

Your above reasoning does not make any logical sense to me. Having easily understood borders is inherently much easier for most of our visitors, who are of the casual variety according to my available statistics, to quickly understand.
What exactly do you think we're doing here? That's literally what we're trying to do, to make Tier 2 have much more easily understood borders instead of whatever convoluted mess you were proposing that had no basis in reality to begin with.

Virtually all of our lower tiers have somewhat random borders, and that seems to be your main argument for that we should merge together the lowest possible finite plural number with the highest possible finite number, to strive for less specification and accuracy rather than more of it, which is the exact opposite of what my work with gradually improving this wiki has been about for the last 8 years.
Way to ignore the point I guess.

NO. Let me reiterate.

The lower tiers have actual IRL references to go off by to sort of stave off that arbitration and warrant them separate tiers.

2-B's current cap has nothing to show for it to even remotely qualify for such a distinction.

No. The 2 universes-destroying Dragon Ball characters would all end up as tier 2-B, so I am sure that quite a lot of supporters for both that verse and others would be overjoyed at this development, even though it is an empty "victory" that does not really mean anything meaningful.
That doesn't mean anything in the long run. First you say it's about accuracy, now you say it's about the fanbase? Pick one.

Also what is it with the obsession for Dragon Ball here? What gives? What makes you think this is about making Dragon Ball appear more powerful than it already is? Ignoring the fact that its power level still isn't going anywhere to begin with nor magically ballooning up to anything else.

Last edited:
"Doesn't sit right" is not a good excuse to keep arbitrary values with no actual basis in them. That's just blatantly dishonest.
It's impossible for a personal opinion to be "Dishonest", I think the word you're looking for is Delusional?

But anyway, about this. What do you propose we name change that general Tier 2 being instead of "Multiversal"? Because we can't really have that if Universe level+ is Tier 2, so at least one of those should be changed.
Then base it on something logical instead of an arbitrary cut-off point. So far you haven't found anything to support it
IIRC, 1001 came from some old theory, but I do not remember. And even so, I wouldn't mind if baseline for 2-B was like a million instead of a specific 1001. Or even just 1000 makes more sense than 1001.

But anyway, about this. What do you propose we name change that general Tier 2 being instead of "Multiversal"? Because we can't really have that if Universe level+ is Tier 2, so at least one of those should be changed.
Something to do with time should prolly be mentioned.

IIRC, 1001 came from some old theory, but I do not remember. And even so, I wouldn't mind if baseline for 2-B was like a million instead of a specific 1001. Or even just 1000 makes more sense than 1001.
Still an arbitrary cap just chosen at random.

In an inflationary theory, number of universes within a multiverse is about 10^500 based of number of shapes of calabi yau manifold string theory and in MWI as we know it's just adinfinitum.

It's impossible for a personal opinion to be "Dishonest", I think the word you're looking for is Delusional?

1001 came from that the previous tier ends at 1000, so we had to continue with the following whole number.

???? Dragon Ball has literally nothing to do with this thread, why are you bringing it up?
Because I don't understand what could possibly motivate our members to be so extremely up in arms to fight over making our wiki less specific and accurate, but I apologise if I was too suspicious.

What are your current views regarding this issue? I would appreciate if you read my more comprehensive arguments in my preceding posts in this thread, as I unfortunately have limited time available here.
As I said before, I'm not against or for it. I don't think keeping as it is now is hurting anything or is wrong and I don't think changing it is incorrect either. It's just changing how we draw the border at certain tiers which ultimately doesn't matter other than possibly making it a bit broad.

If the random numbers aren't liked then idk, maybe just make 2-C any countable number of universes, 2-B an uncountable number and 2-A an infinite number. In which case the only tier that would need to be altered is 2-B.

Small snafu, but if this goes through can we make countless universe busters 2-B+? Just to like give a little more distinction because god knows this will be hell for people who want to make matches but find out they're putting a 2 universes buster against a countless universes buster.

Small snafu, but if this goes through can we make countless universe busters 2-B+? Just to like give a little more distinction because god knows this will be hell for people who want to make matches but find out they're putting a 2 universes buster against a countless universes buster.
I was just about to say no because I saw 2-C+ there but then I saw the change to 2-B+.

I'm kind of neutral to this suggestion. While I can understand the intent for this, this already lies in conflict with the purpose of 2-B in its normal state to include all higher finite numbers even if they become uncountable at a certain point.

What exactly do you think we're doing here? That's literally what we're trying to do, to make Tier 2 have much more easily understood borders instead of whatever convoluted mess you were proposing that had no basis in reality to begin with.
It's not about having a basis in reality for either of our suggestions. It is just about personal preference, and I prefer to make easily understood and overviewed distinctions between comparatively low-powered characters and comparatively high-powered characters. That is all.
Way to ignore the point I guess.

NO. Let me reiterate.

The lower tiers have actual IRL references to go off by to sort of stave off that arbitration and warrant them separate tiers.

2-B's current cap has nothing to show for it to even remotely qualify for such a distinction.
No, they largely do not. They have titles based on real world objects, and the energy level tier borders have not been adjusted because no matter what numbers we select they would be based on arbitrary sizes and destruction methods. DontTalk has elaborated quite a lot regarding this issue several times in the past.

And much of the entire point of this wiki is to make a distinction between smaller and larger numbers for easy overview.

However, if there somehow exist some finite borders for finite multiversal cluster sizes, based on unproven physics theories, feel free to mention them here, but I haven't heard of any.

We came up with the words Hyperverse and Outerverse to suit our purposes as well, and I do not consider it to be a big deal at all.
That doesn't mean anything in the long run. First you say it's about accuracy, now you say it's about the fanbase? Pick one.
It is about making distinctions, ordering information, and being specific in ways that are easily comprehensible and overviewed, much like we always do. I do not understand your confusion regarding this subject. This is not at all new information.
Also what is it with the obsession for Dragon Ball here? What gives? What makes you think this is about making Dragon Ball appear more powerful than it already is? Ignoring the fact that its power level still isn't going anywhere to begin with nor magically ballooning up to anything else.
Many members unfortunately tend to want to make their favourite verses seem more powerful than they really are, but I apologised in an earlier post if I was too suspicious in this regard.

Maybe it’s because you keep accusing them of trying to make the wiki less accurate.
It would make the wiki much less specific, more confusing, and less easily overviewed in any case, and I always want to improve on our organisation in this and other regards.

Well, countless universes technically just means that nobody can count that high, whereas the current upper border of 2-B includes any extremely high finite number whatsoever.

It would make the wiki much less specific, more confusing, and less easily overviewed in any case, and I always want to improve on our organisation in this and other regards.
It really wouldn’t. The amount of universes being affected would have to be specified on the profiles, so there should be no confusion if one actually reads the profile.

It's not about having a basis in reality for either of our suggestions. It is just about personal preference, and I prefer to make easily understood and overviewed distinctions between comparatively low-powered characters and comparatively high-powered characters. That is all.
So just admit that you don't really care about accuracy here but more so about personal preference. Not that hard.

No, they largely do not. They have titles based on real world objects, and the energy level tier borders have not been adjusted because no matter what numbers we select they would be based on arbitrary sizes and destruction methods. DontTalk has elaborated quite a lot regarding this issue several times in the past.
I said "Stave off", not "get rid of permanently". I know what DT has elaborated on in the past with this.

And much of the entire point of this wiki is to make a distinction between smaller and larger numbers for easy overview.
Okay and? Countless tiers exist that have a gigantic gap between its lower and higher ends, and they've worked out perfectly fine.

However, if there somehow exist some finite borders for finite multiversal cluster sizes, based on unproven physics theories, feel free to mention them here, but I haven't heard of any.
Unless they're from peer-reviewed scientific journals or books written by reputable scientists I don't see the point, and even then it'd still fall under the "any higher finite number" argument because nothing indicates that a fiction has to follow said rules in the first place.

We came up with the words Hyperverse and Outerverse to suit our purposes as well, and I do not consider it to be a big deal at all.
Given that those tiers are even bigger monumental ****-ups than Tier 2 ever would be, yet 1-B inherently seems to be doing well on its own without multiple side tiers within it, I don't see why 2-B would be any different.

It is about making distinctions, ordering information, and being specific in ways that are easily comprehensible and overviewed, much like we always do. I do not understand your confusion regarding this subject. This is not at all new information.
You want distinctions, ordering information and being specific in ways that are easily comprehensible and overviewed? Here you go: Singular, Plural Finite and Plural Infinite. Now tell me this makes less sense than whatever convoluted mess you came up with dividing Plural Finite with so many arbitrary distinctions that had absolutely no basis to them. You say we should strive towards accuracy, but it seems you yourself have sacrificed those ideals in favor of personal preference. So at the end of the day, you need to choose which one you need to go with here.

Many members unfortunately tend to want to make their favourite verses seem more powerful than they really are, but I apologised in an earlier post if I was too suspicious in this regard.
I can understand the paranoia, but once again, this isn't about making verses look more powerful than they already are. That was never the point. How many universes they destroy will remain unaffected by this. Any VS match they have will also remain unchanged and the only way they get removed is if the character either got a boost to the number of universes destroyed or gets hax upgrades. We don't get to make them more powerful without this anyway.

It really wouldn’t. The amount of universes being affected would have to be specified on the profiles, so there should be no confusion if one actually reads the profile.
It seems extremely unlikely that our members would consistently insert exact number of universes counts for several hundred character profile pages, so I contknue to maintain that this is a very unwise and destructive suggestion, and given that DontTalk and Medeus agree with me, this thread appears to have been rejected.

Well, countless universes technically just means that nobody can count that high, whereas the current upper border of 2-B includes any extremely high finite number whatsoever.
Same thing, countless isn't treated as "finite" unlike the words "infinite", "endless", "limitless", "boundless", "unending", "no limit" and the like.

It seems extremely unlikely that our members would consistently insert exact number of universes counts for several hundred character profile pages, so I contknue to maintain th(at this is a very unwise and destructive suggestion.
Then we should make this a mandatory rule before anything else.

We already make this distinction for Tier 1 characters as mandated to do so, so why the hell this would not be applicable for Tier 2 is well beyond me. I'd argue it's even more destructive to keep the number of universes involved in such feats unknown from the get-go.

The way I see it, both sides clearly have a distinct difference in their definition of specific.
Those opposing think that by placing things into many tier's, it will be more accurate.
Those in aggreeance (myself included, as little as that matters) believe that by putting them all in a single tier but making sure it is known that the power of character's in the tier varies greatly, it will be more accurate.
This has slowly gotten down to simply becoming a matter of preference at this rate, rather than a constructive debate where in the other side can be convinced that they're wrong- Because opinion's simply cannot be truly incorrect.
This does not change my stance on believing that this would be a change for the better (again, for as little importance as that would really be), it just means that from what I'm seeing, debate has slowly left the field to make way for interpretation in this thread.

It seems extremely unlikely that our members would consistently insert exact number of universes counts for several hundred character profile pages, so I contknue to maintain that this is a very unwise and destructive suggestion, and given that DontTalk and Medeus agree with me, this thread appears to have been rejected.
First of all, no. You, DT and Medeus disagreeing does not mean that this thread has been rejected. Eight of the staff here have agreed, you really want to overrule all of us and set that precedent?

Second of all, they better insert the number of universes if they want to qualify for the tiers in the first place. And like KLOL said, if it’s that big of an issue, then we should just make a rule about it.

Got Permission from KLOL to speak here (I… think-)

First, we should really get a vote count. Plenty of staff input has been given, so tally it up. Not saying this thread is anywhere near accepted or rejected, it’s not. But keeping a tally of votes at this stage wouldn’t hurt

Second:
It seems extremely unlikely that our members would consistently insert exact number of universes counts for several hundred character profile pages
I mean, references were made mandatory for new pages not that long ago, why not just do the same approach? “New profiles in Tier 2-B and profiles newly changed to Tier 2-B must contain the exact number of universes the character scales to, and it is preferred, though not mandatory, that old pages are updated to follow these standards as well” or smth along those lines would work fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back