• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

4 spatial vs 4 temporal

In a story with 4 spatial dimensions, a 4D being could move in 4 coordinate axis. But what is the name of this fourth direction?

It can’t be “time” because that’s only if the story contained 3 spatial dimensions with one temporal dimension?

If you removed time from the temporal dimension, would it revert to being a spatial dimension?

Last edited:
I think you said it fourth coordinate axis or some other similar name.

Nah.
can 4 dimensional matter, say a 4d chair, exist in a story that contains 3 spatial dimensions+1 temporal dimension? Wouldn’t the 4th dimension in this context only be able to contain a timeline?

Yeah. The temporal chair would have a timeline component and the spatial chair would exist solely in four dimensions of space.
Would it be more impressive to destroy the Spatial 4D chair or temporal 4D chair?

I say temporal because:
A spatial 4D chair has an axis that a 3D chair can’t reach even if that chair was infinite in 3 axis.

But, a 4D temporal chair would exist in every infinite snapshot of the 3dimensional universe, and every infinite amount of time in between those years, seconds, etc.

TLDR
destroying that temporal chair would be destroying an infinite 3D-universe, an uncountably infinite amount of times.
and destroying a 4D spatial chair would only be destroying one set of infinite, only once

Would it be more impressive to destroy the Spatial 4D chair or temporal 4D chair?

I say temporal because:
A spatial 4D chair has an axis that a 3D chair can’t reach even if that chair was infinite in 3 axis.

But, a 4D temporal chair would exist in every infinite snapshot of the 3dimensional universe, and every infinite amount of time in between those years, seconds, etc.

TLDR
destroying that temporal chair would be destroying an infinite 3D-universe, an uncountably infinite amount of times.
and destroying a 4D spatial chair would only be destroying one set of infinite, only once
I think it would depend on context but in that scenario destroying the temporal 4D chair would be more impressive.

I say temporal because:

TLDR
@Ultima_Reality

Is my logic sound? Is destroying a temporal 4D chair greater than destroying a 4D spatial chair?

Last edited:
In a story with 4 spatial dimensions, a 4D being could move in 4 coordinate axis. But what is the name of this fourth direction?

It can’t be “time” because that’s only if the story contained 3 spatial dimensions with one temporal dimension?

If you removed time from the temporal dimension, would it revert to being a spatial dimension?
Spatial Manipulation + Space Time Manipulation

Spatial axis for sure, 4D is equivalent to uncountable universe
A 4D is only equivalent to uncountable universes if there are 3 spatial dimensions and 1 temporal dimension .

4 spatial dimensions with 1 temporal dimensions means only the 5th dimensions would have uncountably infinite universes.

Back