• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-B Brackets Round 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
3cd904f92b6b51843ddf5975d26b6126
Seventh round of the 7-B Brackets begins! Winner of the last round was Astro Boy.

Current Standings (A "-1" indicates a fighter was disqualified for whatever reasons)

The combatants for this round are Arzo, nominated by WeeklyBattles, and Skull Wave, submitted by DontTalk.

7-B Arzon is used, Speed is =. Battle takes place in the forest Gildedguy fought Bog i.

Arzon scales to 42 Megatons, Skull Wave scales to 7.5 Megatons.

Arzo - 11 (Weekly, Cal, Litentric, Supwa, Rocker, PhoenixStorm, Schnee, Rot, Bumba, Ovens, Iapitus)

Skull Wave - 6 (Wright, Rebuble, Psycho, SBBXeno, Velox, DontTalk)

Incon -

Arzon-0
LO3UGZZ
I couldn't find any pictures of Skull Wave other than the one on the page so this should work

BooBoo v03 100
Once he is done, there will be nothing but bones left.

So I looked through a few of Arzon's fights in preparation for this.

He seems to for the most part fight in melee range, albeit he can go to mid-range if he notices that it is advantages for himself. What this means is, that I don't think he will keep outside of Skull Waves range. It should be mentioned that I don't know how good Arzon's flight is, but he doesn't seem to make that effective use of it in character given that I haven't seen him use it in any of the fights I watched (Unless you count air manipulation enhanced jumps).

In melee he would quickly get annihilated. It's called a "Bone Sea" for a reason. If he approaches Skull Wave for close combat, Skull Wave would just surround him with his bones, cut off escape routes through the several meter high bone ocean and have them flow in on him like water. Arzon can block that temporary through an air shield, but has no effective way of retaliating or escaping the assault. So he would just "drone" in bones, in the end.

Even assuming he immediately decides to keep some range Skull Wave has good options. For one thing Skull Wave has good methods for approaching fighters. He can launch dozens of Skull axes as projectiles and where they land he can use the bones of the axes to shape skeletons. That way he can attack and by passing the hat on to a new formed skeleton has effectively switched locations.

To that comes that spacing such a large amount of bones is difficult to begin with. So there is a good chance the Skull Wave will be able to draw into close combat, where he can win in the way detailed above.

I should mention another strength of Skull Wave: The fact that everyone assumes that he is a living skeleton or, if the original one is destroyed, usually a living pile of bones. In truth Skull Wave is really just the gem in his hat, while the bones are material for him to manipulate. In Avatar terms this means that most people would fight the water, not the waterbender. That fact might be the most potent defense Skull Wave has.

Of course if all his bones are destroyed he would still loose, even if the opponent doesn't focus on the hat. However, that is not easy since he can just let structures be shattered and then piece them back together with his bone control and due to how many bones there are. When Ileana threatened to fight Skull Wave, he predicted that the ground would run out of nutrients to grow new Mandragora before the Ileana's would be able to destroy all his bones, despite the fact that they would destroy each other a lot. We are talking about hundreds of Ileana's here, so that task is not easy for 7-B Characters.

This means that a war of attrition is something Skull Wave is very good at, which brings us to the final point:

This fight is of significance. It is one where Arzon decides to fight using his air powers on range. As is noted in Arzon's weaknesses expanding too much energy knocks him out. What the fight shows is that continued use, like necessary if he wishes to fight without his fists for longer periods, drains him very quickly. He would simply collapse from using his powers too much before he is able to reduce Bone Wave's bones by any relevant amount.

All in all I vote for Skull Wave (I know, very suprising)

Weilder of immense power over wind, with many victories in Hyun's Dojo -

One spooky boi - 1 (DontTalk)

Weilder of immense power over wind, with many victories in Hyun's Dojo -

One spooky boi - 2 (DontTalk, Schnee)

Skull FRA

However, one thing I would like to mention is the fact that Arzon should be able to destroy "Bone Sea" as he is 5.6x stronger.

The rest of your points are solid tho.

RotofBots said:
However, one thing I would like to mention is the fact that Arzon should be able to destroy "Bone Sea" as he is 5.6x stronger.
View it like punching water. Sure, you can punch a hole into water, but it will just continue to flow around your fist. Doing so won't prevent you from drowning in it.

Calcium for the reasons above.

Though, we should wait for Weekly's rebuttal.

@Ovens, yeah, I won't post the next round if this hits grace until Weekly's had a chance to defend Arzon.

Skull - 6 (DontTalk, Schnee, Rot, Dragon, Ovens, Velox)

Arzon -

The real cal howard said:
So um...what's keeping Arzon from powering through with a 6x AP advantage?
DontTalk suggests that Arzon wouldn't be able to destroy all of Skull Wave's bones before KOing himself through overexertion.

So um...what's keeping Arzon from powering through with a 6x AP advantage?
Basically what I wrote above? His attacks doing no relevant damage to Skull Wave (not due to durability, but because Skull Wave is 99.9% disposable parts, which don't even loose much efficiency when cut or broken), his bad stamina and the fact that he will be completely engulfed by bones that cut on contact from all directions the moment he gets somewhat close to Skull Wave.

Just-how is Arzon gonna get through Skulls Type 8 immortality? Whats the condition for that?

Psychomaster35 said:
Just-how is Arzon gonna get through Skulls Type 8 immortality? Whats the condition for that?
Dependend on the gem in his hat. One could debate if it should even be listed as type 8, as he basically is the gem in his hat.

Arzon could feasibly break Skull Wave's gem given the AP advantage, but since he isn't aware of the weakness he'll waste his energy on the spoopi squelitons.

Alright. Despite Arzon being severely stronger, he has no chance of going through Type 8 immortality without knowing. Voting the Spooky Scary Skeleton dude.

I mean, that's good, but he's gonna have a heck of a time cutting Arzon in the first place. Arzon's got his air blasts to take care of a lot of getting close, blowing away pretty much any of Skull Wave's advances and Arzon's not a h2h fighter. He always uses his air blasts, mostly going full-body. SW can also try forever, but he's not getting past Arzon's air shield, especially if Arzon transforms.

DT's argument is really good.

I guess I'm just trying to figure out, aside from Arzon potentially collapsing (which he's smart enough to probably not let happen), what with Skull be doing to harm him? Bombarding him with bones?

Though I'll also wait to hear Weekly's input.

Skull has poison manip listed on his profile, IDK how good that is.

Arzon has healing potions in case things get too dicey. He can also send wind through the ground to bypass any bones protecting SW.

I mean, that's good, but he's gonna have a heck of a time cutting Arzon in the first place. Arzon's got his air blasts to take care of a lot of getting close, blowing away pretty much any of Skull Wave's advances and Arzon's not a h2h fighter. He always uses his air blasts, mostly going full-body. SW can also try forever, but he's not getting past Arzon's air shield, especially if Arzon transforms.
With Arzon's stamina issues Skull Wave doesn't have to try long to make him collapse from overusing his power if Arzon fights only using air.

And for blowing away omnidirectional advances he would need omnidirectional air blasts, which not only is power wise not efficient (Power of such a blast decreases with the square of its range), but also extremely exhausting and ultimately no effective attack.

Arzon uses h2h with wind powers together if he fights, from what I have seen. Any h2h, without weapon, is ill advised against Skull Wave, cause the bones cut on contact. He would injure himself more then Skull Wave trying that.

Individual air blasts or air blades would each just cut or move a minor amount of the approaching bones. Neither would the bones be permanently out of the game, nor would it delay the advance of all the other bones. Not even the resulting holes would help, as the surrounding bones will flow into them like water.

We are talking about easily hundreds or thousands of skeletons worth of city level bones vs a 6x Ap gap. Getting close means getting surrounded and getting surrounded means death against the brute mass.

Litentric Teon said:
I guess I'm just trying to figure out, aside from Arzon potentially collapsing (which he's smart enough to probably not let happen)
In the video I linked he let it happen, though? He also doesn't really have a choice, as not using his powers means quick death for him.

Regarding damage: Since each bone can cause cuts, getting caught in the bone ocean causes much damage per second. Even if we are talking about minor cuts.

Otherwise, fire attacks using bones (apparently Arzon has a problem with fire), launching lots of bone axes, just shooting bones as projectiles or creating skeletons and have them fight meele. Stuff like that.

If Arzon's going for the kill, he's not going to be trying to punch him in the gut...or the equivalent of it. The one time Arzon killed someone, he blew them up. Arzon's also not an idiot. He's not going to stay on the ground during a sea of bones, and he doesn't necessarily need to blast through with his bones when he can rush through himself. Like you were saying about AoE, the only way SW would be doing serious damage is if he were hitting the same spot a ton of times. And if Arzon gets close, bones cutting him's not going to be too much of a problem. One, dude's got regen enough to cover his bases, and two, AP/dura advantage. Plus, everything he does is with wind anyway, even martial arts.

So SW's consciousness is through the hat?

Honestly, Arzon isn't so dumb that he's just gonna to burn all his stamina haphazardly fighting the bones. He's going to see the hat, notice it's different from anything else going on, and likely attempt to do something to it. And if he notices that it's shifting from skeleton to skeleton, he'll at least realize that it's of major importance.

Like, there's a sea of skeletons and bones coming at him. Basically unending. And yet there's this one skeleton on the side wearing a hat. He'd probably go for the dude wearing at hat just to see what's up. RHG characters tend to be fairly observant from what I can recall.

Blowing Skull Wave up has no effect, unless it's his hat. And since Arzon doesn't know he has to go for the hat, he won't. Let's also not forget the several meters of bone walls in between them.

Rushing through the bones will not be as easy as you make it out to be. A 6x Ap advantage only does this much. When the bones restrain the arms and legs movement gets difficult.

In general pushing through meters of bones is not as simple as you make it out to be. It's not like Skull Wave is City level using all bones at once, he is City level using just his axe. Even with the Ap advantage attacking through thick defenses will not work that easily.

Regarding flight: Skull Wave takes action to not let opponents escape through flight, using things like shooting stars made from bone. Even then, I doubt Arzon can finish Skull Wave when keeping on range, due to Sull Waves defenses.

And bones cutting him won't be a problem? They will skin him alive if he comes into contact with them, before quickly starting to dig further into his body. And that's without using the fire.

Arzon isnt going to be restrained at all given his massive lifting strength advantage

Azron could also just transform or use Wind Dance and blitz the battlefield

Arzon could also just use an AoE wind attack on the entire battlefield or use a Wind Sphere to group all the bones into one place and make them explode, hat and all

The restrain isn't due to the weight of the bones, but due to the 7-B power grabbing in several places. He could free himself through a omnidirectional air blast, but the situation would instantly repeat itself and he wouldn't get the opportunity to just charge straight through the bones.

Skull Wave could easily keep up with Beatrice in close combat, using just his body, despite the latter speed amping herself by launching her limbs with explosions. Said speed amping technique was made to defend against bullets and Bomb shrapnel, despite her base speed being just subsonic. Some speed will not overwhelm him at all.

Thinking that he could AoE the entire Skull Wave is overestimating him, in my opinion. If hundreds of City level Ileana wouldn't destroy all those bones in a prolonged battle, Arzon will not be able to do so with a few attacks.

Also keep in mind that a hat is much easier to maneuver, hide and defend than a full body. It's not like Skull Wave is unaware of his weak point.

So he puts up a wind barrier around himself, problem solved

Arzon has two transformations that on their own can speedblitz people as fast as or faster than hiself, and he can combine those two to double the effect. His Trphoon Rage Mode also makes him strong enough to oneshot people as stronge as himself normally.

His Aoe is a few hundred meters to a few kilometers, Skull Sea is a few dozen meters, yes he can destroy them and his AoE would group them all together in one small spot first.

Cool, Azon's wind attacks would keep it in one place if he uses his AoE, and Arzon isnt dumb enough to not notice something like the hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back