• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-A FC/OC Brackets: Round 5

DMUA

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
NOT DEAD YET

the road so far...

This round is Zephyr Highwind (Child) vs Lyca

Standard Battle Assumptions are in play, and speed is equalized.

Zephyr is baseline for some wack scaling from baseline 8-Bs that I'm not going to bother continuing the harping on, Lycan is more powerful then SHOOOOOOUUUUUUUTTTTTOOOOOO at his absolute best

Who will prevail?

Zephyr Highwind (Child): 3 (Smashtwig, 66Gaming123 and Hypermode9)

Lyca: 6 (Spinoirr, GreyFang82, Drag-O-Drawgo, YungManzi, Peppypony and Uninow)

Base Zephyr
Lycan Wolf Form

Both are furries, thereore Incon

Is this even a like...debate? Zephyr kinda just needs one hit against this near haxless boi

Look at the AP gap very carefully

And I'm not sure about the other guy's skill

Lycan is >>> Shouto, which is roughly ~400 tons, meanwhile Zephyr is baseline. That's at least a 4x advantage.

Though, Zephyr got the arsenal and abilities. I'm not sure how experienced he is, but i'm assuming Lycan would go and strike first, having the edge of experience and knowledge over Zephyr. If DMUA puts Lycan at night, he'll have a good damn boost just to further enhance his advantage over him.

Again, Zephyr can pull out Muramasa which has Durability Negation just as Lycan can shred him with sheer power. I'm not sure on this one.

SBA says it's optimal for either party, even if it causes a paradox of day/night

DMUA said:
Look at the AP gap very carefully
And I'm not sure about the other guy's skill
His profile says he's as promising as the big three (and also a pro-hero), so I'm assuming maybe that would put him in the same ballpark of skill as Togata Mirio?

If that's the case Zephyr might be a bit outmatched

>Zephyr is vastly out APd and probably behind in skill

>Zephyr for reasons above

Smashtwig said:
AP would be equalized via its magic I believe
When the fork did it close 4x gaps and why did Usernown let it in

I think Zephyros said that it would take time to close the gap, but will even things out eventually, Zephyr could just Wind Intag to stall anyway

It takes to close the gap? In that case, I'm going to vote Lycan, he has an early advantage, so if he can finish things quickly, he should be fine. Zephyr's baseline attacks won't do much against him during that time.

But that doesn't matter if he can't hit Zephyr though? He has Elemental Intangibility. The possibility of if he can catch Zephyr phasing in and out of intang is gonna be based on his skill though

Interesting that you mention that.

Now, in the beginning, Zephyr, knowing that Lycan could be ludicrously stronger than him, will phase out into wind trying to dodge his attacks, most likely. Then he'll pull out the equalizer thing (if he even has it), but it'll take time to close the gap between him and Lycan. Lycan isn't dumb if he is just as intelligent as the big three. He will not let Zephyr stall out him.

If Zephyr starts straight with the equalizer, then i think Lycan can beat up him before he can do something. This would be a win scenario for the aforementioned.

If Zephyr starts with the intangibility, then that means problems for the wolf guy. As i said above, he may find out a way as he is phased into wind, or beat him up when he goes out of it. However, if he pulls out Muramasa, it'd be game over. Same for Zephyr if he gets too close. This could be Inconclusive or a Zephyr win scenario if he stalls Lycan for enough to let the equalizer get close to his physical prowess.

If Zephyr happens to lack the equalizer, then i can see Lycan winning this with low-mid difficulty. Unless he pulls out Muramasa in time, Lycan has the skill and strength advantage in here.

In general, i think i can see Lycan win most of the times. I'd say him, for now.

Considering the equalizer literally never existed on either the last thread or the profile, I think it's safe to round up votes

It was there in the Ergo fight. I mentioned it multiple times. Considering that Wind is Zephyr's go to element, I wouldn't not believe that he won't stall. And yes. It is in the profile. 5th Key, which we are using has it, so look at the 5th tabber of his Notable Abilities and it should be there

Smashtwig brings up another point. Zephyr can speed amp, phase to avoid getting hit (which he does very often, mind you), equalize stats (which he always does in a 1v1 fight, and the timeframe isn't that long either, under a minute), and oneshot with his own weapon.

What really stops Zephyr from his go-to strategy for 1v1 fights? Equalizer > Divine Thunder > Phase > Slice

Also, if we're talking skill... Yall know Zephyr's been trained from the time he could walk, ye? that's roughly ten years of training. Not that skill really matters anymore...

>Equalizes stats

>Proceeds to heavily unequalize it

I mean, if it's 10 years using the same BS tactics it doesn't help you against someone who's fought a variety of opponents on that caliber of BS

or mostly just, show me his skill, don't tell me how long he's been skilling himself for

DMUA said:
>Equalizes stats

I mean, if it's 10 years using the same BS tactics it doesn't help you against someone who's fought a variety of opponents on that caliber of BS

or mostly just, show me his skill, don't tell me how long he's been skilling himself for
it wasn't 10 years using the same "BS" tactics. he gained those over the course of a year. The first 13 years of his life were growing up, learning how to fight with a variety of different weapons from others with 100s of years of experience.

I'm p sure he can't unequalize with a speed amp after Equalizer. But if he uses Speed Amp right away to attack then it would make sense

DMUA said:
>Equalizes stats

it wasn't 10 years using the same "BS" tactics. he gained those over the course of a year. The first 13 years of his life were growing up, learning how to fight with a variety of different weapons from others with 100s of years of experience.

...but he isn't even that old, from what I recall he's only in his teens. How does that translate to 100s of years of experience?

I might remove my vote FRA, I can see things being argued for both sides and now I think I'm going Incon… oh wait it's a tourney...

Well just remove my vote then. I think I need more time to evaluate how one of em is gon win

Don't think Lycan has this, the amount of hax Zephyr has is overwhelming to me, Equalizer seems practically perfect for the situation. Speed Amp, OneShot, AND Intang? I think Zephyr got this

hm... I see why Lycan can do this, but to me all he really has is skill and strength, I don't think it's enough versus's Zephyr's intangibility and speed... so....yeah? I'm not gonna pick a side for now

It's 3-3 now right? Since Zephyros votes for his own character, or is that not allowed?

Back