• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zephyr Highwind VS. Lycan 2: Aeronautic Boogaloo

I don't really see how Lycan's gonna win this. Mura's ability one shots, Martial Arts can possibly handle it, but it'll most likely result in Lycan just keeping his distance. And if that's the case, Zephyr's wind based projectiles will give him the edge.

That's pretty true, but if Lycan gets hit at all, if it isn't a slice that grazes him, losing an arm, hand, leg, or even some fingers are a pretty large deal to me, since Lycan seems to be a hand to hand combatant

ok lets see here. A lot of Lycan's advantages in the last thread apply here. Except now he has an actual AP advantage (at least 2X) due to the absence of the equalizer. Judging by Zephyr's profile, Lycan still gets the skill advantage (or at the very least equal). SBA putting them at hundreds of meters isn't a problem because (even discussed in last thread) Lycan could just... you know... dodge, and regenerate if he happened to get hit (since low Regenerationn isn't useless, and that 2X AP advantage helps not get hurt too much by magic). Lycan has no reason to keep distance, he has no ranged stuff. When Lycan does get to Zephyr, it's a matter of either Lycan gets hit with the sword (and killed or injured beyond the ability to fight) before being able to get the advantage, or Lycan gets the advantage and shreds Zephyr. Also, Zephyr doesn't have the wind form like last time, so he can't rely on any kind of intangibility.

Really, it's durability negating sword vs likely higher skill, 2X AP advantage, and claws (which make it a lot easier to inflict wounds. Lycan would have this because he's literally a werewolf).

I'm voting either inconclusive or lycan. I still need a bit of time to pick.

Griffon's feat was pretty casual, and you REALLY seem to be overestimating Lycan's claws and underestimating projectiles. Like, you're treating them as if they'll just bounce off.

For the record, if Lycan starts to get the upper hand, Muramasa will take over, which REALLY changes that skill and strength advantage.

I've been going purely what was written on the profiles + the claws due to werewolf. I concluded Lycan's skill due to something more of a feat than just "years of experience" (which going by purely experience is pretty much a fallacy). Within these, I did not find how much Muramasa boosts strength (only that it does boost it), it boosting skill at all due to it saying "bloodthirsty" which made me think more of rage, which would result in much less skill, And I did not find Griffon being casual (which doesn't really matter anyway). You'd be surprised at how much claws could help cause wounds (even if you're at an AP disadvantage to an extent).

Ok. I'm voting inconclusive.

(only that it does boost it), it boosting skill at all due to it saying "bloodthirsty" which made me think more of rage, which would result in much less skill, And I did not find Griffon being casual (which doesn't really matter anyway).
Muramasa boosted Zephyr from a 9-B to a 7-C when he was trying to save Gale.

Muramasa is bloodthirsty, but it's not a berserker. It's clearly shown that it can act rationally and hold conversations with Zephyr, but it also enjoys killing. Its bloodlust is more equivalent to something like Izou from Akame ga Kill, and the blade itself has been around long enough to fight in the great war era.

You'd be surprised at how much damage a sword can cause if it can cut anything.

Well, this isn't a stomp so I wouldn't support that change. I would think it would be a kind of spite thread if you did.

Seems generally Inconclusive to me as well, FRA.

(Also, yes, Low-Godly regen. I take that to mean given the context that Zephyr has no real way around that...

Damus has a match in progress that no one's said anything on yet, just fyi.)

Oh sorry about that. Also between Zephyr and Lycan, it might depend on who's faster, tougher, and has more stamina

Back