• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-A World's Greatest Fighters Tournament: Yuji Itadori vs Debby the Corsifa (Round 1)

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
With the first two matches coming to a close, I happily welcome you all to the third matchup of Round 1 of the 9-A World's Greatest Fighters Tournament!

Introducing first, she calls herself "The Strongest Demon", Debby the Corsifa!

And her opponent, the Jujutsu Sorcerer, Yuji Itadori!

Rules are stated here.

Hear me out...:

He looks cool: 7 (AThe, Razor, Ecstasy, Random, Armor, Saman, Corbin)

Don't let this happen:

7bX7qjK.png

Last edited:
Debby is 0.04288 Tons, Yuji is 0.02790 Tons, meaning Debby has the AP advantage

however:
isn't she dumb as shit? would yuji not just outskill here?

She seems to have the versatility advantage. Yuji will have to rely on his regeneration, as he can't rely on Sukuna here, since I was told that she makes him 8-C.

Actually, without Sukuna, Yuji's kinda ******.

His regen is only low as opposed to low-mid, and Type 8 Immortality is out the window.

He has to rely on his raw skill against someone with a huge versatility and mobility advantage. Doesn't help that she's physically superior, too.

She seems to have the versatility advantage. Yuji will have to rely on his regeneration, as he can't rely on Sukuna here, since I was told that she makes him 8-C.
yeah sukuna shouldn't be allowed here.
i read like one (1) chapter of DtC so i do not know extensively how she fights, but considering her raw unfiltered single-digit IQ it doesn't seem like she'd resort to any of her hax? idunno.

I contacted Flashlight to hop over. We're just gonna have to wait.

Though it's not looking too bright for Yuji.

Debby is 0.04288 Tons, Yuji is 0.02790 Tons, meaning Debby has the AP advantage

Not quite, Yuji should upscale from his former self who did the feat he scales to. So Yuji > Yuji lel. He also has black flash which is a massive amp. So Yuji should be close the gap.

Not quite, Yuji should upscale from his former self who did the feat he scales to. So Yuji > Yuji lel. He also has black flash which is a massive amp. So Yuji should be close the gap.
From what I can see, Yuji's 9-A key doesn't have Black Flash yet but he does have Divergent Fist (Which basically makes a single punch produce the impact of 2, and he uses it really often) which should allow him to close the AP gap. Combine that with him outskilling Debby and I don't see how he doesn't take the win once he manages to close in for melee.

Last edited:
From what I can see, Yuji's 9-A key doesn't have Black Flash yet but he does have Divergent Fist (Which basically makes a single punch produce the impact of 2, and he uses it really often) which should allow him to close the AP gap. Combine that with him outskilling Debby and I don't see how he doesn't take the win once he manages to close in for melee.

I was about to say his second key can be used since the calc is wrong but does he scale to the finger bearer calc? which was checked by Therefir and damage so i guess the latter keys are correct.

First key Yuji is pretty lacking overall. He proves to be a competent and intelligent fighter later in the series but he really doesn't get a lot of combat in that first key and he has basically no training or control of his CE at all. idk how this impacts this fight I just feel like a lot of Yujis battle IQ gets developed later in the series.

First key Yuji is pretty lacking overall. He proves to be a competent and intelligent fighter later in the series but he really doesn't get a lot of combat in that first key and he has basically no training or control of his CE at all. idk how this impacts this fight I just feel like a lot of Yujis battle IQ gets developed later in the series.

You sure he wasn’t always that intelligent? There’s not really any proof he improved his battle IQ over the course of the series. It seems he was always this talented in combat and it just shows up time and time again. The only difference between latter keys and this key is just experience.

Well, this is gonna be a hassle. Alright, let's do this...
cracks knuckles
yeah sukuna shouldn't be allowed here.
i read like one (1) chapter of DtC so i do not know extensively how she fights, but considering her raw unfiltered single-digit IQ it doesn't seem like she'd resort to any of her hax? idunno.
The series is up to Chapter 72, with 25 of those chapters (and all the omakes between Chapters 1 and 25) being available in English thanks to the efforts of what small fanbase the series had. I'd check it out more; Debby becomes one of the most pettable girls quite easily.

Anyway... In regards to her combat prowess, in Chapter 12, she had easily stomped an M. Bison parody in a fighting game, although Rokurou is more or less a novice in fighters. Fighting games aren't really the right metric to be using as they rely on a player's skills, and Rokurou isn't going to EVO any time soon; however, fighting game characters are programmed with martial arts in mind, so I guess a safe bet is to assume that a fighting game character controlled by a novice is basically like a martial artist who just got the hang of the techniques he learned.

In Chapter 30, Debby made quick work of some demons who Debby decided to pick on for the hell of it, and three of those demons made use of their best aspects. One demon used speed against her, which she managed to handle quite swiftly. Another tried stone-walling her, which Debby managed to handle once she found WHERE to hit him. The last guy just used ki blasts, which... Come on; Debby literally has ki blasts as her main ability; she calls 'em "Deb-Beams."

About the fairest fight Debby got against anyone is against Diablo in Chapter 36, which unlike any of the other demons Debby fought with up to that point, was actually able to hold her own against Debby. Experience-wise, Diablo is the Commander of the Order in Hell, so Diablo's got some military backing going for her.

Looking at Debby's hax, Debby is most likely to use her Deb-Beams, and she doesn't really need to do much but point her finger at something or someone and fire one off. Granted, most of Debby's abilities are shown when the author felt like showing one off, but still.

At the same time, there are some exploitable things about her. First of all, in Chapter 12, when Rokurou decided to use foul play against Debby in the Street Fighter parody he was playing, it was shown that Debby is pretty prone to being cheap-shotted. Again, Rokurou is no EVO player, which I can assure you would've easily handled any of Rokurou's cheap-shots. In Chapter 15, she was literally pinned down by Reizu, a demon significantly weaker than others and self-admittedly isn't much of a fighter (https://shonenjumpplus.com/episode/3269754496642203455 ). Heck, her literal response to a worm falling onto her? Literally stripping herself!: https://shonenjumpplus.com/episode/3269754496845873775

Debby also has a pretty shitty sense of danger. In Chapter 10, she was completely unaware that water makes her urinate until she was stopped dead on her tracks by her need to go to the bathroom. In Chapter 22, Debby literally peered into a fountain firework wondering why it didn't work, only to get sprayed by it. In Chapter 25, Debby ate raw meat (which isn't even made for beef tartare, btw), which I'm pretty sure would give someone salmonella and parasites. In Chapter 28, she ate fly agaric mushrooms thinking that mushrooms are always edible, and nearly died after doing so. Oh, and in Chapter 62, Debby didn't think much of a foot massage until she got nailed by one of Rui's pressure points, and it was at that point where Debby began to realize that she's basically ******. Believe me, if you gave her a bomb and told her how tasty it is, this will be Debby:

Lastly, Debby is pretty easily distracted by food. In fact, in Chapter 23, it is shown that giving her some food was basically enough to get her to temporarily not deal with her Seasonal Affective Disorder.

So yeah, she has about as much combat experience as she has exploits.

Last edited:
Well, this is gonna be a hassle. Alright, let's do this...
cracks knuckles

The series is up to Chapter 72, with 25 of those chapters (and all the omakes between Chapters 1 and 25) being available in English thanks to the efforts of what small fanbase the series had. I'd check it out more; Debby becomes one of the most pettable girls quite easily.

Anyway... In regards to her combat prowess, in Chapter 12, she had easily stomped an M. Bison parody in a fighting game, although Rokurou is more or less a novice in fighters. Fighting games aren't really the right metric to be using as they rely on a player's skills, and Rokurou isn't going to EVO any time soon; however, fighting game characters are programmed with martial arts in mind, so I guess a safe bet is to assume that a fighting game character controlled by a novice is basically like a martial artist who just got the hang of the techniques he learned.

In Chapter 30, Debby made quick work of some demons who Debby decided to pick on for the hell of it, and three of those demons made use of their best aspects. One demon used speed against her, which she managed to handle quite swiftly. Another tried stone-walling her, which Debby managed to handle once she found WHERE to hit him. The last guy just used ki blasts, which... Come on; Debby literally has ki blasts as her main ability; she calls 'em "Deb-Beams."

About the fairest fight Debby got against anyone is against Diablo in Chapter 36, which unlike any of the other demons Debby fought with up to that point, was actually able to hold her own against Debby. Experience-wise, Diablo is the Commander of the Order in Hell, so Diablo's got some military backing going for her.

Looking at Debby's hax, Debby is most likely to use her Deb-Beams, and she doesn't really need to do much but point her finger at something or someone and fire one off. Granted, most of Debby's abilities are shown when the author felt like showing one off, but still.

At the same time, there are some exploitable things about her. First of all, in Chapter 12, when Rokurou decided to use foul play against Debby in the Street Fighter parody he was playing, it was shown that Debby is pretty prone to being cheap-shotted. Again, Rokurou is no EVO player, which I can assure you would've easily handled any of Rokurou's cheap-shots. In Chapter 15, she was literally pinned down by Reizu, a demon significantly weaker than others and self-admittedly isn't much of a fighter (https://shonenjumpplus.com/episode/3269754496642203455 ). Heck, her literal response to a worm falling onto her? Literally stripping herself!: https://shonenjumpplus.com/episode/3269754496845873775

Debby also has a pretty shitty sense of danger. In Chapter 10, she was completely unaware that water makes her urinate until she was stopped dead on her tracks by her need to go to the bathroom. In Chapter 22, Debby literally peered into a fountain firework wondering why it didn't work, only to get sprayed by it. In Chapter 25, Debby ate raw meat (which isn't even made for beef tartare, btw), which I'm pretty sure would give someone salmonella and parasites. In Chapter 28, she ate fly agaric mushrooms thinking that mushrooms are always edible, and nearly died after doing so. Oh, and in Chapter 62, Debby didn't think much of a foot massage until she got nailed by one of Rui's pressure points, and it was at that point where Debby began to realize that she's basically ******. Believe me, if you gave her a bomb and told her how tasty it is, this will be Debby:

Lastly, Debby is pretty easily distracted by food. In fact, in Chapter 23, it is shown that giving her some food was basically enough to get her to temporarily not deal with her Seasonal Affective Disorder.

So yeah, she has about as much combat experience as she has exploits.

You're really making Debby sound like the type that would fall for the good ol' "I have something in my hand" trick.

Both profiles seem to be lacking some details, especially in skill and experience, hence why the detailing provided in this thread was quite useful.

Debby seems to be quite erratic, because on one hand she seemingly is competent enough to figure out how to defeat some opponents, on the other she appears to be stupid like a brick, unaware of her own ability or unable to use them properly, literally weakened by the idea of strategizing and to be prone to overestimate her capabilities (all this from her profile).
She is stronger in AP, but lacks in LS, which can be situationally relevant, and is generally important in a brawl regardless.

If Yuji in this key is actually as skilled (or potentially) as his intelligence section states, then he should be able to figure out a way to get the better of Debby and not be too unhindered by her versatiliy, which either doesn't seem to be combat-related or could be undermined by her own stupidity.

May I have more context regarding the Street Fighter parody thing? Because it shouldn't be given for granted that fictional characters are as skilled as they are supposed to be. If it's an isekai of sorts, then maybe, but if it's her fighting against a human-manned character that literally moves like it does in the game, then it's a completely different story.

Does Yuji have any experience against ranged opponents? And how likely is it for Debby to go full-Frieza and death beam him?
Also, how much stamina does Yuji actually have? Because if the battle ends up to be dragged on for more than a hour, Debby might be self-BFRd out of the human world (this always from her file).
And for how long can Debby maintain her stat boost? Because that's what makes her 9-A, and if it were to end, she'd go back to 9-B.

If it's an isekai of sorts, then maybe, but if it's her fighting against a human-manned character that literally moves like it does in the game, then it's a completely different story.
Literally Mario 64'd into the TV to fight a player-controlled M.Bison. Which needless to say, gameplay is dictated by gameplay balancing and has a whole bunch of issues like delay, moves having lag, limited options, etc.

I feel like the odds of this fight getting to an hour of length are pretty slim. Debby is about 1.53x stronger which is pretty sizeable, and while dumb as a brick she doesn't seem totally unskilled to the point of it being a disadvantage of its own. I'm sure Yuji is both more skilled and more intelligent, but I don't like to assume a character can just come up with a strategy without any knowledge and SBA does dictate she'll be trying to take him out. Granted, the whole damage boost thing he's got going on is a bit notable, and 1.5x isn't insurmountable. Not sure.

A 1.53x advantage isn't sizeable imo, especially when you consider that 7.5x is one shot territory.

It's definitely big, it's like the gap between a normal human and a martial artist.
Like it isn't 7.5, but 7.5 is a stomp.

1.5 isn't impossible to contend with though, but it is an advantage worth noting.

1.5 is far from impossible, it's where you get into the 2-3x advantage when it's worth noting.

1.5 ain't nothing crazy.

never get into an actual fight for your own good if you think being at a 1.5 disadvantage is nothing

It also depends on context.

Debby's 1.5 is noteworthy when you consider the fact that she has a range and mobility advantage she's more than willing to use against a guy who fights up close and personal like Yuji.

Yuji needs to use his skill/intelligence in order to win.

One advantage yuji has is slaughter demon, which is a knife infused with CE since it is his standard equipment (Idk why its only called "knife" tho when it has a name) And since their ap is pretty close, slashing attacks should be very effective.

As for the skill part, his intelligence justification in his profile should apply to him here, he's just naturally talented at fighting and he even says so. He showed pretty good acrobatic moves against curses which were an unfamiliar foe for him at the time, and even managed to impress megumi. He's not ridiculously skilled but should be way above an average human, in both BIQ and H2H skill.

Debby does have the range advantage but I don't think she spams her energy blasts often, she seems to be a more up close personal type of fighter (Im judging just based on what little I've seen so if this is incorrect mb). Even if she sees yuji has no way to attack her from range she's probably not smart enough to capitalize on it. Plus its not like she has danmaku or anything she seems to just blast one projectile at a time, I don't see how yuji wouldnt just be able to maneuver out of the way to get up close.

I dont know if the profiles treat this yuji as being able to use divergent fist and black flash, technically he can since he already has CE but he has never shown to do so in this key specifically so idk if that should play a part, but if it does then it should even the AP gap

1.5 is a massive advantage lol, IRL it's already a basically impossible gap to bridge, weight classes exist for a reason and the gaps between them are much smaller than that

1.5 is a massive advantage lol, IRL it's already a basically impossible gap to bridge, weight classes exist for a reason and the gaps between them are much smaller than that
Well the problem with the weight class analogy is it would be two trained fighters of usually the same tier in skill level but one has a massive strength advantage. This fight would be more similar to a professional fighter versus a bodybuilder in terms of the strength and skill gap. There's also plenty of other reasons weight class exist other than simply a strength gap, like a lighter fighter would have trouble using certain martial arts techniques against a heavier fighter with a much larger frame. So I dont think its fair to use IRL fight science in fictional battles

This isn't IRL.

Like I said, in fictional fights like this, it depends on context.

You can have a 1.5 advantage, but if you're outranged, outskilled, and dumber, then it's not a big deal.

In this case, Debby's 1.5 will be worrisome since she has range and mobility, but she's kinda dumb, and she is outskilled and outwitted here, which will be her downfall.

This isn't IRL.

Like I said, in fictional fights like this, it depends on context.
I mean, duh, but in a straight-up slugfest it's usually pretty crushing. Debby could literally just have that and it alone would be a pretty serious concern.

Well the problem with the weight class analogy is it would be two trained fighters of usually the same tier in skill level but one has a massive strength advantage. This fight would be more similar to a professional fighter versus a bodybuilder in terms of the strength and skill gap. There's also plenty of other reasons weight class exist other than simply a strength gap, like a lighter fighter would have trouble using certain martial arts techniques against a heavier fighter with a much larger frame. So I dont think its fair to use IRL fight science in fictional battles
This. There are many factors that apply in a fight other than just strength or who punches harder, or who's bigger.

You can have those advantages, but a skilled enough fighter can find ways around it.

Back