• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Crime Against the Wiki: Ikki Kurogane Vs Mami Tomoe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ricsi-viragosi said:
Yeah, I agree with that. Resisting magical mind destruction and real life brain tricks are two different things.
Is that so?

Hmm...

Then may need to make a small change to Batman. Am pretty sure he has his hypnosis stuff put down as Mind Manip.

If he can read the mind that has been moved to a soul then yes. But if he can't, no.

It's analysis rather than actual mind reading, he sees Mami protect her hair ornament over her head, and tries attacking it.

And how will he know that? What will Mami do that shows she's protecting the gem? You know that isn't common sense in a fight

Ikki would probably know she's protecting it via her stance and the way she's fighting, given his level of skill tbh.

And he could probably figure it out even if she isn't consciously fighting in a way so as to alert her weakness, but more-so protecting it subcusiosly, which may not be very obvious to most fighters.

But would be very apparent to someone like Ikki.

Edit:

Lesser skilled characters from other verses have done simiar things, I wouldn't be surprised if Ikki could do it as well, is what I'm saying.

Good point, he has to actually get a hit in, and it would have to happen to be aimed at her soul gem. Didn't he have the thing where he touched someone and learned their entire history?

He was feeling Ayase's thigh and stance in the middle of training, besides that's a fighting style not "Oh her soul is here"

Schnee One said:
He was feeling Ayase's thigh and stance in the middle of training, besides that's a fighting style not "Oh her soul is here"
It's not like he hasn't shown learning fighting styles mid battle, so that's not really a problem.

As for "her soul is there" what i believe they're saying is "Since ikki understands a stance and style down to its very principle and story he would be able to deduce from her fighting style where her soul gem is due to even unconscious movement from Mami to protect her soul gem".

>Mami sub-consciouslly protection her soul gem

This is False. Mami is unaware of the truth of the soul gem throughout the whole series except during the flashback. Her fighting style has nothing to do with her protection her soul gem, sub-conscious or not.

Ikki will have no idea about it.

It's not like he hasn't shown learning fighting styles mid battle, so that's not really a problem.

As for "her soul is there" what i believe they're saying is "Since ikki understands a stance and style down to its very principle and story he would be able to deduce from her fighting style where her soul gem is due to even unconscious movement from Mami to protect her soul gem".

Yes, though technically the important part is that the soul gem is vital to her.

Beast Zero Gudako said:
This is False. Mami is unaware of the truth of the soul gem throughout the whole series except during the flashback. Her fighting style has nothing to do with her protection her soul gem, sub-conscious or not
Okay, now you have lost me, Mami is not aware of the full truth but she is aware that her soul gem is vital to her living. She is not stupid enough to not have any consideration for it.

What I meant to say above is that Mami treats her soul gem like any part of her body, she considered them as equally important. She mostly use her agility to dodge attacks and if there is an attack she can't afford to dodge, she creates ribbon shield to protect not only her soul gem but her entire body as well.

My comment is referred to YungManzi's reply that seems to imply Mami gives special treatment to her soul gem, while in fact, she didn't and considering it and her body as equally important.

I'm still very iffy right now. Has here been any specifications on whether or not Ikki can deal with most of Mami's usual haxes? If not, Mami kinda just takes this.

Sorry, I've been kinda lull with trying to collect all the context here.

I still see no way for Ikki to win personally, because I don't really see how Earl's arguments works given Mami's physiology.

Firephoenixearl said:

I am sorry but, I am not sure how you go from understanding the reasons for a combat style to "figuring out very subtle weaknesses".

You'd need proof of that.

He could notice based on her style, her actions and stuff if she places special attention on certain body parts or tries to defend.

I mean we're talking about a guy who noticed that a girl was several times slower than what should be her peak just because her stance was a millimetre off.

And someone who will know your future actions with perfect accuracy from clashing with you.

That's irrelevant. Saying he theoritically could and showing he could are two entirely different things.

How a characater could abuse their power if they haven't shown to abuse it like this is a hard bargain sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back