• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A funny skeleton fights a depressed bridgeman

Sans after beating the entire dragon ball verse then inconning against a 10-A and losing to a 10-B

Asgore fought against humans and lived to tell the tale.

I am voting Incon both seem to have reliable feats to win and it really depends on sans dodging skills.
That's a feat of being able to win against people stronger than you, which Kaladin also does a lot from what little I read when looking for the regen feat initially. Legit imo, Kaladin pretty much can do everything Frisk does, but with a better dodging feat on top, which gets cancelled out by Sans' instinctive reactions.

So yeah, honestly, it seems like an Incon all in all.

Edit: Actually... @PapiSavitar5025 can Syl attack on her own?

Any particular skill feat the Fused have?
They vary. But one Kaladin has notably fought, Raboniel, is so good with her Lashings she can easily weave through an entire town of buildings and people alike. Superman and Zod's fight in Man of Steel is a good comparison to how they both flew through it.
She's also had thousands of years fighting opponents similar to Kaladin, and yet Kaladin has not only earned her respect, but killed her on multiple occasions.

They vary. But one Kaladin has notably fought, Raboniel, is so good with her Lashings she can easily weave through an entire town of buildings and people alike. Superman and Zod's fight in Man of Steel is a good comparison to how they both flew through it.
She's also had thousands of years fighting opponents similar to Kaladin, and yet Kaladin has not only earned her respect, but killed her on multiple occasions.
Mmmm. If Syl can attack, I will straight change my vote to Kaladin.

Edit: Actually... @PapiSavitar5025 can Syl attack on her own?
Yes, but that wouldn't be as useful as you're letting on. See, Syl BECOMES his weapons; no Syl, no Shardspear or Shield.
However, if Kaladin can last long enough, she can actually TRIP Sans (Sans also wouldn't be able to perceive her unless she lets him) but it isn't something in-character.
She can, and will, however warn him of incoming danger.

Since he doesnt have instictive abilities how does he deal with attacks from the below? Reaction speed doesnt matter if you are caught off guard

Since he doesnt have instictive abilities how does he deal with attacks from the below? Reaction speed doesnt matter if you are caught off guard
You're assuming he would be caught off guard in the first place. Syl helps there.

But yeah, I'll remain with incon since Syl can't actually do enough in terms of offense to fully support Kaladin.

You don't need omniscience for that. She can have her attention completely free while Kaladin fights on.

Besides, even if, it's not like the attacks are fast enough (again) to kill before he regens.

I would also argue he has enough skill to avoid it anyway while still fighting on against Sans.

Sorry, but I'm currently at school; I'll post some counter arguments and answer questions when I'm home (it's 9 AM rn, school gets out at 4 PM)

Can I see when he regenerates his souls HP against attacks that can kill him under a second?
"As always, the Shardblade killed oddly; though it cut easily through stone, steel, or anything inanimate, the metal fuzzed when it touched living skin. It traveled through the guard's neck without leaving a mark, but once it did, the man's eyes smoked and burned. They blackened, shriveling in in his head, and he slumped forward, dead. A Shardblade did not cut living flesh; it severed the soul itself."
(Way of Kings, page 25)

"If the Blade touched a man's spine, he died, eyes burning. If it cut through the core of a limb, it killed that limb. One soldier stumbled away from Szeth, arm flopping uselessly on his shoulder. He would never be able to feel it or use it again."
(WoK, 28)

In Words of Radiance, there is a group of Knights Radiants capable of something called 'Regrowth'. I don't have the necessary pages on hand at the moment, but basically it allows them to heal others; whether by normal wounds or Shardblade ones.

Here the author, Brandon Sanderson, stated that regular healing is more efficient than even Regrowth. Pages in the new recently book, Rhythm of War, even support this; as Knights heal old scars, whereas Regrowth can't.

Because he's also faster than Frisk, mate. He does not have that luxury here.

Also, what outskill, lol? He didn't handle Frisk in hand to hand. He's incredibly intelligent and knows how to exploit his powers to the fullest. But Kaladin, again, has fought more experienced opponents, has fought multiple of them at once, and his actual combat feats are better (mofo dodged a hailstorm of arrows according to Savitar, also noted on the profile).
For some context in the arrow feats, he's fighting a group of people called the Parshendi; and he's absolutely disrespecting them here. His goal is to draw fire from his men, so what he did is cut off the carapace and gather bones from deceased Parshendi, and is wearing them like armor--so the archers are absolutely BLOODLUSTED here.

"Arrows flew at him. Dozens of them. They weren't fired in careful waves. They flew individually, rapidly, wildly, each archer loosing at Kaladin as quickly as he could. A swarm of death bore down on him."

Pulse racing, Kaladin ducked to the left, leaping off a small outcropping. Arrows sliced the air around him, dangerously close. But while infused with Stormlight, his muscles reacted quickly. He dodged between arrows, then turned into the other direction, moving erratically."
(WoK, 870)

"Kalading spun between arrows, slapping them away with his shield. A storm raged inside him, as if his blood had been sucked away and replaced with stormwinds. It made his fingertips tingle with energy. Ahead, the Parshendi sang their angry, chanting song. The song for one who blasphemed against their dead."
(WoK, 896)

Oh. Yeah. He can fly.

"Beneath, dark chasms passed one after another. Plateau. Pit. Plateau. Pit. This sensation... Flying over the land... he had felt this before, in dreams. What took bridgemen hours to cross, passed in minutes. He felt as if something were boosting him from behind, the wind itself carrying him. Syl zipped along to his right."
(Words of Radiance, 611)

Here's some skill feats.

"I could have beaten him," Kaladin continued. "I probably could have beaten all four of them. I've always been good with the spear. No, not good. Durk called me amazing. A natural born soldier, an artist with the spear."
(WoK, 604)

"An then he was there. Squadleader. Stormblessed. Kaladin's spear came out as if from nowhere, narrowly deflecting the blow that was to have killed Cenn. Kaladin set himself in front of Cenn, alone, facing down six spearmen. He didn't flinch. He charged. It happened so quickly. Kaladin swept the feet beneath the first man who had stabbed Cenn. Even as that man fell, Kaladin reached up and flipped a knife from the sheaths tied around his spear. His hand snapped, knife flashing and hitting the thigh of a second foe. That men fell to one knee, screaming. A third man froze, looking at his fallen allies. Kaladin shoved past a wounded enemy and slammed his spear into the gut of the third man. A fourth man fell to the knife to the eye. When did Kaladin grab that knife? He spun between the last two, his spear a blur, wielding it like a quarterstaff. For a moment, Cenn could see something surrounding the Squad Leader. A warping in the air become visible. I've lost a lot of blood. It's flowing out so quickly... Kaladin spun, knocking aside attacks, and the last two spearmen fell with gurgles that Cenn thought sounded like surprise."
(WoK, 49)

I'm still working out my thoughts on all this, since there's a lot of discussion to read through, where are we at on this?

My initial thoughts is that as long as Kaladin lives through Sans' ranged attacks and gets in close enough (I reckon he could, though with difficulty), he has the skill and speed to take out Sans. I've seen telekinesis brought up a couple of times here and I feel the need to point out Kaladin's skill with fighting against gravity manipulation.

Also, is there any world where the fight lasts long enough for Kaladin to run out of Stormlight? Because while he can heal soul damage and major injuries, it does burn a fair amount of his energy. Regenerating against Sans' attacks and KR would be pretty draining on him.

Also, is there any world where the fight lasts long enough for Kaladin to run out of Stormlight? Because while he can heal soul damage and major injuries, it does burn a fair amount of his energy. Regenerating against Sans' attacks and KR would be pretty draining on him.
There most definitely is--10 minutes of standard burning Stormlight could drain away quickly if Kaladin just sits there and lets attacks pass through him, but Kaladin might not even get hit in the first place; he's going to be Lashing himself this way and that, dodging bones or forcing them to either fly into the wall or into his Shardshield--or just parrying them with his Shardspear.

But any hit inflicted on Kaladin only speeds up how quickly he needs to end the fight. 10 Minutes is how long Sans' fight lasts normally--aka that's how long it takes to tire him out. Kaladin would have to be even more unrelentless than Frisk was.

Then I think Kaladin wins. Unless I'm mistaken, Sans doesn't have the AP to one shot him and while his ranged attacks would prove for a good challenge, I think Kaladin wins mid/high diff.

Then I think Kaladin wins. Unless I'm mistaken, Sans doesn't have the AP to one shot him and while his ranged attacks would prove for a good challenge, I think Kaladin wins mid/high diff.
Sans atomizes wtf are you talking about? Theres like a 600x advantage

Last edited:
There most definitely is--10 minutes of standard burning Stormlight could drain away quickly if Kaladin just sits there and lets attacks pass through him, but Kaladin might not even get hit in the first place; he's going to be Lashing himself this way and that, dodging bones or forcing them to either fly into the wall or into his Shardshield--or just parrying them with his Shardspear.

But any hit inflicted on Kaladin only speeds up how quickly he needs to end the fight. 10 Minutes is how long Sans' fight lasts normally--aka that's how long it takes to tire him out. Kaladin would have to be even more unrelentless than Frisk was.
Sans attacks all one shot and atomize.

How does a 9-A to 9-B matchup 'atomize anything'? Kaladin has a shield that can block attacks that he normally couldn't tank, and if Kaladin is at all comparable to Frisk (I'm not familiar with proper Undertale scaling) then none of Sans' attacks are 1-shots.

How does a 9-A to 9-B matchup 'atomize anything'?
Sans downscales to 99 600 000 joules while he seems to scale to 15 000 joules.
Sans has like 6640x advantage he atomizes and wins
Kaladin has a shield that can block attacks that he normally couldn't tank
6000x damage? Nah.
if Kaladin is at all comparable to Frisk (I'm not familiar with proper Undertale scaling) then none of Sans' attacks are 1-shots.
No.

That's... Not how Sans' attacks even work; what is he doing that's going to atomize him? Slam him into a wall with Telekinesis? I'm pretty sure that's not how that works--even then, it'd be damage Kaladin could heal from.
Sans' weapons aren't going to break through his Shardweapons anytime soon; A High 8-C weapon can only chip them.

That's... Not how Sans' attacks even work; what is he doing that's going to atomize him? Slam him into a wall with Telekinesis? I'm pretty sure that's not how that works--even then, it'd be damage Kaladin could heal from.
Sans has 6000x advantage on ALL his magic. A single bone atomizes
Sans' weapons aren't going to break through his Shardweapons anytime soon; A High 8-C weapon can only chip them.
Hence incon

Back