• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A minor adjustment in 2-A range

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImmortalDread

Call me Dread
Username Only
VS Battles
Retired
Thread creation granted by @Planck69

Premise​

Nothing serious-alert, nothing complicated. I am only trying to fix the wording here to maintain accuracy.
"For abilities such as Fate Manipulation and Precognition or those similar to qualify for Universal+ range, they should have feats or statements that confirm their ability to affect a 4-dimensional space-time continuums in its entirety. Likewise, the same applies for higher tiers and the corresponding structures one would need to affect to qualify for their range."
range page
The bolded part here is an issue.

This note is applicable to fate manipulation, as you fundamentally need to affect fate within that range. However, the ability of “Precognition” is not meant to affect anything; it is meant to foresee multiple futures. So, in essence, this ability is not designed to influence any structure but simply to view the future within a certain range.

I suppose making it clearer would work. Something like this?

"For abilities such as Precognition, Clairvoyance, and those similar to qualify for Universal+ range or similar, they should have feats and statements that confirm their ability to perceive the entirety of a 4-dimensional space-time continuum. The same applies for higher tiers and the corresponding structures one would need to perceive in order to qualify for their range. The same applies for Fate Manipulation in that one would need to prove the ability to affect such structures in their entirety."

And it can be adjusted from here.

Mhm,

I am not sure how to suggest further improvement, but the phrase "entirety of a 4-dimensional space-time continuum" essentially means that the user is required to have the ability to see into the past. This aspect is not suggested by the ability description.

Unless you are suggesting, he simply requires foreseeing entire multiple timelines, then I am in the same boat.

"For abilities such as Precognition, and those similar, to qualify for Universal+ range or similar, they should have feats and statements that confirm their ability to perceive the entirety of a 4-dimensional space-time continuum's future. The same applies for higher tiers and the corresponding structures one would need to perceive in order to qualify for their range. The same applies for Fate Manipulation in that one would need to prove the ability to affect such structures in their entirety."

Something like this?

Oh yeah. Almost forgot

@Antvasima @SamanPatou @Maverick_Zero_X @DontTalkDT @Ultima_Reality @Abstractions @Damage3245 @Crabwhale

I think I got a good amount approval for a minor thread.

Anyone would be kind to unlock the range page and apply the changes?

I think I got a good amount approval for a minor thread.

Anyone would be kind to unlock the range page and apply the changes?
Done. I'll get this closed.

I tried to make some minor wording improvements. 🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back