• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's Gemmysaur's reply on how RbD works:

>Victory conditions:

Death, BFR, permanent incapacitation. For BFR a character has lost if he can not return in one month. Permanent incapacitation is reached if the opponent ends up in a state in which he can not harm the other fighter for a month, without the other fighter actively participating in keeping him like that.

Won't this mean Return by Death is useless? Since death is a means to win, and Subaru actually dies before RbD activates.

Imao, other characters have similar abilities and I never hear such kind of argument.

Why not?.

>Victory conditions:

Death, BFR, permanent incapacitation. For BFR a character has lost if he can not return in one month. Permanent incapacitation is reached if the opponent ends up in a state in which he can not harm the other fighter for a month, without the other fighter actively participating in keeping him like that.

If he dies, then he loses, regardless of RbD

Then why Frisk can use his save and load?, he needs to die in order to use his ability, second subaru's durability is vastly higher than the Zombies, wall level is great gap, so I doubt that speedwagon can kill damage subaru in first place.

If that's so, then why Frisk's page doesn't say anything about it? From what I'm seeing, he can perform Time Travel regardless of him dying.

No, Frisk can't use save and load without dying, only Omega Flowey can.

Also, Subaru defeats Garfiel by unconsciously using an invisible hand, and he can stop the heart of Emilia using it.

I don't see how speedwagon winning this, subaru is potentially stronger than him, and even if speedwagon is winning the fight, subaru can use the unseen hands to defeat speedwagon, is a little out of character, but he demostrate to be able to use it if he has no other option, and subaru still have his RbD.

Seeing how flawed and messed up this match is, I think we should stop this right there and close/remove this thread without adding any results.

People are saying Speedwagon FRA, yet no one has addressed how Speedwagon gets around being phased through, the invisible providence has being used by Subaru before to stop peoples hearts and hurt people with higher durability than him like Garfiel and Elsa if i remember correctly, as already being pointed out, so no Speedwagon doesn't win FRA.

@Celestial Pegasus I want to ask if Subaru can use Return by Death in combat or not?.

RBD allows him to return from death, and thing is he uses the knowledge he has gained from that to solve whatever situation he is in, the ability basically has no limitations to how many times he can come back from death.

Speedwagon would lose if RBD is a factor here cause he would just keep coming back and know all the moves Speedwagon is going to do like what he did against Elsa in that one what if story, albeit it was pis why a non trained Subaru could beat Elsa but since Speedwagon is on his level, it should apply.

If abilities like save and load are allowed in vs matches, then rbd should be allowed.

Don't know, should i close it? Looked at from another way this could be seen as a stomp though if i think about it, subaru is probably a stronger 9-B, has an ability which can harm significantly stronger people than himself, and in addition can't permanently die and will use the knowledge gained from his deaths to beat his opponents, seems like a stomp.

Yep looks like a stomp, I wonder why so many people vote for speedwagon via intelligence, like wtf.

Don't know, cause with rbd subaru will have all the "intelligence" on speedwagon and know all his moves and what not and how to counter them, just a matter of trial and error, like in a video game where you have unlimited lives.

If RBD is not disabled Subaru stomps.

Not sure how it would go if RBD is disabled, it looks like a pretty close fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back