• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A new potential administrator? (STAFF ONLY)

I meant no offense to any of our staff members, and greatly appreciate all of their work to quickly and efficiently get rid of the trolls.

I just thought that it would be useful with an extra set of experienced hands, especially if she can provide insights regarding how the rest of us can even more efficiently deal with the trolls.

@Love Robin

You don't need to fight trolls alone. You have the help from all our staff team, which consists of 60+ members, including 24 admins. Our fellow people are experienced with the troll attacks, and the countless years of experience have only strengthened our teamwork and connection. Remember, you definitely have our help and backup.

@everyone

Will it be fine if we'll give her a trial period as an administrator?

However, I think that the trolls mainly use any angle of attack that they can. It isn't like they attack this wiki mainly because I and some other members are autistic.

Skalt711 said:
Will it be fine if we'll give her a trial period as an administrator?
It depends on what Promestein thinks. It is up to the bureaucrats to make final evaluations regarding who we promote. I am not authorised to just overrule her, and it would be terrible form on my part.

@Robin

Just to be sure, and I don't know if you know, but the trolls who attack this wiki are not normal trolls. If you're targeted, it won't be restricted to this platform or across FANDOM. You might be constantly harassed, doxxed and your name might be used across the internet which might include uploading **** videos in your name. Obviously Ant can tell you in detail.

Honestly, I don't see why such a fuss must be made out of this: an experinced person wants to help out of good will alone. And we're denying her on basis of "we don't need anymore"?

Seems a bit rude and arrogant to me: "professional" help is always appreaciated in my book. We shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

@Crabwhale

No problem at all.

All the thoughts and comments in this thread are perfectly normal. Especially concerning a relative stranger who might appear as only wanting to "jump the line" to a promotion. Nothing taken personally.

Rest assured, any of your bureaucrats can demote me at anytime. Although a simple consensus of administration to "please leave" will ever be enough.

It's appealing to see an outsider Fandom user who is experienced in her area and willing to help us. I've had attempts to invite a few outsider Fandom users who barely know how the wiki works, but are professionals in their respective areas, to this wiki. We shouldn't stop moving this way.

Next step might be a wiki programmer who knows a lot about wiki programming so we could make more and more scripts to improve the wiki. I have basic knowledge in that area, as I've made a few templates that can add certain categories to pages automatically depending on the value you insert into one or another section, but my skills are not good enough to do manually everything. I'm not implying anything, but such a large wiki like this should have more technical staff.

Promestein said:
It's very nice of her but I think you've been overstating the troll issue. It ebbs and flows. I don't think we need to bring in more and more staff to deal with it. We've been dealing with it just fine.
I definitely agree this troll issue has been overstated and exaggerated. However there still is an issue and if an experienced member is kind enough to offer their time to try and help with it, I certainly wouldn't want to stop them. It absolutely does no harm to have an extra person helping out.

I agree with Ryu's take. Given that they're already a councilor trust isn't really that big a problem. If she's offering to do it just to help out I don't really see the issue in accepting it.

AKM sama said:
@Robin

Just to be sure, and I don't know if you know, but the trolls who attack this wiki are not normal trolls. If you're targeted, it won't be restricted to this platform or across FANDOM. You might be constantly harassed, doxxed and your name might be used across the internet which might include uploading **** videos in your name.
Figger I should address this.

Thanks, but I actually have an internet rep already. I admin, mod, betatest with/for quite a few sites, and even if I don't, I know many of their staff. Being attached to **** is not an issue for me as I also write and contribute heavily to a few **** flash games. Watashi wa hentai desu!

They can't hurt me or my rep.

@Promestein

What do you think? Should we give this a chance? As others have mentioned, we could just remove the admin position if it does not work out.

Well, I am usually bombarded with the brunt of dealing with the trolls, and we have banned thousands of their accounts at this point, so I admittedly consider them a more serious problem than most other staff members.

Anyway, thank you for the input.

I am fine with the proposal since trust doesn't seems to be an issue since @Love Robin and while the troll issues is not as serious, a helping hand is welcome.

I do think if we, in general, think a helping hand from a trustworthy members is enough to become a staff within good reasons that additional staff appointment rules might need to be changed but I think it is topic for another staff thread.

@Elizhaa

I do not think that we should change our rules. I just wonder if the rest of you would consider it acceptable to make an exception in this case, on a trial basis.

Okay, I have no problem with an exception to our rule and I will fine if no changes are made to our rule. The case by case basis is fine, to me.

Just out of curiosity why does someone reputable not to mention whos a higher-up of our hosting want to help out with this particular site, is there some thing appealing or stuff she finds of interest with our content┬┐

She is just nice enough to offer help, as she has experience with these types of situations. She was apparently appointed to a councilor position for good reasons.

We were all hanging out in the Hall of Council welcoming Antvasima to his place at the Roundish Table. He curtailed us with his tails of whoah! at the fangs of Trolls and Vandals.

I mentioned how I've slain such critterizers before and I could poptart over and help if he'd wishith.

He approached me the next day and axed iffen I was Sirius, and hear wee are!

There were lots of troll accounts attacking recently, so I found some VSTF and Fandom staff members to ask for help more quickly than previously, and Love Robin also offered to help us out.

Not unless Promestein thinks that it seems to be a good idea. We don't promote anybody unless there is a consensus among the bureaucrats. It would be a massive breach of protocol.

Also, the trolls seem to have calmed down at the moment, and we will promote more staff members soon, so maybe it would be better if Love Robin simply gives our current staff information about how we can turn more efficient?

Back