• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Updating our wiki's striking strength naming conventions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting up again before I go to work. Will say when I'm done and how many I got done.

Thanks again for all of your massive help. 🙏 🙂

Okay.

If you go here to ask for help from Kirkburn (place "Question for Kirkburn:" in the title of the request message) and link to my post here to show that I sent you, you should probably be able to receive help and information swifter if you ask for it.

Okay. That is good then. I thought that it had stopped functioning for you or somesuch.

We're down to 9,998 left. I'll finish this on Monday, probably, maybe. Tuesday if not.

I'm sorry if any issues crop up; I think this might also hit Lifting Strength but I suppose that's not the biggest deal, not many people have Galactic or Universal LS

Yes. Thanks a massive lot for the help.

During your wiki editing work in the coming months that is.

Thank you. It is extremely appreciated.

I left a Discord message to you earlier regarding if it is realistically possible to add bold text markers to all of our current standard values for Intelligence, Stamina, and Range statistics as well, for the sake of consistency in our wiki, but there is obviously no hurry at all if it is realistically possible and you are willing to do so. Please enjoy the holidays as much as possible. 🎅☃️🎄✨🎉❤️🙏

I left a Discord message to you earlier regarding if it is realistically possible to add bold text markers to all of our current standard values for Intelligence, Stamina, and Range statistics as well, for the sake of consistency in our wiki, but there is obviously no hurry at all if it is realistically possible and you are willing to do so. Please enjoy the holidays as much as possible. 🎅☃️🎄✨🎉❤️🙏
Obligatory not staff but, for intelligence and stamina at least, I feel like those should not have bold markers, since unlike Tier, AP, Speed, Dura, and LS, Stamina and Intelligence do not really have concrete "levels" with defined boundaries, and putting those in bold would draw attention away from the explanation/context part of the Stamina and Intelligence sections, which should be prioritized over any actual label tacked onto it.

Unlike Class 50 vs. Class 25, someone being "Gifted" rather than "Genius" doesn't actually tell you anything about their intelligence beyond that they're really smart. Whether someone's stamina is "Athletic Human" or "Peak Human" is less important than knowing that they can fight for six hours before stopping.

(And then range isn't in bold despite well defined levels because it'd look weird if it was bolded after the previous two statistics weren't)

Also there's practical reasons like how people don't follow the labels for Intelligence, Stamina, and Range anywhere near as closely as for AP, Speed, LS, Dura, etc- so catching all the "Dozens of kilometers", "Several meters", "Very High", and other ones are gonna have to be done manually.

Range changes will prolly be the hardest to deal with, since that one is so wildly varied. The main stuff not involving meter/kilometer values like "Standard melee range", "Extended melee range" or "Planetary" range and the like would be effortless to pull off, but anything not that will be a bitch to handle.

All of those statistics types do in fact have mostly set official defined levels/degrees of separation at this point, and it looks very odd/inconsistent/unprofessional for our visitors that we only use bold text for some statistics sections, so I would personally greatly prefer bold text for them as well if it is realistically possible to apply.

In any case, as you noted yourself, only our staff are supposed to give input about extremely important changes that affect our entire wiki, such as this one, so there should be no more comments from regular members about this topic here please. Thanks in advance for following our rules.

Range changes will prolly be the hardest to deal with, since that one is so wildly varied. The main stuff not involving meter/kilometer values like "Standard melee range", "Extended melee range" or "Planetary" range and the like would be effortless to pull off, but anything not that will be a bitch to handle.
Yes, and Stamina ratings are still often listed as just "High" or "Very High", for example, but the automated changes would only affect the ratings that have been accurately worded (although recurrently not with the first letters capitalised). We would have to handle the rest gradually afterwards, which is perfectly fine as I perceive it.

Yes, and Stamina ratings are still often listed as just "High" or "Very High", for example, but the automated changes would only affect the ratings that have been accurately worded (although recurrently not with the first letters capitalised). We would have to handle the rest gradually afterwards, which is perfectly fine as I perceive it.
Haven't Stamina ratings completely ditched those entirely?

Also there's practical reasons like how people don't follow the labels for Intelligence, Stamina, and Range anywhere near as closely as for AP, Speed, LS, Dura, etc- so catching all the "Dozens of kilometers", "Several meters", "Very High", and other ones are gonna have to be done manually.
Unlike the term "Dozens of Kilometers" or "Very High", "Several Meters" is actually a term on the Range page, so if you see one, don't convert it into something else. Unless you see "Several meters", then convert it into "Several Meters" so it follows proper capitalization.

Bump, there are two things.
  1. Promestein handled most of the changes, but bots aren't perfect, and she still missed a non-trivial amount of stuff that Dereck03 is cleaning up manually. A few days ago, I did a wiki search for remaining non-updated SS names to help him, which needs to be completed before this thread can be closed.
  2. The Stamina, Range, and Intelligence thing probably needs its own thread and a separate initiative to go through, though I'm in favor of it.

Progress report: Butler has already finished as much as practically possible, and while it's likely there's still some stuff remaining, it's impractical to demand perfection when our queries are so flawed, and I believe the remnants are insubstantial enough to consider this project completed. Should we close this thread?

Progress report: Butler has already finished as much as practically possible, and while it's likely there's still some stuff remaining, it's impractical to demand perfection when our queries are so flawed, and I believe the remnants are insubstantial enough to consider this project completed. Should we close this thread?
Bump.

I am fine with if we close this thread if @Just_a_Random_Butler agrees.

I am fine with if we close this thread if @Just_a_Random_Butler agrees.
I am fine with its closure.

Given the current circumstances, it may not be practical for me to search for outdated SS values, considering the identical names/terminologies used in the range section, especially the most used ones. Then there's also the limitations to Google queries and the number of search results they can provide.

So, instead, I will just periodically conduct patrols to address any the remaining outdated statistics. If I ever see one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back