• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A new regulation about rendering images?

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
DarkLK contacted me in private about that we should only allow rendering of images in which the character's full body is seen, as othervise the image looks bad in comparison.

What do the rest of you think?

Okay. Thank you for the input.

Well it should take precedent but if there's no other way, (aka the pictures for full body renders having awful quality) then we should at least try to get a good quality render out of the deal.

This should maybe be a case by case thing?

Okay. It seems like the staff wants us to gauge on a case-by-case basis then?

Hmm. I think that DarkLK may have a point there.

It's probably because using a half-body render without a background to show for it makes the character stick out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the profile page. Keeping the background makes the said character blend into the environment he/she is in that specific image.

It's probably a design specific thing, but I am not sure.

That said, if you do have a full body crop of said character, that would be fine to use as a render. The background would probably be redundant in this case.

I'm with Prom and Aizen here. I don't think there's really not that much of a issue to have a rule on this.

But Prom does have a point in at least pointing out any bad renders and replacing it with a better one.

Okay, so how do you think that we should go about applying Promestein's suggestion? Should we make a new request thread for this, and link to it in the navigation bar, or just mention it somewhere in the regulation pages?

Back