• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Suggestion I'd Like To Implement

I always liked this idea. I've been thinking about it for awhile but never proposed it. I'm all for it, personally.

Because the community is terrible in terms of "versatility", that's why.

Aside from that, even i have to agree that we can't force people to partake in other versus discussions that they may not like.

As for the idea, i'm pretty neutral about it so whatever floats y'alls boat on that one here...

I'm neutral on this topic. But I'd love to see some rarely used character be the center of attention for once. The amount of Goku, Erza, Ryuko, Gilgamesh, etc matches are crazy. But like they said above, we overall cannot force someone to comment somewhere. But we can lure them to a fight.

I still think people, even though this is technically not a versus debating communte primarily, just really hate the idea of using other people and just go with the common meta of their own here.

I still fail to see what makes this part of the community interesting. To me, the only thing that's interesting so far currently is just making profiles and making some crack jokes here and there as well as making comments on calc blogs of interest.

Seriously if people want to have matches being added, maybe they should start getting on a new trend instead of being on an old one for months. Oh but hey, nobody listens to this ************ here (me) and his thoughts of this cause they're either afraid of me or just don't want to deal with the truth of this place.

I can tell what you guys think of me now, btw...

Anyways aside from proving that all of you don't listen to me, what now then?

I don't have a problem with what you said honestly.(Not brown nosing either) I'm more neutral on this whole deal. We are a indexing wiki and as such our most notable attraction is our files.(Something I really like doing.) Battles are just a fun pass time.

@Cross. I understand ya, dude...

Even when I use popular verses, in which I do a lot, I try to use lesser characters.

For example, I make A LOT of Pokemon matches, but I've been making matches for people like Muk or Houndoom, instead of Mewtwo, Rayquaza, or Dialga. I've made matches with Erza, but I put her against people like that girl from Freezing, and Zelda. I used a Nasuverse character, but it was Kingprotea and I put her against Kirby. I use Digimon, but I use the ones that aren't RKs or Zeed, and if I do, I'm putting them against 1-As that have avatars all colors of the rainbow like Oblivion and Nya.

I'm also of the same with Ever.

As i tell people this, i don't like it if people come to me on it. But i possibly MIGHT comment it if it's of my own interest.

Putting that last bit out there in case those who've been here for a while that knows me still haven't gotten that to their heads...

Let me make something perfectly clear. This isn't just a vs thread thing (using popular characters) it's a thread thing in general. Content Revisions suffer from the same problem. So do certain Staff Threads or other types of discussions. DBS upgrades will always be the most commented on threads, same with Pokemon, while a much less popular verse won't have that luxury. Look at The Elder Scrolls? Without Sheoth the verse is dead in terms of revisions.

Vs matches may be our biggest attraction but I've seem many people, both regulars and staff, get upset simply because their vs threads don't get any traction. Some people come to chat and would advertise their thread, which is fine, but when done in excess (every 5-10 minutes) it gets annoying. People are also far too impatient, bumping vs matches by the hour (and for me, an hour can fly by just like that). While I don't dislike the idea of Matchup Wednesday. I see a problem with vs threads being highlighted for reasons Antvasima and Ryukama already covered.

I'd like to say that vs matches used to be very big here. They started dying off slowly but surely after I complained about speedblitzes.

@Sera

We already came to a conclusion on that in a previous thread, heck, you were in agreement that some verses are just naturally more popular and are obviously going to get more attention.

@Ever

What I'm saying is this is a "problem" we just gotta deal with.

If selecting a match is a problem due to people getting upset about their thread not being chosen, just do it at random..

Alright then, if you people consider a highlight once every two weeks a "clog", I'm just scrapping the idea altogether.

@Ever

How so? I mean, if you assigned like a number to threads then popped them into a online thinga-ma-bob that selects a number at random, isn't that fair?

@Scarlet

A highlight once every two week isn't a clog. It's just with other threads likely being highlighted, people are gonna have to deal with seeing the same threads over and over again until they either A. click on it or B. mark all as read, which marks the other threads as well.

VenomElite said:
A highlight once every two week isn't a clog. It's just with other threads likely being highlighted, people are gonna have to deal with seeing the same threads over and over again until they either A. click on it or B. mark all as read, which marks the other threads as well.
And doesn't this stay true about other highlighted threads as well? Do you think all users care about all highlighted threads? If someone is not interested, they mark it as read or click and close, and move on. Is it that hard to do that?

In fact, why don't we open a highlighted poll to all users. If they like the idea we implement it, if not then we don't.

I suppose that a poll thread might be an idea, although I am not sure how to create one.

Like this:

Question

Poll 1

Poll 2

Poll 3

The poll was created at 18:40 on July 17, 2017, and so far 4 people voted.
Please wait, submitting your vote...

Huh. The idea sounds good on paper, but not many people are gonna comment on obscure profiles, especially when there's lacking info on one or both sides (e.g. X game character has Y skill listed on his profile, but it does not state how it's activated, how far it can reach, etc.)

Interest is one thing. Knowledge is another thing entirely, and knowledge, if people have them with regards to certain topics will make them more confident in commenting on those threads.

I can't say I speak for everyone when I say I have little knowledge for most profiles on the wiki, even the known ones like all those listed in the Featured Characters I and half of those listed in Featured Characters II.

I'm neutral on this.

Obviously we will not be using obscure profiles. Unless the profile is well structured and explained, I don't see a reason to use them.

Apparently the polls in our Wikia are busted and not working, so if we're gonna do a poll we're better off using Strawpoll.

No one is forcing anyone to reply to anything. It's just an incentive to try and get people interested.

And it's because they are less popular than we should try and encourage them, otherwise the boards will become stale (they already are). If a product isn't selling well, you do discounts and advertisements for it don't you?

Highlighting a thread doesn't do much if the person isn't interested. If I see a thread on two characters I don't care about, I won't care even if directed to it.

Like YouTube showing me unskippable 30 second ads for Atomic Blonde doesn't make me any more interested in seeing the movie.

Back