• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Notable Real Life/Folklore animals

Recently my Gustave page was deleted, and then Two-Toed Tom was as well after having a discussion with an admin. Their reasoning was that real life individuals, whether they be a person or an animal, do not belong on the wiki. But when I checked the rules about 3 times, it only states about real people due to the legal ramifications and inappropriateness of discussing real people killing eachother. Why should this affect animals as well? The reasoning they gave for this was that notable animals wouldn't veer too far from their standard counterparts anyway. But in this case it doesn't apply, as Two-Toed Tom had 9-A feats, which is way out of range for an alligator, and Gustave, while still limited to 9-B, is much higher within the tier as he preys on hippos with ease and tanked machine gun bullets, which is normally extremely dangerous or even lethal for normal crocodiles. As well as Gustave having many other notable traits uncharacteristic of normal crocodilians.

I believe that notable/mythologized animals shouldn't have to follow our real life individual rule for humans, since they can have feats normally unachievable by other members of their species, aren't affected by legal ramifications as they are animals and do not lead to inappropriate scenarios for the same reasons they don't involve legal dilemmas.

I think from the Editing Rules that the real world animal profiles would not be excepted The Editing Rules stated no real characters but only fictional character and the only exceptions would animal for the The Real World Verse:

• The VS Battles Wiki is, first and foremost, a fictional character indexing site. All featured characters in our profiles should originate within actual stories, from notable or popular works. A story includes a plot, a fictional setting, and having a defined canon. At the very least, the setting should be entirely fictional in nature, with no true bearing over the real world.
  • The only exception to these rules is Real Life, which serves as more of a reference for feats and common weapons, events, and animals, rather than being an actual verse.

Mythologized animals' profile, in general, I believe would be allowed since the setting is fictional which would be meet wiki guideline for fictional characters.

Ryukama said:
What Elizhaa said
I did change it a minute ago to be specific for real animals' profile that don't follow our Real World standard, @Ryukama.

Standard real life animals are allowed for reference, but not notable ones? Gustave is not your typical crocodile, so regular Nile crocs shouldn't scale to his feats, but he should be notable enough to warrant his own page; it could also be argued that he is a folklore beast, considering most of his feats are considered impossible for other crocs and he is highly mythologized by the Burundian people.

Also Two-Toed Tom is mostly a folklore animal as it isn't likely that the real Two-Toed Tom could survive Small Building level dynamite attacks, or that he is a demon or possessed by one.

@Anttron224, our wiki is meant for fictional characters only. The exception are just standard real life animals from the real world, yes.

Two-Toed Tom might qualify from our standards as a fictional or mythologized animals' profile, as folklore.

Anttron224 said:
But most of his feats are Burundian folklore
A profile for the Burundian folklore would be acceptable within our wiki standard but not for a real-world profile, @Anttron224.

I think this point will be my last comment on this thread today as I must do something IRL.

You are welcome to contact another staff like Administrators for additional inputs in the discussion.

Back