• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About W. D. Gaster

From what i've seen on his profile, W. D. Gaster, he has the ability to warp reality at his will. Since he technically doesnt exist, can any of the characters even touch him at all?

Also, due to the stats in the game, he is stated to be far above God Flowey so should he also be ranked Tier 2-A as well?

Lastly, we all know that Asriel is the most powerful being in the UT verse, but with the introduction of Doctor Gaster, is Asriel weaker than Gaster or is Gaster is above God Flowey but is still infinitely dwarf in power by Asriel?

Gaster's "not existing" is potentially a double edged sword. Technically nothing in the verse can do anything to him, but we don't know if he can do anything to it, as well. His ingame stats seem to put him above God Flowey, but...well, his fight doesn't even exist yet (if it ever will), meaning they might not even be finalized.

I don't think Asriel could do anything to Gaster. Likewise, I don't know if Gaster could do anything to Asriel.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Whoops, i forgot about Annoying Dog AKA Toby Fox.

Heh, still proud that my fav character is still the strongest behind AD XD

Anyway, thx a infinity Azzy, my mindless creature of destruction and creation friend

Last time I checked, we don't know anything about him besides he just exists, even the sprite we have as his image has never been confirmed to be Gaster, just an encounter in the code of the game. And we have a page on him? This seems like a major assumption to me.

LegitimatePotato said:
Last time I checked, we don't know anything about him besides he just exists, even the sprite we have as his image has never been confirmed to be Gaster, just an encounter in the code of the game. And we have a page on him? This seems like a major assumption to me.
Check the note on his page. It only covers what we know and what is possible related to him, not setting anything which isn't confirmed in stone. I'm also fairly certain I talked about both sprites which are possibly used to represent him.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
LegitimatePotato said:
Check the note on his page. It only covers what we know and what is possible related to him, not setting anything which isn't confirmed in stone. I'm also fairly certain I talked about both sprites which are possibly used to represent him.
So.... why is there a page on him, if it's all assumptions?

LegitimatePotato said:
So.... why is there a page on him, if it's all assumptions?
Because it's not all assumptions? That's why the entire description only lists things confirmed to be related to him and explicitly mentions when things aren't confirmed. Hell, even most of his stats are unknown except for the things we know, such as him being a genius in life and his essence being split across time and space. It's not like his AP is "Hyperverse level (because lol idk)". It's unknown.

As long if its rated Unknown, no one is offended.

Unless his AP is rated True Infinity, then the person who edit that will have to go to war with EVERY ADMINS AND MODS ON THIS WIKI

But this is a website "to index the statistics of characters from a variety of different fictional franchises". Since we know nothing about him, the profile is not needed, it's like making a profile for "Hell Valley Sky Trees" and putting every stat at unknown, it's just unnecessary. If people want to read about him, there's the Undertale Wiki for that.

LegitimatePotato said:
But this is a website "to index the statistics of characters from a variety of different fictional franchises". Since we know nothing about him, the profile is not needed, it's like making a profile for "Hell Valley Sky Trees" and putting every stat at unknown, it's just unnecessary. If people want to read about him, there's the Undertale Wiki for that.
The Hell Valley Sky Trees are a vague image in the background of a stage in SMG. Gaster is an actual character with backstory hidden throughout the game. There are plenty of characters who are rated as "Unknown". It does not mean they have no right to be on the site. People may not even know certain characters from different franchises exist. If they learn about them here and then go on to learn more about them on another site, then all the better.

Hmmp Azzy is right.

Unlike The Hell Valley Sky Trees, W. D. Gaster has more background and story to him. In fact, if the theories are to be accepted, he might as well become the third strongest being in the UT verse, only behind Asriel and The Annoying Dog.

Gaster is a character with next to nothing known about him that isn't speculation. We're trying to give every character definite, proven abilites and powers as best as we can. But with Gaster, unless someone finds some hidden fight in the game, or Undertale 2 comes out. We have nothing about him, but he is listed with Omnipresense. The rest of the page is just Unknow. Not only can we not rank his power, but he has none shown whatsoever. It just seems like an obligatory page just so we can have one for every Undertale character. Gaster should have a page, but not until we know something about him.

We know of individuals who have or had some connection to Gaster.

We know certain individuals related to him interact with the world in strange ways.

We know he is supposedly everywhere at once.

We know some of his backstory.

We know he was important to the world itself before his death.

We know about as many solid things about Gaster as we do The-One-Above-All (if not even more so), were we to take only the comics themselves into account. Him being unknown does not mean he shouldn't have a page.

TOAA is sort of in the same boat with Gaster, at the moment, though. A character's power being vague does not mean we can't have them here as long as we acknowledge it and don't state assumptions about their power as fact.

LegitimatePotato said:
But this is a website "to index the statistics of characters from a variety of different fictional franchises". Since we know nothing about him, the profile is not needed, it's like making a profile for "Hell Valley Sky Trees" and putting every stat at unknown, it's just unnecessary. If people want to read about him, there's the Undertale Wiki for that
the thing is "Hell Valley Sky Trees" aren't actual characters

gaster oncthe other hand is argueably the most important charcter i UT

he didn't exist (pre Core incedent) the CORE wouldn't exist

if he didn't exist sans would be less mysterious (and where's the fun in that)

he (if the core incedent messed up the rules of time by causing someone to cease to exist yet be remembered) created SAVE and LOAD and without those two UT would've died to Flowey

LegitimatePotato said:
Wait, doesn't that mean that there is no point of talking about him on this wiki if he doesn't exist?

Paolo A. Lambre` said:
LegitimatePotato said:
Wait, doesn't that mean that there is no point of talking about him on this wiki if he doesn't exist?
he does exist (while not existing) he was scattered across time and sapce by the core

@Zalgo

I think he means that Gaster doesn't exist within the game. Though to my understanding there are hints pointing towards him throughout the game, which is why he has a profile here.

Blahblah9755 said:
@Zalgo
I think he means that Gaster doesn't exist within the game. Though to my understanding there are hints pointing towards him throughout the game, which is why he has a profile here.
That is what I meant.

Can someone explain Gaster's glitchy behaviour ? We know he died in the past, he still exists, but he's not incorporeal. He's existent and inexistent at the same time. Also, he doesn't follow the laws of physics, can't be touched at all, can speak even if he isn't there, is shattered across time and space etc. Please can someone explain the weird behaviour of him ? Because other characters (even Tier 0 ones) are not like Gaster.

Kannithemaster said:
Can someone explain Gaster's glitchy behaviour ? We know he died in the past, he still exists, but he's not incorporeal. He's existent and inexistent at the same time. Also, he doesn't follow the laws of physics, can't be touched at all, can speak even if he isn't there, is shattered across time and space etc. Please can someone explain the weird behaviour of him ? Because other characters (even Tier 0 ones) are not like Gaster.
It depends actually, gaster is depicted as 'glitchy' because of him being in the code but not exist in the game, so it made people depict him as a glitch or an error of some sort

Spoonoob19 said:
Kannithemaster said:
It depends actually, gaster is depicted as 'glitchy' because of him being in the code but not exist in the game, so it made people depict him as a glitch or an error of some sort

Oh I understand now.

Can someone please explain to me why is gaster in same rank as asriel gaster barely has any feats what proves gaster is even close to asriel

Where were Gaster's stats ever shown? Besides aren't God Flowey's stats a "?"? How can gaster be stronger than an unknown stat?

Back