• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Add a Dimensionality section to profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason why I suggested this is that although the tier gives you a good idea of a characters' dimensionality, it can be vague at times, especially with 1-B which encompasses basically all finite dimensions above 12d.
The change itself should be simple to add, with one line of text below a character's profile

ex:

Sussus amogus

Tier : High 1-C
Dimensionality : 10th Dimensional

At most I'd keep this for characters that aren't in any tier between 10-C to High 3-A, as within that range most characters are just 3-D.

Of course, characters that aren't actually 3-D within those tiers (as far at least one key is concerned) would also be valid, but in any case staff input is surely required for something like this.

pretty sure there was another crt talking about this, and it got rejected (I could be wrong)
Characters are already somewhat measured by dimensionality, this really just serves to make it easy to find ( some characters have their dimensionality linked to their tiering justifications, but not all of them.

The reason why I suggested this is that although the tier gives you a good idea of a characters' dimensionality, it can be vague at times, especially with 1-B which encompasses basically all finite dimensions above 12d.
The change itself should be simple to add, with one line of text below a character's profile

ex:

Sussus amogus

Tier : High 1-C
Dimensionality : 10th Dimensional
Bro stop downplaying sussus

Characters are already somewhat measured by dimensionality, this really just serves to make it easy to find ( some characters have their dimensionality linked to their tiering justifications, but not all of them.
that is what the other thread I saw said too, and staff rejected it. not saying that it isn't useful, but staff already said no prior, and the may not change their minds.

that is what the other thread I saw said too, and staff rejected it. not saying that it isn't useful, but staff already said no prior, and the may not change their minds.
Well I had no idea this was discussed before, probably was an old thread if I didnt notice it

I think this should just also be blanketed to involve stuff like how many layers a character is into tiers like 1-A.
I agree, it could even solve the issue of never knowing how smurfed a character is. The only downside I can see staff bringing up is; It's too much work, or it's unnecessary.

Personally, I find the second reason absolutely stupid, especially considering how many times we've had CRTs involving the vagueness of tiers and smurfs.

I agree, it could even solve the issue of never knowing how smurfed a character is. The only downside I can see staff bringing up is; It's too much work, or it's unnecessary.

Personally, I find the second reason absolutely stupid, especially considering how many times we've had CRTs involving the vagueness of tiers and smurfs.
The actual editing would be really simple, just add 1 line to the page, the harder part would be indexing to see the character's dimensionality.

Agree but adding this only should be necessary if character is higher or lower Dimensional, in case he is 3D, it's not needed and by default thing.

Agree with the addition. It would be pretty useful to tell who a smurf and who isn't. I would assume it would be something like this if their abilities are higher than their dimesionality?

"3-D physically, 4-D with (insert ability here)"
Really that should just be specified in P&A section on each ability that has that potency tbh. This is more so to list specific dimensionality (or on what scale their AP/Dura works on) for tiers low 1-C to 1-B.

Agree with the addition. It would be pretty useful to tell who a smurf and who isn't. I would assume it would be something like this if their abilities are higher than their dimesionality?

"3-D physically, 4-D with (insert ability here)"
I think this is a good idea.
Really that should just be specified in P&A section on each ability that has that potency tbh. This is more so to list specific dimensionality for tiers low 1-C to 1-B.
We had a CRT to do that, and even though it was accepted, it was too much work and no one bothered doing so. I think what is proposed by Psycho is an easier method, with not so much work. General Dimensionality, and then Dimensionality through the use of an ability, weapon, or item.

I agree with this, as it will make it easier for visitors to know how many dimensions the character has.

This is already recommended to be done, it is just not compulsory to do it
It is towards abilities and despite being added, it hasn't been used cause it was too annoying to do so. This is a much easier method, and can still be non-compulsory.

Adding Dimensionality:

Right at the top of a profile near the Tier Section is a lot better than having to go through blog pages, or search through their powers and abilities.

This would be great
Id like to know why this was rejected the first time

And it wouldn't be as much work as most would think

The Tier 1 characters (Which is what this would mainly apply to) only has 1253 profiles

Like I said since this was rejected the first time id like to see some of the people who initially rejected it's reasoning for doing so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back