• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Add a Dimensionality section to profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something like this seems efficient and straightforward to me:

"When creating pages for characters that are higher-dimensional, it is recommended that you note the dimensionality of the characters in parentheses, such as in the following manner: [[Higher-Dimensional Existence]] (9-Dimensional)"
This looks good

Something like this seems efficient and straightforward to me:

"When creating pages for characters that are higher-dimensional, it is recommended that you note the dimensionality of the characters in parentheses, such as in the following manner: [[Higher-Dimensional Existence]] (9-Dimensional)"
Just noticed this, so I have a few question. Does this really suffice?

It seems the HDE page talks about mathematical dimensions, and IIRC DT said it is strictly mathematical a while back.

So, what about characters who are rated based on R>F? I don't think listing their dimensionality besides HDE is that great of a solution and could lead to further confusion.

Maybe it was already strictly about mathematical dimensions from start, so I might be off the mark. But wouldn't a solution that include R>F clarification be better?

Could we also do the same thing for BDE characters?

Like right beside beyond dimensional existence we could put "[[Beyond Dimensional Existence]] (Aleph-1)"

BDE characters are some of the hardest to figure out where they scale exactly due to the complicated nature of Tier 1-A and above

This would be great in eliminating the need to go to the thread where the tiers where decided on every single time we want to find out where they scale

Thank you for the replies. Is it fine if we apply the new instruction sentence to the following page now then?

And would a "Notes" section near the bottom of the above page work sufficiently well for this purpose?

Could we also do the same thing for BDE characters?

Like right beside beyond dimensional existence we could put "[[Beyond Dimensional Existence]] (Aleph-1)"

BDE characters are some of the hardest to figure out where they scale exactly due to the complicated nature of Tier 1-A and above

This would be great in eliminating the need to go to the thread where the tiers where decided on every single time we want to find out where they scale
This seems quite unnecessary. To the majority of people here, just specifying how many "levels/layers" they transcend baseline is good enough information rather than the specific mathematical scale of their tier.

I'd personally encourage a clearer explanation of their place in the cosmology as well as link the required blog.

This seems quite unnecessary. To the majority of people here, just specifying how many "levels/layers" they transcend baseline is good enough information rather than the specific mathematical scale of their tier.
That is true but we're talking about transfinite numbers here

What works for dimensionality does not work for beyond dimensional characters

Just specifying a layer isn't enough when your dealing with ever increasing levels of infinity

Aleph itself goes from 1 to infinity and any cardinals above such would require a completely different "Baseline" to go off of

Which Is why I believe it would be best to just specify what specific cardinal they scale to

That is true but we're talking about transfinite numbers here

What works for dimensionality does not work for beyond dimensional characters

Just specifying a layer isn't enough when your dealing with ever increasing levels of infinity

Aleph itself goes from 1 to infinity and any cardinals above such would require a completely different "Baseline" to go off of

Which Is why I believe it would be best to just specify what specific cardinal they scale to
It's enough to like 99% of the site. Again, no one cares that much about the mathematical specifics. What you say is true but the average member is more likely to just check and see "oh, 4 levels of existence above baseline? Cool." before actually thinking about cardinals and what goes on under the hood of the tiering system, so to speak.

It's enough to like 99% of the site. Again, no one cares that much about the mathematical specifics. What you say is true but the average member is more likely to just check and see "oh, 4 levels of existence above baseline? Cool." before actually thinking about cardinals and what goes on under the hood of the tiering system, so to speak.
it's true ,which is quite messy for tier 1-A and above dimensioning. I think every reader or follower of a tier 1-A verse should know the layer of that verse.

it's true ,which is quite messy for tier 1-A and above dimensioning. I think every reader or follower of a tier 1-A verse should know the layer of that verse.

And it's even more difficult if the verse uses a philosophy like apophatic theology that has an uncertain power scale. which may lead to misunderstanding to the audience of the website

Ok then how would you implement that?

Sure it works if they happen to be in the same cardinal but how would it work if there are say, multiple cardinal sets difference between the two?

Would you be treating each increase in a specific type of cardinal as a layer? IE Aleph-5 is 3 layers above baseline?

Or would it consider an entire different cardinal a tier above?

Dude, I don't care about the specific math aspects here, Im talking solely about formatting and descriptions. If it's truly too much to just describe it in terms of how much it transcends baseline (if a character scales to insert German sounding cardinal here cardinals worth of space) then it would just have to be described as it is on the Attack Potency section.

At best, I'd just try to link to an explanation page or blog after a short description of how above baseline they are or who they scale too, if describing the levels above baseline it is becomes too hard.

Though, this seems like a tangential topic anyway.

Dude, I don't care about the specific math aspects here, Im talking solely about formatting and descriptions. If it's truly too much to just describe it in terms of how much it transcends baseline (if a character scales to insert German sounding cardinal here cardinals worth of space) then it would just have to be described as it is on the Attack Potency section.

At best, I'd just try to link to an explanation page or blog after a short description of how above baseline they are or who they scale too, if describing the levels above baseline it is becomes too hard.

Though, this seems like a tangential topic anyway.
All I'm asking is what you consider "a level above baseline" as, when referring to High 1-A and 0 Tiers

I literally don't care which gets accepted just explain how it would work

Thank you for the replies. Is it fine if we apply the new instruction sentence to the following page now then?

And would a "Notes" section near the bottom of the above page work sufficiently well for this purpose?
So about this...

So about this...
Just add something under Applications

Applications​

Keep in mind that this is merely a very general list of the abilities that a higher-dimensional entity would possess, and is not necessarily applicable to all of fiction.

Pseudo-Invulnerability: Due to the additional axis spatially inherent to them, higher-dimensional objects are comprised of more information than what can normally be described in lower-dimensional spaces, and thus may only be capable of interacting with them through lower-dimensional "slices" or cross-sections of their bodies.

Pseudo-Teleportation: Higher-dimensional entities may be capable of seemingly phasing in and out of sight by moving through additional axes imperceptible to lower-dimensional beings, granting them a notable advantage in overall range and mobility.

Unconventional Physiology: Although much of the same physical laws and principles would theoretically apply to higher-dimensional worlds, they would likely be instantiated very differently, resulting in matter behaving in strange ways compared to our own Universe.

Large Size: Due to the additional angles possessed by them, higher-dimensional objects and beings would be much larger than lower ones.

Additional Notes​

Due to the the wide range of such an ability, as it encompasses anything from a singular additional dimensional axis to an infinite amount of dimensional axis please list the degree of HDE that the character qualifies for the profile in question. For example "Higher Dimensional Existence ([5-D] {Explanation of the rating})" would be acceptable, but just HDE itself would not be.

Thank you for the replies.

Would you be willing to apply what has been accepted here @Qawsedf234 , or should I call for more administrators first?

Okay. I will do so then.

Thank you to everybody who helped out here. 🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back