• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Akatsuki vs Eleven Supernovas

That's literally the point of kenbun.
I guess I'll cover why they can't in my bigger post.
Because there's no indication that he's using Genjutsu at all. you just have to look at him. Saying he would know the intent, how the ability works, and who is casting it all in an instant while in a 10v10 fight and be able to warn everyone else in time is crazy when all it takes is a single glance at him or his finger if he points at you.

Has Luffy ever won a fight without looking at someone once? Even more recently we've seen him get knocked out by Apoo even though he had FS because he couldn't see the ability.

Worst case scenario, if they somehow know to avoid eye contact, that serves as a debuff for them tbh

Fighting the entire akatsuki while blind is just not going to be a fun time

And if they somehow hard press the Akatsuki, can they do anything about:

• Chibaku Tensei
  • Sword of Nunoboku
  • Itachi's Susano'o
  • Deidara's many C(Insert Number here)
  • Hidan's Immortality
  • Kakuzu's Pseudo Imortality
  • Kisame turning the battlefield into a literal ocean
  • Orochimaru's Summon's/Hydra like form
  • Sasori's Literal Army of Puppets

He cannot instantly transfer it too his enemies, he needs to actually link them
to himself
It also would not stop Genjutsu or soul stealing or Kisame drowning him

Itachi is hard carrying till the OP mind resistance layers are actually properly discussed.

Although to be fair I'm not sure if Genjutsu would even works considering the shit gets changed like every month. One second they need a Chakra nervous system then one second they don't. One second it effects the brain via Chakra injection and then one second it's effecting the mind itself.

On god you Naruto goons need consistency.

I thought Hawkins damage transfer was to his subordinates, he can transfer to the people he's fighting?
No, we don't know how the dolls are created.

All we know is that he can have 10 at a time at most and that he couldn't create more mid fight against his opponent (Killer).

Best clue we have for how they are created is that he got Kid's doll after scratching him with his Straw Sword (but no direct confirmation that's how he got it)

So far, I've seen far more Akatsuki Wincon's than Supernova's so far, and it seems that Genjutsu is currently still being debated

I think it's inappropriate to vote this early, but if we're really already voting, I'd have to say Akatsuki

Also I assume shit like G5 is restricted? That's an auto win for The Supernova's because of the big boi speed blitz.

akatsuki
full control juubi

but-why.gif

Voting Akatsuki.
They have more wincons + better battle iq/skill/experience and work together better as a team whereas some of the supernovas never even saw eachother's full power.

in anycase

The Akatsuki have an immediate AOE advantage with The Ten Tails Bijuu damas and outside of like 1 or 2 Individuals Precog or not they do not have the travel speed to outrun those explosions in an instant.

So I guess let's start with the team advantages.

The Akastuki's advantages:

Skill: While the Supernovas have Luffy, Zoro, and Law who could compete and all have great demonstrations of skill and combat sense the Akatsuki are mostly older, more experienced, and have been formally trained from young ages by their different villages for war, assassinating, deception, and survival with some of them have already experienced war from a young age. Even their resident meathead in Hidan is still shown to be pretty skilled albeit very arrogant because of his immortality. Some Supernova can compete but the Akatsuki mostly takes it.

Intelligence: The Akatsuki hard gap this one, again a lot of the supernovas are probably decent tacticians with Luffy and Zoro having incredible Battle IQ and perceptiveness and Law being a great strategist but compared to the Akatsuki who have many notable people like Itachi is considered a genius among geniuses, with the rest being capable of multi-step and layered planning on their own that they've used to take out people far greater than them. Most of the Akatsuki have been shown capable of competing tactically with people like Sasuke and Kakashi who are both considered genius Shinobi with Kakashi once being cited as smarter than Part 1 Shikamaru who was said to have an IQ of over 200 and was exceptionally adept at strategy even from a young age.

Teamwork: This one also goes to the Akatsuki but with some caveats. The Akatsuki have been shown to work together with some having abilities that complement each other well so on paper they definitely have an edge over the Supernova who are all rivals that in some cases don't like each other, or even know what each other's abilities are and will even actively try to compete against each other in fights. However, because of that some moves like Chibaku Tensei, Catastrophic Shinra Tensei, or C0 Deidara probably won't be used for fear of taking out fellow Akatsuki members. In that same vein, Luffy probably won't use Bajrang Gun unless all of his allies are clear from being hit by it.

Hax: The Akatsuki take this one mainly because of Nagato, Itachi, and Orochimaru.
- The Akatsuki have 4 immortals(Orochimaru, Obito(through regen), Kakazu(5 hearts), and Hidan.
  • Jutsu that can revive people from the dead either normally or as an immortal zombie with busted regen(Nagato's Rinne Rebirth and Orochimaru's Edo Tensei respectively)
  • The Akatsuki has three people that can rip souls from bodies(Obito, Nagato, and Orochimaru through the Reaper Death Seal.)
  • Itachi has a flame that can only be put out by him and that's as hot as the sun and he only has to look at you to spawn it(Amaterasu)
  • Obito and Itachi can put you in illusions if you look at their eyes, Itachi has complete control of your perception of time while in his illusion to the point where he can make you live an entire lifetime in a picosecond(which is an absurdly short amount of time btw) and Obito has been shown basically mind controlling a guy for several years that was thought to be immune to genjutsu because he was a perfect jinchuriki.
  • Obito can erase people, jutsu, and matter from existence with his Truth-Seeking Orbs.
  • Itachi can just ignore your durability with a spirit blade called the Totsuka Sword which seals you into a world of genjutsu for all eternity.
  • Orochimaru can revive the 4 Hokage with Edo Tensei if he wants to which makes the fight even harder because they have their own sets of strong-ass hax abilities and are very intelligent.
  • Itachi and Obito can copy movements and abilities with their Sharingan
  • Deidara has a bomb that explodes into a bunch of microscopic bombs that tear the body apart from the inside with miniature explosions that eat away the body.
  • Hidan can transfer any damage he takes if he gets a drop of someone's blood and does his brief ritual.

There's a lot more but hopefully, you get the idea. The only people competing with these guys in Hax are G5 Luffy and Law, almost all of the other Supernova have gimmicks(like big dino or Capone's castle fruit, Zoro's the sword guy) but the Akatsuki are individually walking arsenals of abilities.

The Supernovas Advantages:

Observation Haki:
***** busted, like really busted, the fact that every Supernova should at least have intermediate Obv Haki makes the fight a lot fairer despite the Teamwork, Intelligence, and Skill differences. It should allow them to perceive the intent of their opponents along with having basically a sixth sense for upcoming attacks.

Endurance/Stamina: OP characters are physical monsters and have shown being able to survive insane amounts of damage, even low tier people like Ussop can have this skull fractured in several places and be fine after three days, such damage would put a lot of Naruto characters in the ER for weeks at best. Fights that last 10 hours would probably be unlikely for a lot of Akatsuki members since some of their abilities have drawbacks and some have to worry about heavy chakra drain in that time. the immortal ones might be able to operate as long as the Supernovas could.

Hax: While I don't think they have as many Hax as the Akatsuki I'll list the important ones here.

• Dura Neg from Adv Buso Haki via Luffy(his punches can and will **** up some organs)
  • Kidd can manipulate meta(so like Tempest said earlier Kunai and Swords are gone.)
  • Killer can make illusions and Dura Neg with his Sonic Syther blades
  • Zoro has some dura neg from the Breath of all Things.
  • Hawkins can reflect damage with his dolls he can even make the victim the Akatsuki members I don't remember the criteria for him doing so tbh.
  • Apoo can make sound-based shockwaves and cause explosions via his Oto Oto Fruit.
  • X Drake is a Dinosaur.
  • Bonney can manipulate the age of others and herself.
  • Urouge can turn damage into strength and size.
  • Capone's body is a castle that can house people within his body with his fruit and can also transform into a giant castle.
  • Law can teleport himself and others, swap people's souls, mess with people's bodies if they're within his room, and straight up dura neg with his Awakening(K-room)
  • G5 Luffy is a crazy one, he can grow bigger, can fly, has subjective reality, turn things he touches into rubber including energy like lightning, has Future Sight, and a whole lot more. Honestly just read his profile for the whole thing: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Monkey_D._Luffy_(Post-Timeskip)?so=search
  • Conqueror's Haki users can incapacitate people with weaker wills(Zoro, Luffy, Kidd)
  • Buso Haki enhances their normal durability even higher with an invisible coat of armor(every Supernova has intermediate lvl Buso Haki and Luffy had Adv Buso.)

I can go over how I think it would go a bit later but this comment made me a bit tired of typing so imma go make a sandwich.

Last edited:
Lets not forget Itachi has the Yata mirror which nullifies all attacks( physical and spiritual) and Totsuka blade too , Which seals whatever it cuts or touches in an Eternal Genjutsu.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, the moment that happens, someone probably dies

Luffy get's nicked slightly by a Kunai? Death. Law spit's out a bit of blood due to the impact of a attack damaging internal organs? Death. Etc, etc, unless they have some kind of resistance/immunity

Oh yeah, the moment that happens, someone probably dies

Luffy get's nicked slightly by a Kunai? Death. Law spit's out a bit of blood due to the impact of a attack damaging internal organs? Death. Etc, etc, unless they have some kind of resistance/immunity
tbf I don't think Hidan's ability would be able to fatally wound Zoro or Luffy easily. Hidan using it on someone like Bonney is a safer bet.

tbf I don't think Hidan's ability would be able to fatally wound Zoro or Luffy easily. Hidan using it on someone like Bonney is a safer bet.
Would getting stabbed in the Heart not kill Zoro or Luffy? Or maybe having their Kidney get eviscerated? Etc, etc? Even if it fails to wound em, that still means that Hidan, quite literally, would inflict damage to his foe's by getting hit- Kind of like what was previously brought up for Law was it?

Ngl Idk who to vote for here so I'm just gonna sit on the sidelines
But Luffy is easily the most valuable one here.
Don't know what the Akatsuki do but Luffy has:
Transmutation
Passive Empowerment by laughing
Subjective Reality
Resurrection
etc.
Also this isn't on his profile for some reason but he can create things such as goggles.

Would getting stabbed in the Heart not kill Zoro or Luffy? Or maybe having their Kidney get eviscerated? Etc, etc? Even if it fails to wound em, that still means that Hidan, quite literally, would inflict damage to his foe's by getting hit- Kind of like what was previously brought up for Law was it?
Zoro has survived having most of the bones in his body broken and was still fighting, Luffy is made of rubber and his body is contorted all the time in G5 so he might be fine. but then again Luffy would be hit with the damage, not the attack so he might be killed hard to say tbh.

is
Ngl Idk who to vote for here so I'm just gonna sit on the sidelines
But Luffy is easily the most valuable one here.
Don't know what the Akatsuki do but Luffy has:
Transmutation
Passive Empowerment by laughing
Subjective Reality
Resurrection
etc.
Also this isn't on his profile for some reason but he can create things such as goggles.
Isn't the Whole creating goggles transmutation , I heard a lot of people says he used his hair to create it.

Back