• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ali runs the anime gauntlet part 1: Julius Juukulius [2 MORE VOTES]

Even so dire consequences is vague and Julius was hesitant to kill someone who was literally trying to kill him and his friends and start a world war. There needs to be more clarification.
I am pretty sure its been mentioned before that its one of the worst possible outcomes
Also they had Reinhard with them, I would say that pretty much reduced Julius's aanxietyby a significant amount especially after the pure trashing Reinhard did to all of the divine generals

I'm finding it difficult to judge, I really don't know whether Julius would go for the kill here considering he's fighting a kid, even if he's assuming there's no extenuating circumstances. There's also Julius' amps & sense hax to consider.

Voting incon currently, until I feel something swings it one way or the other.

Yeah, until I'm given definite reason to believe Julius will or won't go for the kill I'm all for incon as well.

What's the reason for being Inco?

Edit: Just because you don't know If Julius would resort to kill a child?

Last edited:
Just because you don't know If Julius would resort to kill a child?
Yeah. If he'd decide to kill a child then amp + soul hax dura neg gg, but if he doesn't have the will to do it then he doesn't really have a combat-applicable incap, though Ali does have worse stamina.

He tried to kill Roy and Ley, but Witch Cultists, even children in the Cult, may not count as people to him.

As long as there's a note that neither character is using lethal force since that seems to have been the assumption for most of the votes

As long as there's a note that neither character is using lethal force since that seems to have been the assumption for most of the votes
That's kinda unescessary, people can just click the match to see how the match as concluded.
There's no need to put a not there.

I've checked both profiles and it seems that Julius is the one with the advantage here. While both characters have Analytical Prediction Julius also has Instinctive Action while Ali's Reaction Speed is rated lower than his perception speed(In other words his body more often than not can't keep up with what he's seeing), so if Julius buff's himself and/or uses Al Clauzeria then even if Ali can see it coming he won't be able to react to him . Also why are people saying that Julius doesn't have a reliable Incapacitating option when he has Paralysis Inducement listed in his profile?

Last edited:
I've checked both profiles and it seems that Julius is the one with the advantage here. While both characters have Analytical Prediction Julius also has Instinctive Action while Ali's Reaction Speed is rated lower than his perception speed(In other words his body more often than not can't keep up with what he's seeing), so if Julius buff's himself and/or uses Al Clauzeria then even if Ali can see it coming he won't be able to react to him . Also why are people saying that Julius doesn't have a reliable Incapacitating option when he has Paralysis Inducement listed in his profile?
This
He also very easily incapped Sphinx who was also someone he couldnt kill

I've checked both profiles and it seems that Julius is the one with the advantage here. While both characters have Analytical Prediction Julius also has Instinctive Action while Ali's Reaction Speed is rated lower than his perception speed(In other words his body more often than not can't keep up with what he's seeing), so if Julius buff's himself and/or uses Al Clauzeria then even if Ali can see it coming he won't be able to react to him .
You just watered the usefulness of a thousand fold increase in perception. You do realize I.R.I.S. would practically know Julius' next move and provide a counter to it faster than Julius could change his to counter the counter that is used against him, also Al Clauzeria is not instantaneous, I.R.I.S. would pick up such a hazard and Ali would dodge it before it was shot.
Also why are people saying that Julius doesn't have a reliable Incapacitating option when he has Paralysis Inducement listed in his profile?
That would trigger override mode.

You just watered the usefulness of a thousand fold increase in perception. You do realize I.R.I.S. would practically know Julius' next move and provide a counter to it faster than Julius could change his to counter the counter that is used against him, also Al Clauzeria is not instantaneous, I.R.I.S. would pick up such a hazard and Ali would dodge it before it was shot.

That would trigger override mode.
And you do realize that it was shown in the show that(more often than not)Ali can't really keep up with the information that I.R.I.S. gives him right? If that is really not enough Julius can just increase his speed(Yang magic) while simultaneously decreasing Ali's( Yin magic). Neither Ali nor I.R.I.S. has resistance to paralysis/status effect inducement and I.R.I.S. doesn't have Body Control as one of it's listed abilities so if Ali ends up getting paralyzed then there's no breaking out of it even if Override mode does activate.

Last edited:
And you do realize that it was shown in the show that(more often than not)Ali can't really keep up with the information that I.R.I.S. gives him right?
By Mission: Potential, that is no longer case.
If that is really not enough Julius can just increase his speed(Yang magic)
I doubt it exceed twofold increase.
while simultaneously decreasing Ali's( Yin magic).
Ali has aeroboots that are faster than his physical walking speed.
Neither Ali nor I.R.I.S. has resistance to paralysis/status effect inducement and I.R.I.S. doesn't have Body Control as one of it's listed abilities so if Ali ends up getting paralyzed then there's no breaking out of it even if Override mode does activate.
Elaborate on the properties of Julius' paralysis inducement.

By Mission: Potential, that is no longer case.

I doubt it exceed twofold increase.

Ali has aeroboots that are faster than his physical walking speed.

Elaborate on the properties of Julius' paralysis inducement.
Ok then.

It doesn't really have to though, cause even if it's not flat out 2x increase it will still help in outmaneuvering Ali.

The description for his Aero boots only refers to it's jumping capabilities, and from what I remember Ali mostly uses them for jumping as well, so it seems unlikely that he would use them for running/dashing.

The description for Julius' Paralysis Inducement is (Can seal his target's movement) while the link provided states that he "summoned a cylindrical shaped aurora" to seal Witch Cultists movements just before their blades could reach him so it seems to imply that this is (near)instantaneous.

Also it seems that neither Ali nor I.R.I,S. has any resistance to Water Manipulation ,so does that means that if Julius hits them with this then I.R.I.S. will end up short-circuiting?

Last edited:
Back