• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ali runs the anime gauntlet part 1: Julius Juukulius [2 MORE VOTES]

Ok assuming Ali is just going to knock him out and Julius knows that he would definitely just let it happen. Or rather, he would try to do the same but would fail since most of his attacks are lethal. So I'll vote Ali. But if they were trying to kill each other Julius would definitely win.

Ok assuming Ali is just going to knock him out and Julius knows that he would definitely just let it happen. Or rather, he would try to do the same but would fail since most of his attacks are lethal. So I'll vote Ali. But if they were trying to kill each other Julius would definitely win.
Vote counted

Ali: 4

Julius: 0

Incon: 0

Wait why isnt Julius going for the kill?

Wow, you gonna try using the SBA argument again, yeah no, I not gonna prove you wrong again, so i not gonna argue this.

How many times would i need to explain SBA to you.
Tbh, looking at it again it's somewhat vague. Like obviously Julius is gonna try to win but can we assume that he will be willing to kill ali? I can't see either of them being willing to kill the other so the goal for both would probably be incap in which case Ali would win.

Tbh, looking at it again it's somewhat vague. Like obviously Julius is gonna try to win but can we assume that he will be willing to kill ali? I can't see either of them being willing to kill the other so the goal for both would probably be incap in which case Ali would win.
Why wouldn't he? Julius in SBA has almost never left his opponent alive

Why wouldn't he? Julius in SBA has almost never left his opponent alive
All of those opponents have been either witch cultists or a dude literally trying to stage a coup AND kill him and his close friends 💀 Even then he didn't want to kill him but just had to

All of those opponents have been either witch cultists or a dude literally trying to stage a coup AND kill him and his close friends 💀 Even then he didn't want to kill him but just had to
So exactly what SBA is?
Each character will view their opponents as enemies, who they have to assume wish to cause them severe harm such that losing could have any range of dire consequences. The characters will assume their opponents have not been forced into battle. They are assumed to have decided from free will to fight and are not excused by a just cause, difficult times or otherwise exonerating circumstances. Furthermore, the situation is assumed one where the opponents are not protected by social norms or consequences, such as being a civilian protected by law
Losing against Ali would have dire consequences ranging from the coup to the danger of gluttony. Consider this with the fact that he doesnt shy away from killing and it should be clear on why he wouldnt hold back

Yeah, as i said, is vague, you can't use this as a argument.
your arguement is even more vague, mine on the other hand is based on his past behavior. According to you, Julius wouldn't kill Ali for some unknown reason which is due to his nature but you haven't given me a single instance or example of him showing this nature where he just lets his opponent live for no goddam reason under a circumstance where losing would have dire consequences

your arguement is even more vague, mine on the other hand is based on his past behavior. According to you,

This is not my argument, this is other people argument, you asked why he would't try to kill Aí, and i respond saying the argument presented by the people.
Julius wouldn't kill Ali for some unknown reason
Btw, you can try reading the thread, because i din't give a unknown reason.

This is not my argument, this is other people argument, you asked why he would't try to kill Aí, and i respond saying the argument presented by the people.

Btw, you can try reading the thread, because i din't give a unknown reason.
Your counter to my arguement is that gluttony being a criminal somehow makes it justifiable for Julius to kill him right? Well fun fact, SBA makes it so that the character doesnt have any inhibitions on kiĺling their opponents which means Ali would be in the same position as them. Then we go over if the character would in character kill his opponent or not which Julius absolutely does

Your counter to my arguement is that gluttony being a criminal somehow makes it justifiable for Julius to kill him right?
Wtf you mean "somehow", din't you think this is a good enough reason?

Yeah.
Well fun fact, SBA makes it so that the character doesnt have any inhibitions on kiĺling their opponents which means Ali would be in the same position as them.
The difference being that Julius don't know Ali, and his not gonna think that he is a criminal, making the decision to kill super difficulty in his character, since he never try to kill a random stranger due to they simply try to attack him.
They being not inept by the law don't change that, also:
Then we go over if the character would in character kill his opponent or not which Julius absolutely does
Bases on what? Can you show me a moment where Julius goes for the kill against a complete stranger, or a kid that are not criminal?

Wtf you mean "somehow", din't you think this is a good enough reason?

Yeah.

The difference being that Julius don't know Ali, and his not gonna think that he is a criminal, making the decision to kill super difficulty in his character, since he never try to kill a random stranger due to they simply try to attack him.
They being not inept by the law don't change that, also:

Bases on what? Can you show me a moment where Julius goes for the kill against a complete stranger, or a kid that are not criminal?
SBA, its not just a random stranger that attacked him. Its an opponent that losing to would mean having dire consequences.

SBA, its not just a random stranger that attacked him. Its an opponent that losing to would mean having dire consequences.
Even so dire consequences is vague and Julius was hesitant to kill someone who was literally trying to kill him and his friends and start a world war. There needs to be more clarification.

Back