• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alien Assimilation vs Man-Made Plague

Yeah but the thing cells are like weird.

Also this thing is a robot so uh I don't think the Thing cells can effect it whatsoever. Could be wrong.

Honestly this will probably end the same as vs Necroa. Viruses tend to destroy cells duing infection and the Thing likely can't assimilate a virus considering how different they are biologically. And on top of everything else it's a robotic virus? This is probably a stomp. Normal viruses hard counter the Thing, robo-viruses are far too much.

Also, this isn't a single human body. This is who can eradicate the other firs, and infection and assimilation of other beings is fair game.

but it's artificial so if a thing infects a human with a nano virus the virus just gets yeeted out or something

like with the fillings

Got it, didn't it was two different people. I guess the issue here then would be the fact that the Thing would need to assimilate it's way into a position of some kinda power before really making any progress. It is hinted in the 80's movie that the Thing keeps memories from previously assimilated beings seeing as Blair-thing was able to build a spaceship. How difficult can the nano-virus be to cure?

It's strongest anti-cure stuff can damage it tho, and the thing has more maneuverability

So the smallest thing that the Thing has yeeted out is a gold tooth, and I honestly don't know whether it could do that to such a small creature as the Nano-Virus. Anyone got an idea of how big this thing is? I might have to do research for this one sigh

The thing (ayy) is that the Thing would not have a basic human biology. It's biology is super different. And while Necroa can adapt as viruses do, nanorobots cannot. And they actually cannot hijack Thing cells to produce more nanobois for the above reasons

Thing overwhelms via sheer weight of numbers.

Nano-Virus actually has the same adaptation, and if thing cells mimic human ones they could get infected easily

Extreme Zoonosis: Infection crosses multiple species barriers. Increases infectivity, especially in rural and urban areas, mutation chance and cross-country transmission.

...holy shit

That ability noscopes the Thing to an immense degree. Forgot what I said earlier, this Nanobot can weight of numbers beat the Thing.

Switching my vote. This is extremely decisive

Well, there are ways we could spin it to give the Thing a better chance, for instance Blair-Thing was able to build a flying saucer outta helicopter parts so it is possible the Thing people could pull a super cure outta their collective asses, but that's really taking massive leaps in logic.

Honestly viruses just seem to really check the Thing.

I mean, the Nano Virus is canonically one of the easiest viruses to cure as it's man made and therefore all the scientists of the world have some pre existing idea of its genetic weaknesses. Doesn't keep the Virus from driving humanity extinct anyways. Worst comes to worst, genetic reshuffle can potentially nope any cure The Thing makes.

Also, a bit off topic, but can we just take a moment to point out the Plague Inc. Parasite has stealth mastery strong enough to make Total Organ Faliure look like a minor disease?

Holy **** this verse is OP. Like, I've watched a few playthroughs and always thought it seemed resonably haxed but wow. For a verse that peaks at High 8-C they could easily solo a lot of up there verses given the chance.

And that gives me an idea for in the morning....

Yobo Blue said:
Also, a bit off topic, but can we just take a moment to point out the Plague Inc. Parasite has stealth mastery strong enough to make Total Organ Faliure look like a minor disease?
TBF, the government will figure it out after a week or two, but that's still impressive and pretty powerful in the VS debating sense.

But yeah, each disease has its own quirk

Bacteria has stupid high climate resistance

Virus has incredibly fast reactive evolution

Fungus has spores with planetary range

Parasites have the stupid stealth

Prions have some stealth, and biological memory and mind manipulation

Nano-Viruses are inorganic and more intelligent

Bioweapons have toxins deadlier than Total Organ Faliure and is constantly increasing in toxicity and lethality

etc, etc

Back