• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alive/Edo Madara Durability Upgrade, and KCM Naruto Upgrade, and others

MinatoSparkle

He/Him
A thought just came to me. I was thinking about Naruto and realized that Madara has a durability feat far beyond Mountain Level+, before he got any sort of power up. In Chapter 656, Naruto used a Oodama Rasenshuriken to try to take down a repressed Madara held down by Hashirama's absorbing wood dragon jutsu. So obviously Madara didn't absorb the jutsu, and an explosion clearly happened. And Madara certainly wasn't amped at this point. If anything, since his chakra was being absorbed, his body should've been weaker than normal, and definitely weaker than when he was alive due to Edotensei being weaker than their alive selves. And yet, after the explosion cleared, Madara's body was fully in tact. The only difference was that a few pieces of his skin seemed flaked off. That's insane, considering a normal rasenshuriken from KCM1 Naruto caused some noticeable damage to the third Raikage. And he fought against the Eight Tails multiple times. So this means that Madara's durability is clearly at least significantly higher than that of the third Raikage's, or High 6-C. And in case anyone doubts that the third Raikage was damaged by the rasenshuriken, just look at this clip at 3:41. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbIS5rEWbvU Before they were healed, you can see many wounds across his body.

BadAssMadara
Meanwhile, this is what Madara looked like after being hit with a stronger version of it.
With all this in mind, there's no doubt in my mind that Madara's lowest durability in any of his keys is At least High 6-C. And this probably scales to his AP. And Hashirama is At least High 6-C for being able to damage Madara.

Besides that, Naruto should also be upgraded to High 6-C, considering he could damage the Third Raikage. This also means all those who scale to KCM1 Naruto are High 6-C.

By the way, I'm confused about why some top tiers are MHS+ and others are Relativistic+. What's the deal there?

GokuSparkle said:
Is there like a reason for that or did some downgrade happen that was forgotten about for some more obscure characters?
Yeah, that's my bad. I missed some of the profiles while going through implementing the downgrade. I'll take care of A's profile now but if there are any others please let me know of my wall.

> And yet, after the explosion cleared, Madara's body was fully in tact.

Considering Edo Tensei have Regenerationn, this is not an impressive feat.

After the Rasenshuriken explodes the fight is off-screen until we cut back to see Madara being sealed by Hashirama's gates.

It's impossible to say he completely tanked the attack with no damage, when we don't see the immediate aftermath.

It is noted by Hashirama that he wanted an opening to be made so as to seal madara with Hashirama even mentioning how the rasen shuriken failed to take him. Not only that, but we're shown a shot of Hashirama landing while he was still midair right before the attack struck.

Unless Madara is noted to have a faster regen then normal Edo-Tensei clones, we have reason to assume that he tanked the attacks, even with the little damage that he took.

> even mentioning how the rasen shuriken failed to take him

How would the Rasenshuriken take him down? He's an Edo Tensei.

Something that has occured, like in the fight with the Third Raikage, is that when an edo tensei takes enough damage they're in state of defenselessness as the regenerate that allows for them to be sealed. Madara wasn't in this state after taking the attack.

Not taking him down isn't the same thing as Madara tanking the attack.

Except as I mentioned that part of the fight was offscreen, we don't know exactly how long Madara had. And going by their feat after the meteor incident, Regenerationn can take seconds.

With the anime itself, not only are we given over a minute before they're found reforming but they also rebuild themselves slowly. In the manga itself, we're also given several panels of conversation and everyone dealing with what just happened before the pair are found reforming.

We have siginificantly less time for feat of which Madara was hit with Naruto's rasenshuriken, which can be seen with how we find Hashirama just finishing his jump when we see Madara once more. Sure they're is the conversation between multiple characters like before, but they're is also a much more implicity small timeframe.

Damage3245 said:
After the Rasenshuriken explodes the fight is off-screen until we cut back to see Madara being sealed by Hashirama's gates.
It's impossible to say he completely tanked the attack with no damage, when we don't see the immediate aftermath.
Hashirama said Naruto's attack didn't take him down, which implies his body was not noticeably damaged.

MrKerf said:
Seems fine, but wasn't he stabbed/punched through/pierced by much weaker stuff?
First of all, the Rasenshuriken isn't the kind of attack to do that sort of damage. It damages you on a molecular level. Secondly, the only thing that I remember was him being punched by Tsunade and being kicked through by Six Gates Lee with a nine tails amp. And I don't know if it's entirely unrealistic for them to be High 6-C too.

First of all, the Rasenshuriken isn't the kind of attack to do that sort of damage. It damages you on a molecular level. Secondly, the only thing that I remember was him being punched by Tsunade and being kicked through by Six Gates Lee with a nine tails amp. And I don't know if it's entirely unrealistic for them to be High 6-C too.

It does damage on a cellur level iirc, not moleculer level.

A (Third Raikage) is 6-C, not High 6-C. So they would only reach Island level, not Large Island level.

Also, Naruto could only damage the third Raikage with a Rasenshuriken so he wouldn't scale overall.

Didn't Madara absorb Naruto's first Rasenshuriken he threw in their first fight when Madara was beating all those shinobi up?. He also used his Susanoo to block Naruto's Giant Rasengan iirc if not then my mistake.

Yes, Madara absorbed his Rasenshuriken and blocked his Giant Rasengan.

We don't see the exact aftermath of the Rasenshuriken attack on Madara, so I'm still against the upgrade.

LordGriffin1000 said:
A (Third Raikage) is 6-C, not High 6-C. So they would only reach Island level, not Large Island level.
Also, Naruto could only damage the third Raikage with a Rasenshuriken so he wouldn't scale overall.

Didn't Madara absorb Naruto's first Rasenshuriken he threw in their first fight when Madara was beating all those shinobi up?. He also used his Susanoo to block Naruto's Giant Rasengan iirc if not then my mistake.
Oh. Well he was High 6-C. Also, shouldn't he be up to low 6-B since the hachibi is also that?

People that scale to KCM 1 Naruto's strongest attacks would.

Yes, and absorbing chakra has never shown a limit. And a giant rasengan is not a rasenshuriken. What's your point?

Damage3245 said:
We don't see the exact aftermath of the Rasenshuriken attack on Madara, so I'm still against the upgrade.
Have you not seen what was written about Hashirma being in midair when the attack landed and him landing when the explosion cleared? Also, the fact that when damaged sufficiently, like the third raikage was, their healing can stop for a good enough while? If the Rasenshuriekn had done that kind of damage, Hashirama would've commented on it.

My point is if Madara could easily tank Naruto's Rasenshuriken, why would he absorb it the first time and why would he put up the Susanoo to block the giant rasengan which is weaker than the Rasenshuriken. Can you see the problem.

Back