• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An idea

Given that Steve helped out with making the potential rules on making fan-made official characters along with Prom that other time, i definitely safe if he can provide some layout rules on this will work.

Of course as you said, Steve, we're not trying to be like what the DBF wiki normally does. Not that it's a bad thing, just saying that this is something that we don't normally do if at all in the first place...

1: Thanks. I'm kind of working on it right now.

2: Right. It's not that DBF is a bad place, it's just that it already exists. We don't want to turn into a second-rate DBF, nor do we want to simply be a DBF for the Vs Battles community. We have to diffrienciate ourselves somehow.

1. All battles must involve at least one Fanon or Original character.
  2. No battles should be made entirely for the sake of making one character lose a battle.
  3. On that note, no battles should be written entirely to give one character a win, either. (This seems like it would be a major problem on a wiki almost entirely formed of characters created by the people who would be writing the fights.)
  4. Also, battles should generally not be stomp fights, that is, on character should not be put into a battle with another vastly above or vastly below their powers. (Certain exeptions can be made.) The rules for what constitutes a stomp or spite thread can be found here: https://fcoc-vs-battles.fandom.com/wiki/Spite_Thread
  5. Each battle should have a thread on the Vs Battles board, here: https://vsbattles.com/Board/fcoc-vs-battles/Versus_Battles
  6. If you want to use someone else's original or fanon character in a Vs Battle, then you are required to ask that person permission unless they have stated previously that anyone may use their characters without asking.
  7. Vs Battles must use appropriate grammar, spelling, and punctuation in order to be as readable as possible.
  8. On that note, if incorrect grammar, spelling, or punctuation is used, than other users have the right to correct the mistakes, under the assumption that they do not change the meaning of a given sentence, or add or subtract anything from the wording.
  9. If a battle is especially gory, violent, or uses extreme language, a disclaimer must be placed at the top of the battle stating so.
  10. Racial slurs, heavy sexual content, and direct bashing of living people will not be tolerated. If a character you wish to use in a battle is directly characterized by such content, please just don't use them.
  11. If you have given direct permission to someone to use you character in a battle, please don't rage if they lose or die painfully. Remember, this will be a major part of such battles.
  12. On the other hand, if you directly bash someone else's character in a battle, or put them into a stomp or spite thread, than the character's owner has the right to request that they are removed from the battle, or that the battle is deleted.
  13. Repeated breaking of these rules can result in being unable to create battles, or, if severe enough, a temporary ban.

Of course, all of these rules are in "alpha," and subject to change at any time, (especially rules 10 and 13.)

Good rules. So i would assume we will be allowing fights? If so, i have another (minor) suggestion. A thread where a person posts their character, a TL;DR for abilities/backstory, and people suggest possible opponents.

Hmm. The last part is something that we could probably just put on our character pages. Our characters backstory and abilities are pretty much covered though...

Well, a TL;DR would make sense, but given that the entire point of this wiki is to give a detailed explanation of a given character's powers, backstory, personality, ect, I think it would be somewhat counterproductive to put it there.

Perhaps not everyone has the time to read a character's whole backstory and the full-length in-depth description of their abilities?

Well, if we are going through with this, I personally suggest a Vs Battle in it's truest form. No introduction, no pre-fight, no post-battle, just links to the characters' pages, a link to the Vs Thread associated with the fight, and reasoning as to who won at the end.

Yeah, pretty much. Just the fight, and some reasoning. I envision it as just "FIGHT" and then they fight. No reasoning neccecary. This is a Vs Battle, not a short-story.

@Gr1: Don't know. It could be but i can't say for sure.

Skod idk, Kavpeny doesn't mind, Abbadon i can't say(?), Leon is all good to do this, Steve is alright if everyone is alright doing this (same with me, but so long as everyone follows the rules he made), Prom is alright with this.

Hmm...

Back