• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Analyzing Dimensional Tiering (Staff only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew Schroeder said:
SCP would actually be High 1-C. Última recommended using Brane Cosmology on the OP and a multiverse of Eleven Dimensions is actually quite consistent in the verse.
That's not at all consistent, as part of the SCP revisions a list of dimension statements was compiled and 11-D is never even mentioned.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Rest.

Even if some sort of agreement is reached, no actual changes will be implemented until you get back and get a chance to look through them.
Thank you.

To be perfectly honest I am considering deleting this Thread altogether and listing the relevant posts, alongside my answers to them, in a new one. Because at this point, this one turned into an incomprehensible mess.

> I doubt that is explicitly spelled out in most cases, so this change might largely cripple our tiering system if applied too strictly.

Keyword; if applied too strictly.

If none of the franchises that are rated as higher-dimensional within our system hold such implications regarding their dimensions, then our profiles were horrible to begin with. I am sure many series out there contain implications regarding what bein Higher-D entails in them.

@Ultima

You could present your points to the bureaucrats in private, then make a thread with all the relevant stuff after, leaving some space for the main opposition, like Agnaa, to show their reservations too and still being transparent.

This thread is being derailed because of many misconceptions and misunderstandings people have with the concept.

Ultima Reality said:
To be perfectly honest I am considering deleting this Thread altogether and listing the relevant posts, alongside my answers to them, in a new one. Because at this point, this one turned into an incomprehensible mess.
What did you expect? It was rushed out without informing the bureaucrats and the consultants in advance at the exact time when you knew that I would usually have just gone to sleep. And then you propose to try to control the results even further?

Antvasima said:
What did you expect? It was rushed out without informing the bureaucrats and the consultants in advance at the exact time when you knew that I would usually have just gone to sleep.
I mean, I feel like this thread is very reasonable, but Ant has a point here; this could have been planned better in execution as opposed to argument.

Kepekley23 said:
> I doubt that is explicitly spelled out in most cases, so this change might largely cripple our tiering system if applied too strictly.

Keyword; if applied too strictly.

If none of the franchises that are rated as higher-dimensional within our system hold such implications regarding their dimensions, then our profiles were horrible to begin with. I am sure many series out there contain implications regarding what bein Higher-D entails in them.
As long as there is an established qualitative superiority, it should be fine. The exact words "higher infinities" are not necessary.

Normal member jumping in don't bully

Anyways I agree with the revisions, though this would mean quite a few things related to the tiering system would need to be revised alongside it. High-Godly Regen comes to mind, for example.

It isn't the reason, and the idea suggested here is that we can't assume that dimensions work how Lovecraft and co. imagined them to work like.

Higher dimensional statements alone wouldn't be enough for proper ratings in tier 1 and such unless rapresented as such.

Antvasima said:
As long as there is an established qualitative superiority, it should be fine. The exact words "higher infinities" are not necessary.
This is important, yes. As requiring that very specific set of words would actually worse cries of favoritism.

(Oh boy here comes another 40k example. Ya go with what ya know.)

For example, in the Horus Heresy novel Mechanicum, there is a point where one of the characters enters the presence of a piece of Mag'ladroth the Void Drago. The area it creates it described as making the dimensions and time she normally thinks in meaningless, and that the entity itself is of "unimaginable scale" that defies time and the material universe. She also believes she does not have the proper words to describe just how "large" it is.

While never explicitly using something like "higher infinities", I assume this is the kind of thing that is being requested? Just some sort of statement in general that these higher-dimensional entities are actually on an entirely different playing field.

Ultima can probably confirm if this is the sort of thing he's suggesting.

I feel like something like this would be better off being more thoroughly planned instead of just dropped on everyone, though it's not as bad as Ant is making it out to be here imo.

Maybe just get rid of this one for now, reorganize your stuff, notify the purples and maybe give Agnaa a heads up since we know he opposes this, and try later?

Wokistan said:
I feel like something like this would be better off being more thoroughly planned instead of just dropped on everyone, though it's not as bad as Ant is making it out to be here imo.
Maybe just get rid of this one for now, reorganize your stuff, notify the purples and maybe give Agnaa a heads up since we know he opposes this, and try later?
That's basically what I've been planning to do as of the late 3 minutes, yeah.

So, since people don't seem to have any opposition against this suggestion, can I just axe this Thread already and try again later on? In a more organized fashion, hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back