• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anna Abramovna Bystrova takes on Meck

Meck needs to get his 9-A key up and running

Anyways, in hand to hand, Anna AP stomps, but Meck isn't too keen on that. He's going to opt to blast her with level 5 magic from as much of a distance as he can manage, and if he needs to, he'll put up a fog to make him harder to hit, and summon other stuff to take the damage.

Yeah, though she has a pretty high mobility and can quickly take down each of those things through her speed and AP advantage. She'll approach rather quickly and has her own ranged attacks, so he probably won't last long.

Yeah what Bayhard said is pretty much standard moves for Meck, all that and his homing attacks through Magic Missile. Guaranteed hits in-game, and I'm willing to bet that includes mobile enemies.

Even though Meck refuses to abuse his more haxy abilities (Charm and the like) I'd still hand it to him in this case.

Wait, who's Bayhard? :v And like I said, Anna can easily deal with Danmaku. There is also her instinctive reaction/limited precog which may allow her to deal with him even inside the fog.

Also, while the ability always hits in-game, that may be game mechanics. Even though they're homing missiles, she can intercept them with her own attacks and she can also shoot projectiles on weird, unforeseeable trajectories.

Bayhard

Doesn't help when Meck refuses her getting close via many means up his sleeve (He may even hax if she really gets up in his grill with no relent)

There is literally no portrayal of magic missile that doesn't hit

Yeah. Magic missile will even go through barriers like armor or forcefields to hit a foe. It isn't a surprise missile, it isn't something that goes to a blind spot, it just hits you without fail.

Sure, but why wouldn't it be defeated by a counterattack? Anna can even force the kinetic energy of an attack to interact normally with a target, that's a way of denying intangibility she's used during roleplay

Because it just goes through defenses and works.

obligatory jojoke

Okay

It isn't Kinetic energy, it is literally force. It isn't like a normal projectile.

it also isn't traditional intangibility- the verse does normally make very set ideas for what is and isn't intangible and why it is intangible. An Allip isn't intangible in the same way an Air Elemental is.

Force isn't any of the above- it is simply the raw arcane energy of the multiverse. Magic Missile is so popular in-verse because despite relatively low damage there is literally nothing that can be done to prevent it from hitting the target. The exception to this is of course in-verse magic nullification/resistance.

Huh. Anna can do that with the Iron Body technique as it has powernull/resistance properties, and if it's a weak technique, she might be able to tank it by using that. But still, how does it work? Is it a substance that causes an impact on the target? Then if so, it's just avoiding being touched through being such a raw energy.

No. It is just raw arcane energy.

Basically, there are tons of "elemental" damage types in D&D- some of which aren't actual elements. Fire, cold, electricity, acid, necrotic, psychic, sonic- the list goes on. This particular brand is known as Force, a generic, raw form of arcane energy harvested from the Nexus of Magic.

Nobody in-verse can "avoid being touched"- not Incorporeals, not Intangibles, not beings behind eight layers of armor which exist in five different layers of existence simultaneously.

So assuming DMUA voted Meck as I believe he did, this has been in grace for 8 hours

also I genuinely didn't notice I called DMUA by his character's name what is happening to me

...does he have forkery?

does he have spoonery?

this requires further investigation

(seriously though did you vote as you seem to have or...?)

Ahem

That's just how mafia works

seriously though that's literally just what Magic Missle does- it goes through everything pretty much without fail; forcefields, armor, etc

then this is concluded

yeetus

LOL

Insane

Okay q

So I guess Anna has... a loss which isn't a stomp? As she could perhaps have tanked for long enough to reach and K.O Meck in one blow

Potentially. It might've been a stomp if Meck in any way shape or form abused any of his hax.

Why would it? Anna can kinda tank a LOT of different hax, and I mean a hell lot of them. Not to mention she can eliminate someone's superpowers by touching the back of their heads, resist almost anything supernatural to a weak degree and has a large versatility and a small amount of hax of her own.

Well. Mindhax upscales from the baseline of an entire kingdom of (albeit rather stupid) minds. His is fairly better than that. Just as an example.

Huh, that's pretty f*cking broken, yeah. Anna's IF can tank a lot of stuff, not the kind of stuff that would overload to death absolutely any outlier attempting to replicate the feat.

You think that's broken

4e lets you get 2-A Mindhax at level 3

Which you are able to resist I think

...indeed, it gets softened by the IF into a non-absolute because of its infinity and re-scales to other level 3 abilities and stats, so it gets tanked

And then there's the fact you can get Lady of Pain protection at level 5

As in you have a High 2-A saying you can't take damage for a few rounds or something

Actually it turns out it was a different "The Lady" (which is stupid)

Apparently it was referring to one that is roughly a demigoddess, meaning at minimum High 6-A protection. Not higher-D, but still.

One thing that was never mentioned in this discussion was that meck normally gose up when putting distance between him and another, with the Broom of flying. That would have made range a relivent factor as well.

Back