• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anos Voldigoad CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

So... about his lifting strength: Class Z (Could move the Moon with just one hand[120]), possibly up to Stellar (After moving the moon, Anos stated that the stars are also not beyond his grasp[117]

Why is this "possibly up to Stellar" when it's clear enough that he's able to do it? It should just be Stellar instead of Class Z possibly up to Stellar

reading that scan...

how did this get possibly Stellar LS again? the context of the statement itself is him causing a Solar Eclipse, and then he says stars are not beyond his reach... which I mean, yeah, in that context you can pull a Kholek Suneater and just cover the sun with clouds and same result. I'd closer agree to removing the Stellar entirely then try and upgrade him to it

reading that scan...

how did this get possibly Stellar LS again? the context of the statement itself is him causing a Solar Eclipse, and then he says stars are not beyond his reach... which I mean, yeah, in that context you can pull a Kholek Suneater and just cover the sun with clouds and same result. I'd closer agree to removing the Stellar entirely then try and upgrade him to it
Not even the stars can avoid being moved by me.
I don't get how you can get that conclusion when he explicitly says he can move the stars. Don't even need the anime too because it's right in the novel.

You can check anime version of it and Anos also says "even moving a star isn't beyond me."

Secondary canon. I genuinely do not give a Skaven's ass about it.
he caused the eclipse because he literally moved the moon, as Misha says: "The moon... it's moving..."
It's why I never said a singular thing about the eclipse or Class Y not being legit. Like, that's literally inarguable.
I don't get how you can get that conclusion when he explicitly says he can move the stars. Don't even need the anime too because it's right in the novel.
And he says this after causing a Solar Eclipse. By moving the moon. he makes his boast right after he does this connecting the contexts, literally using causing a Solar Eclipse by moving the moon as his example for being able to move stars.

I agree with the thread.

He already has feat for lifting weight for whole universe in his pinky finger in Vol 10. Stellar is a small feat. Gotta wait for translations.

And he says this after causing a Solar Eclipse. By moving the moon. he makes his boast right after he does this connecting the contexts, literally using causing a Solar Eclipse by moving the moon as his example for being able to move stars.
He's saying it because the moon is not his limit. Also moving the moon to cause a solar eclipse is in no way the same as being able to move a star.

ALTHOUGH there could be a bit of a funny translation going on because the kanji for star is the same as for a generic celestial object like a moon or planet so it could be more like "celestial objects are not out of my reach"

This would need someone to actually confirm it with the raws which is the burden of opposition though

He's saying it because the moon is not his limit. Also moving the moon to cause a solar eclipse is in no way the same as being able to move a star.
"Understand now?" I once again extended my hand to Sasha "Not even the stars can avoid being moved by me. Now let's go."
Where does Anos say the moon isn't his limit? In the scan on the sodding profile, that is his example.

Shit, to my understanding, none of these bozos other then Anos have any reason to know the mechanics of what a star even is other then lights in the sky, so if he said he could move a star and just caused a solar eclipse they'd 100% believe him!
ALTHOUGH there could be a bit of a funny translation going on because the kanji for star is the same as for a generic celestial object like a moon or planet
If that is true I'd say that's probably what happened, "Not even the stars can avoid being moved by me. Now let's go." Sounds both better and cooler then "Not even the moon can avoid being moved by me. Now let's go."

Shit, to my understanding, none of these bozos other then Anos have any reason to know the mechanics of what a star even is other then lights in the sky, so if he said he could move a star and just caused a solar eclipse they'd 100% believe him!
Dang. Anos do be scamming his entire verse.

But didn't anos destroy universe with his fist and also stop Eques attack which has the weaght of militia microcosm 5D with his little finger? Forgot only LN are being used my bad 😅

Either way, I agree, especially with the context of things that happen later in future volumes for lifting.

Anos although he boasts is normally quite consistently serious in his beliefs and ability, -often turning out to be true-, he has no reason to be lying or to be unsure here.

Edit: Actually, ESPECIALLY because with how the spell works, it's supposed to ignore physical distance to grasp any object anyways. -Objects which he can likely interact with normally through physical means like when in vol 5 someone becoming light and such- or any deity's body? So why should him using the <All Grasping Hand> spell not apply?

Last edited:
I think that there is enough ambiguity in his statement so that it's not clear whether or not he can actually do it, even if the possibility is still there.
I don’t see how it’s ambiguous Anos is moving a Stellar body then saying “Yeah wouldn’t be that hard to do it with stars.”

It’s a direct confirmation not a “oh well maaaaybe I could do that.”

Realizing this now as well, during him using <All Grasping Hand>, although he says it's not LIGHT (no duh) he doesn't really struggle or have to use any notable amount of strength for it, either.

It really is just one of those 'another sunday' moments. The spell doesn't boost physical power either, only aspect of it is ignoring physical distance, so it really as well may just be normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back