• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anus Volitoad: Questionable resistances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara here. Origin magic is explicitely stated not to work into the very origin of the magic, so there's no resistance here.

If I remember correctly, I had a similar discussion a year ago regarding origin magic not affecting Anos because he's the very origin of the magic and it didn't get accepted as resistance because of that reason
What magic does this specifically apply to aside from Jirasd, if you remember?

Alright, I will wait for deletion thread from you.
I wasn't gonna go that far, but if you insist....

(creates and contributes in every MG downgrade thread)
— I won't go that far to delete the profile.

Dw, it won't be too unrealistic, because you will get staff approval anyway.

Alright peeps. I really don't want to see any of you back in the RVR for this verse (or any verse, for that matter), so settle down. I will be deleting any derailing comment.

At this point I'll just do a more organized resistance downgrade later down the line. For the time being though, I'll take a break from MG thank god to focus on other stuff instead, so idc what happens here.

Do you even read Volume 4? Avos legend literally exists. Him calling Avos name means he is calling her power instead of Anos. Also the origin should be proven. Avos Origin is proven where Anos origin is forgotten.

Origin is Existence itself. Leorge Thought his mind that Avos is founder. As for legends she is founder. In other words he summoned her power not Anos because he never believed in Anos.

Yeah sure whatever it's MGK thread as usual nitpicking and Ignoring context behind what narrative states is not an unusual thing i guess.

So, let's see what we have here:

Anos himself stated the spell didn't work on him because he was the origin used to cast the spell. It's not contradicted by anything

Anos stated the reason Leorg risked his life was because he called Anos the wrong name. Leorg himself states he's risking his life, therefore, it's confirmed he's using the wrong name (because otherwise, as stated by Anos, his life won't be risked)

"Avos Dilhevia" exists. But one is just a fictional name who wasn't the true demon of tirany, and the other is one created by rumors, not the true demon of tirany.

Conclusion? As several scans you posted: Leorg used the demon king of tirany, Avos Dilhevia as the origin of his magic. Risked his life because he used the wrong name of the demon King, and such magic didn't affect Anos because it was the very origin of the magic.

Your interpretation of "Since he used the name of Avos Dilhevia, then the origin was Avos Dilhevia instead" takes too many assumptions and contradicts many statements. So, let me ask you the following questions:

Why did Anos state he didn't feel nothing because he was the origin of the magic if he supposedly didn't feel anything because he was too strong?

Why did Anos reiterate he was the one used as the origin of the magic (but with the wrong name) once he knew that his name was confused by Avos Dilhevia?

Why did all the magic caster endanger their life (something that only happens if you call the origin you're using by the wrong name) by using the origin of the Demon King of Tiranny if, according to you, they're not using Anos as an origin, but other being which is truly called Avos Dilhevia?

Short answer: Because the origin of the magic is neither Levi with the fake name of Avos Dilhevia nor Misa, who obtained such name because the rumors. The origin was, as stated many times by Anos himself, Anos. But with a wrong name

So, let's see what we have here:

Conclusion? As several scans you posted: Leorg used the demon king of tirany, Avos Dilhevia as the origin of his magic. Risked his life because he used the wrong name of the demon King, and such magic didn't affect Anos because it was the very origin of the magic.

Your interpretation of "Since he used the name of Avos Dilhevia, then the origin was Avos Dilhevia instead" takes too many assumptions and contradicts many statements. So, let me ask you the following questions:

Why did Anos state he didn't feel nothing because he was the origin of the magic if he supposedly didn't feel anything because he was too strong?

Why did Anos reiterate he was the one used as the origin of the magic (but with the wrong name) once he knew that his name was confused by Avos Dilhevia?

Why did all the magic caster endanger their life (something that only happens if you call the origin you're using by the wrong name) by using the origin of the Demon King of Tiranny if, according to you, they're not using Anos as an origin, but other being which is truly called Avos Dilhevia?

Short answer: Because the origin of the magic is neither Levi with the fake name of Avos Dilhevia nor Misa, who obtained such name because the rumors. The origin was, as stated many times by Anos himself, Anos. But with a wrong name
  • All of that is your headcanon
  • Anos didn't knew about Avos legend until later onwards him stating in the beginning regarding origin magic doesn't work on origin doesn't Disapprove my point Anos tanking Avos legend
  • If Anos didn't felt anything that's called Resistance
  • Leorge didn't believed in Anos not even 1%. Everyone in Magical Era has believed Avos as demon king which is a Legend.
  • Also for your reference Go back and read the scan again. Character needs to believe and it should be proven that existence exists to draw the power. Anos existence as founder was not proven but Avos was.
Anyway it seems already staff approved of removal of abilities I don't care. I would still correct people even if the vs wiki profile doesn't have things which should have.

• All of that is your headcanon
Yeah. Obviously. Scans stating that the spell didn't work because of a mechanic is headcanon.

Your opinion to give Anos an ability is obviously right. Note how you didn't answer any of the questions I asked for your thing to make sense
  • Anos didn't knew about Avos legend until later onwards him stating in the beginning regarding origin magic doesn't work on origin doesn't Disapprove my point Anos tanking Avos legend
Yet he still stated the origin of the magic was him but with a wrong name even after he learnt about Avos Dilhevia... strange
  • If Anos didn't felt anything that's called Resistance
"I didn't feel anything because Origin Magic doesn't work in the origin. And since I'm the origin, it doesn't work on me regardless how powerful it is"
  • Leorge didn't believed in Anos not even 1%. Everyone in Magical Era has believed Avos as demon king which is a Legend.
Doesn't matter. As Anos himself said: correct source, wrong name = endangers your life. And Leorg endangered his life. Now prove me how this is headcanon
  • Also for your reference Go back and read the scan again. Character needs to believe and it should be proven that existence exists to draw the power. Anos existence as founder was not proven but Avos was.
Character believed in Demon King Existence, but it called him with the wrong name, as Anos himself stated. Therefore, the power became dangerous. Do you need something more explicit than that? If character didn't believe in Anos, therefore Anos is not the origin of the magic used, I'm going to ask this question to you again: What's the point of Anos stating he's the origin of the magic, and since the origin magic doesn't work on the origin himself, it didn't work on him? Anos knew Leorg didn't consider him to be the true leader. So, according to you, Anos, who gave the explanation of how Origin Magic works, wouldn't believe the origin of magic was himself (in case it wasn't). So, why did he? Another inconsistence
Anyway it seems already staff approved of removal of abilities I don't care. I would still correct people even if the vs wiki profile doesn't have things which should have.
The problem is: you're not correcting people, but spreading missinformation

This is my last reply.
Leorg grinned. “You’ll regret your stupidity. Origin magic is a forbidden art. As the caster, I put even my own life at risk.”
Origin magic itself is a spell which puts caster in life or death situation. You claiming he put himself at danger because of Avos is complete Headcanon

Because of this, it was standard to borrow from an old but proven origin, for example, someone from folklore or legend. Drawing from an ancestor of the same bloodline also increased the chance of success.
Origin Magic needs an Existence to be proven to summon the power in this case only existence proven was Avos.

In short, in order to use origin magic, one must be aware of whose power they call upon. The older the being, the more information lost to time or passed down incorrectly, creating discrepancies with the spell’s original existence.
Not to mention all information which Leorge had was regarding Avos in Otherwords spell which he Summoned using Origin magic wouldn't give same power as Anos origin magic especially he also believed in Avos.

Anyway I am done you can just keep on going on about how Anos got got hit by Anos Origin magic when It's clearly mentioned only proven Existence power can be summoned.

Last edited:
It would be entirely incorrect to assume that Anos had any prior knowledge about Avos. He only had a vague sense that something was amiss, and it was only during his battle against Lay in the tournament that he truly learned about Avos.

I can comprehend Elde's viewpoint. I believe he is trying to convey that Avos Origin is not the same as Anos Origin, as the demon brother doesn't even believe that Anos is his true origin. The power of origin magic or abilities only functions if what you believe in actually exists, and Avos Origin undeniably exists.

I mean I trust you more then I do you

cover2.jpg

Anyway, so how does the verse work exactly? I'm currently seeing conflicting arguments regarding the mechanic.

Outside of that, it shouldn't be too difficult to have anime be used as secondary, if it's possible to prove both can be used for each other then I recommend doing so, since anime probably gives a better visualization of what happens. (As in, making a CRT to be safe).

Not really, @DaReaperMan as long as you are not sending standards, the argument of "ay, it is not allowed, or no we don't operate like that" is meaningless.
The electricity part is done,

Whats next?

Not really, @DaReaperMan as long as you are not sending standards, the argument of "ay, it is not allowed, or no we don't operate like that" is meaningless.
The electricity part is done,

Whats next?
Well ya said anti-magic does the rest so just grab scans and references of Anti-magic ******* those abilities over and explain in each why Anos scales

When we needed Tatsumi, he literally collects every scan in the universe, but no he got banned F.
I will check tmr since it's late for me, 1 am.

But one thing I can remember, I think, in the fight between Avos and Anos, there should be some fire manipulation usage.

Origin magic itself is a spell which puts caster in life or death situation. You claiming he put himself at danger because of Avos is complete Headcanon
Now I thought about it, Leorg had said he was risking his life to cast origin magic. Calling upon an origin with the wrong name would indeed endanger his life!
It's sad when you ignore your own scans...
Origin Magic needs an Existence to be proven to summon the power in this case only existence proven was Avos.
Source? Because all implies it was Anos with the wrong name
Not to mention all information which Leorge had was regarding Avos in Otherwords spell which he Summoned using Origin magic wouldn't give same power as Anos origin magic especially he also believed in Avos.
I'm still waiting you to give the source which stated Leorge used the origin magic from Avos instead of Anos, despite Anos stating the opposite, magic endangering his life because he called the origin with the wrong name (which wouldn't be the case if he used Avos as an origin), and Anos stating the magic didn't work on him because he was the origin and, therefore, immune.

Once you can justify all of that with facts, not your baseless headcanon, then I'd concede you're right. But it seems you don't want to debate when things go against you
Anyway I am done you can just keep on going on about how Anos got got hit by Anos Origin magic when It's clearly mentioned only proven Existence power can be susummoned.
Yeah. Sorry, but I prefer to use the interpretation which was explicitely stated by the very Anos instead of one headcanon which creates nothing but contradictions just to give Anos resistance to electricity manipulation.

Count me as agree for removing lightning manipulation, at least in regards with Jirasd feat. The interpretation of Avos being used as an origin instead of Anos just doesn't sit well with me, especially when there's alot of statements saying otherwise.

The main contention here which is Leorge getting the name of origin wrong is heavily misunderstood. Its been established that when using Origin magic there's bound to be discrepancies between the origin and the casters knowledge about the origin which may result in a weaker effect of the magic or even more depending on how large the gap is. However, that doesn't mean the origin they're borrowing from would change accordingly. In this case Leorge got the name wrong but at the very core he's still borrowing a spell developed by Anos himself.

Source? Because all implies it was Anos with the wrong name
How? Did you even watch the series or even the first episode? None except Misha know that Anos is real demon King (even then, she did not believe it much in the first scenes), the rest of people literally believed in false one, aka Avos who pretends to be Anos.

And Leorge obviously did not even believe Anos is his demon King, hell the whole fight was him fighting against Anos, because Anos was telling some extraordinary claims such as he is claiming that he is their demon king (beside mocking since he is hybrid/misfit)

Or I am misunderstanding the sentence that you are implying the wrong name is indeed Avos.

How? Did you even watch the series or even the first episode? None except Misha know that Anos is real demon King (even then, she did not believe it much in the first scenes), the rest of people literally believed in false one, aka Avos who pretends to be Anos.

And Leorge obviously did not even believe Anos is his demon King, hell the whole fight was him fighting against Anos, because Anos was telling some extraordinary claims such as he is claiming that he is their demon king (beside mocking since he is hybrid/misfit)

Or I am misunderstanding the sentence that you are implying the wrong name is indeed Avos.
His point is, whether it is avos or anos, it is just a name, Anos is still the origin so the magic will not work against him regardless

Count me as agree for removing lightning manipulation, at least in regards with Jirasd feat. The interpretation of Avos being used as an origin instead of Anos just doesn't sit well with me, especially when there's alot of statements saying otherwise.

The main contention here which is Leorge getting the name of origin wrong is heavily misunderstood. Its been established that when using Origin magic there's bound to be discrepancies between the origin and the casters knowledge about the origin which may result in a weaker effect of the magic or even more depending on how large the gap is. However, that doesn't mean the origin they're borrowing from would change accordingly. In this case Leorge got the name wrong but at the very core he's still borrowing a spell developed by Anos himself.
His point is, whether it is avos or anos, it is just a name, Anos is still the origin so the magic will not work against him regardless
He didn't just get the name wrong, Avos isn't just a different name, and someone else, even things from the past were completely swapped for another, with people believing things about the demon king that Anos never did or never thought of in such a way, and a completely different person at all.

He didn't just get the name wrong, Avos isn't just a different name, and someone else, even things from the past were completely swapped for another, with people believing things about the demon king that Anos never did or never thought of in such a way, and a completely different person at all.
This whole "Leorge got the origin's name wrong so he must be borrowing from a different origin" already contradicts itself.

If that's the case why would Leorge need to pay the price of almost losing his life if he was borrowing from a completely different person/origin? If he was indeed using Avos as an origin there should've been no reason for him to get the origin's(Avos) name wrong and suffer its penalty. It just makes no sense.

This whole "Leorge got the origin's name wrong so he must be borrowing from a different origin" already contradicts itself.

If that's the case why would Leorge need to pay the price of almost losing his life if he was borrowing from a completely different person/origin? If he was indeed using Avos as an origin there should've been no reason for him to get the origin's(Avos) name wrong and suffer its penalty. It just makes no sense.
Everything about what demons know about Avos isn't real either, personality, deeds, history, etc. Even those things the demons know about him are lies.

Everything about what demons know about Avos isn't real either, personality, deeds, history, etc. Even those things the demons know about him are lies.
I get the history being false and all but the point is how exactly does that make Avos the origin Leorge borrowed from?

I get the history being false and all but the point is how exactly does that make Avos the origin Leorge borrowed from?
Because no one knows that Anos is the demon king, everyone thinks that Avos is the demon king, and that's why if someone tries to take power from the source of the demon king, they will take it from the source of Avos, because everyone thinks that Avos was the king demon from 2000 years ago.

Fujiwara said she will be making a downgrade to take all the wrong resistances later so this can be closed and the scans added for the time being... Which doesn't change much because they will be deleted later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back