• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only the tier 1 form of Khorne has access to higher dimensional manipulation i suppose?

If so Arceus takes this, via hax negation and greater versatility, also low-godly regen coming from the original spirit makes it hard to kill.

Could someone tell me what khorne's type 8 is reliant on?

No I believe Khorne has higher dimensional manipulation in all of his forms. Hence why he doesn't have any tabbers in his powers. I think his type 8 immortality comes from being the embodiment of Rage, Murder, War, and Bloodshed.

It's not listed in his profile though. If you have proof you can open a revision thread.

Also Arceus reality warping seems generally superior to Khorne's, I think even if Khorne had conceptual manip Arceus would take this (that my opinion on the topic).

XBlackExcellenceX said:
He's in the "Abstract Entities" category. Most abstracts should have concept manipulation.
Ah, but here's the problem: Khorne does not respect sorcery, the intermingling of the Warp and the Material, all Khorne respects and desires is bloodshed. Magic, twisting the strings of reality, and all that is abhorrent to Khorne.

Strength and skill is all that matters. Khorne is fine with flamethrowers, nuclear weapons, running people over with tanks, airdropping battleships onto cities, or duels at dawn. But altering reality itself is dishonorable, weak, and to Khorne, disgusting.

Khorne does not alter reality. He is a facet of it, in a twisted sense. He is bloodshed, hate and war. Nothing more, nothing less.

I already know that Khorne embodies war, bloodshed, and etc. I stated that in my earlier comment. I'm just saying that logically, he should be able to manipulate/control the concepts he embodies.

XBlackExcellenceX said:
I already know that Khorne embodies war, bloodshed, and etc. I stated that in my earlier comment. I'm just saying that logically, he should be able to manipulate/control the concepts he embodies.
But he doesn't. Khorne isn't in control over concepts, as the Immaterium is created by the collective subconscious of all beings with souls. All the ideas of war, hate, and blood intermingle with one another to form a nightmarish entity comprised of the hatred of a galaxy wracked with a ten thousand year long war. Khorne is war, but does not control it.

Just as Nurgle is pestilience, but cannot directly alter the amount of disease in a galaxy, Khorne is war, but cannot directly alter the amount of war in the galaxy.

Wait, Khorne's immortality is based on hate and such like that? He's kinda facing the golly who created the concept of emotions...

The real cal howard said:
Wait, Khorne's immortality is based on hate and such like that? He's kinda facing the golly who created the concept of emotions...
This would presumably be Fantasy Khorne in the Warp, where he already has assured methods of existence.

It's also not solely based on hate, but also war, anger, bloodshed, honor, and nobility. As should be noted, the mere act of fighting Khorne fuels Khorne.

Edit: Also forgot that while Khorne cannot directly create war (at least in 40k), he can indeed directly create hatred and anger.

Oh, btw. Turns out my cousin is really into WH40K. I really need your help to get me knowledgeable so I can talk to him about it.

The real cal howard said:
Oh, btw. Turns out my cousin is really into WH40K. I really need your help to get me knowledgeable so I can talk to him about it.
Ask me about random shit on my wall, if you ever wanna know some things. lol

I give my vote to Arceus.

Khornes higher dimensional manipulation can destroy Arceus physical body, I admit that. However Arceus precog should enable him to evade. Should he get destroyed by it he would still come back (OS is everywhere and in everyting in the multiverse, as long as there is a part of OS left Arceus will regenerate).

Also Arceus conceptual manipulation of emotion takes care of khornes type 8 (murder, war, ... are just consequences of certain emotions) and Arceus conceptual manip of knowledge/willpower gives him another huge advantage (which I can explain in detail should it be necessary).

Other reason see my first post.

Still if the higher dimensional manipulation is used by someone of a lower dimension, he uses a power that he can neither perceive nor comprehend (that's what bugs me here)

Yes, judging AP/durability there's nothing a lower dimensional being can do against higher dim manip, but since the user exists on the same plane, the scale should be much smaller, so evading by precog should be possible. Even if destroying arceus is possible, he will come back unless the entire multiverse is destroyed (because of OS being everywhere).

But since there shouldn't be any higher dimensions in fantasy (I took a quick glance over the google results and found nothing that would prove this wrong), I think we can drop this.

XBlackExcellenceX said:
@Azathoth and @Cal howard
Well do you two have an opinion on this match-up?
I could debate based on the nature of 40k Khorne, but my knowledge on the Fantasy Chaos Gods in sadly very limited. I will say though that I'm not sure of the outcome here. Though I should clarify, Arceus isn't exactly beyond the scope of the Fantasy Gods.

"The Realm of Chaos is a place of dreams and nightmares, where cause need not follow effect; within its bounds anything is possible. Here there are no physical laws akin to those that dominate the mortal world. Within its confines hopes and fears become real, and reality is reborn as fevered hallucination. Gravity, shape, space and reason — all are in flux and utterly mutable to the will of the Chaos Gods."

Does fantasy Khorne have hax negation like the 40k Khorne? If so im voting Khorne. If not arceus for reasons stated above.

I'd like to say something, but before anything, doesn't Khorne's presence nullify all kinds of powers? (I get that there are exceptions, but we are talking about the Chaos God that kicked Tzeentch's ass in fantasy, the Chaos God of Sorcery, with hax and potency that should be around Arceus' level)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back