• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Asking another wiki for an affiliation?

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

I wonder if the rest of the staff think that it would be a good idea to ask Kuopiofi, the leader of the Superpower wiki, if he would be interested in becoming affiliated with us?

Both of our communities likely have similar audiences, and they have more than twice as many page views every month as we do, so it might considerably increase our visitor numbers.

If they accept the invitation, we would feature a logo with a link to their wiki at the bottom of our front page, and vice versa.

On the other hand, this could also potentially cause a great influx of contributors to our wiki, and we are barely able to hold up keeping track of the constant onslaught as it is. Even more might throw the wiki into chaos.

Hence, I wonder what the rest of you think about this idea? Is it better to take things slowly, or should we try to actively expand our audience?

Take note that everything still hinges on whether or not Kuopiofi would agree with the proposition, and if so, we would have to construct a logo that links to our wiki, which I personally do not know how to do.

(For ideas regarding the format of such a logo, see the lower right corner here.)

I'm not too fond of the idea myself i'll be frank. As you said, this could bring in a large swarm of users, which means a much higher workload for all involved.

Okay. That is what I am afraid of as well.

I used Power Listing wiki when I made some profiles, so could be useful having an affiliation; futhermore, the powers here aren't as well explained as the ones in PL wiki, so for any doubt, people can consult that wiki.

However, I unknown the negative effects of said affiliation, not sure what bad things can happen.

While I do use their site a lot for referencing abilities and powers as it is really quite a good wiki, I don't know if I like this or not.

While Hop likes the idea of getting more assistance, we cannot afford much more traffic and contributions considering the number of staff we have and how the increased populalarity could negatively effect us.

@LordAizenSama No. Neither do I. It was just something that has been buzzing around in my head for a few weeks. Perhaps it would be best to wait for at least half a year before considering this again?

@Hop Okay. It is probably a bad idea then.

Okay. I just wanted to mention the possibility. It might be worth considering at a much later date though.

I agree with not pursuing the affiliation thing for now. Though it will bring much more people in, and while I don't doubt that our staff are very capable (except me, lol), I feel this may just be too much for us, work-wise.

In a year, or half, or more, or so, maybe.

I'm going to have to agree with the majority, because the staff isn't gigantic, a massive influx of people would be catastrophic, even though there are many pros to it.

Welp, since the adition of several users could cause troubles here, I'm going to agreed with everyone, and should wait a little more for that affiliation

Well, I like the idea, but I understand the worries and we should wait until we have more staff members, so I agree on waiting.

Well, I was always extremely uncertain about this myself, but just wanted to mention the possibility.

Like others have stated, considering that need about 17 admins and 13 discussion mods just to keep this place afloat, having more members coming in from the Superpower Wiki is going to cause much more issues than we already have right now.

There are also some members on Superpowers wiki that may heavily disagree with our policies and our tiering system, and may try and attack it, including some of the higher-ups. This will cause our reputation to possibly tank, regardless of our actions.

Thus, the best bet is to stay low until we get all the things we need to do here on this site done first.

Okay. Never mind then. It was obviously a bad idea.

Back