• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Asriel Upgrades

Jinsye

She/Her
Yeah it's me not Sean.

This may sound ridiculous, but I think it's possible to give Asriel every single ability in Undertale.

First off, he should have Photoshop Flowey's abilities due to being a more complete version of him... which would be Matter Manipulation and Plant Manipulation

Second, for the rest. We give Asriel the abilities of the lost SOULs because he uses them in battle, however I'm not sure why we only give him the abilities of the main 6. The only reason why the main 6 are fought is because Frisk called out to them. There's nothing particularly special about absorbing Asgore and Papyrus compared to absorbing Muffet that would grant Asriel only their abilities.

Asriel absorbed all of the other monsters except for Mettaton and Napstablook, so by logic he should be able of using their abilities as well.

This would mean Asriel gains Thread Manipulation (from Muffet), Animal Manipulation (from Muffet and the Amalgamates), Body Control (from Lesser Dog and Temmie), Homing Attack (from Various), Sound Manipulation (from Shyren and Greater Dog), Statistics Amplification (from Jerry), Enhanced Senses (from the Dogs), Vibration Manipulation (from Temmie), Shapeshifting (from Moldbygg and the Amalgamates), Breaking the Fourth Wall (from Froggit), Summoning (from So Sorry), Heat Manipulation (from Vulkin), Information Analysis (from Gerson), Water Manipulation (from Aaron and Woshua), Life Manipulation (from the Amalgamates), Regenerationn (Low-High. Fairly sure Mid-Godly was supposed to be removed) (from the Amalgamates), Duplication (from the Amalgamates), Intangibility (from the Amalgamates), Size Manipulation (from the Amalgamates), Reactive Power Level (from the Amalgamates), Glyph Creation (from Sans), Clairvoyance (from Sans), Mind Manipulation (from Undyne), Ice Manipulation (from Snowdrake, Snowdrake's Mom, and the hat guy), Telekinesis (from various), Teleportation (from Sans), Age Manipulation (from Mad Mew Mew), Immortality (Types 3 and 7; From the Amalgamates and Mad Dummy respectively), Healing (from Vegetoid), Afterimage Creation (from Asgore), Earth Manipulation (from Knight Knight)

and the resistances too

All of that.

It's kinda dumb to say he can only use some of the Lost SOUL's powers when he absorbed them entirely, so that should give him the remaining abilities of the Lost Souls, so... thoughts?

I dont think taking a soul allows you to gain its abilities fully, but still utilise them in some external manner. Not too sure where the Regenerationn comes from in the souls. Though determination does offer regenerative abilities so theres that.

Giving asriel the offensive abilities should be fine. Not sure about plant manipulation though since he isnt actually a flower anymore. Afterimage creation hes outright shown.

Not too sure about the Regenerationn, immortalites and Flowey's abilities but he should definitely get everything thats been show-cased in combat. I agree.

I believe this is mostly fine, though there are some traits that - for me at least - seem kind of doubtable of adding if I can express myself correctly (e.g, Mad Dummy's immortality). I don't believe that, because you have their SOULs, you can actually use the entirety of their arsenal due to reasons and such.

Though again, this revision seems logical of adding. Maybe try reaching a consesus of the issue?

I think he should only get the powers showcased not those derived from the nature of the character. The immortalities, Regenerationn, intangibility and body control will have to be thoroughly discussed before any conclusions are made but the rest is pretty straight-forward and I think it can be added without issue.

Even if the Amalgamate's Regenerationn isn't accepted, I still think he should get some form of Regenerationn since he's absorbed the Human SOULs which have an unknown level of Regenerationn.

Also high-concentrations of DETERMINATION can grant you regenerations as shown with Frisk.

Read this post said:
Undertale revisions as of late have a tendancy not to go anywhere...
Wasn't Base Asriel supposed to get downgraded by now?

Ummm yeah. But that involves revising floweys tier and agreeing on other things. Which is why im trynna get a blog done on the whole verse.

Mad Dummie's immortality relies 9n him being an intangible soul using a puppet to fight. The moment he gets a proper body (in this case asruel having a body) he stops being immortal.

Amalgamates' abilities mostly come from their weird melted bodies. Their duplication is different Amalgamates coming apart, and the régen is their body being melted. Neither applies to Asriel.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Mad Dummie's immortality relies 9n him being an intangible soul using a puppet to fight. The moment he gets a proper body (in this case asruel having a body) he stops being immortal.
Amalgamates' abilities mostly come from their weird melted bodies. Their duplication is different Amalgamates coming apart, and the régen is their body being melted. Neither applies to Asriel.
What about the other stuff? I'm okay with at least adding the offensive abilities of the normal monsters first.

The souls should be able to, but does he really take all their knowledge? He shares their feeling, but IDK about minds, and at that point it might just be that he can but doesn't know how to.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
The souls should be able to, but does he really take all their knowledge? He shares their feeling, but IDK about minds, and at that point it might just be that he can but doesn't know how to.
The fact that he used six souls' abilities to attack you when he's likely never seen them use their full combat capabilities nor does he even know most of their abilities should prove that he at least gets their knowledge on using magic. Him not using the rest... well did you expect him to have you fight every monster in the underground twice?

Read this post said:
The souls do technically attack you in the asriel fight as well so theres that.
We still give him their powers for that as it is something that can feasibly be done by Asriel calling them out himself. Why would he suddenly not be able to do so for the rest? I think any abilities relating to a monster's nature should be evaluated thoroughly but the offensive stuff doesn't seem controversial and is still pretty straight-forward.

Planck69 said:
The fact that he used six souls' abilities to attack you when he's likely never seen them use their full combat capabilities nor does he even know most of their abilities should prove that he at least gets their knowledge on using magic. Him not using the rest... well did you expect him to have you fight every monster in the underground twice?
I am relatively certain that is the souls themselves attacking you, not him. One of his tubes glows the souls color, and next thing you are faced with the Soul. Them attacking you would more reasonable be the same as the monster souls attacking you.

And you might say that technically gives him their powers, but since one needs to enter his soul it's pretty... eh. And I can't see the souls being face to face with you in either fight being intentional. The second obviously isn't, the first is done when omega flowey's DT extractor's tubes glowing and sirens going off, I'd say him failing to hold them in is more reasonable.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
I am relatively certain that is the souls themselves attacking you, not him. One of his tubes glows the souls color, and next thing you are faced with the Soul. Them attacking you would more reasonable be the same as the monster souls attacking you.

And you might say that technically gives him their powers, but since one needs to enter his soul it's pretty... eh. And I can't see the souls being face to face with you in either fight being intentional. The second obviously isn't, the first is done when omega flowey's DT extractor's tubes glowing and sirens going off, I'd say him failing to hold them in is more reasonable.
So do we remove the lost souls' powers from his profile?

Adding something like "has the Soul of every Undertale monster, and forcefully trying to reach or remove them causes a battle with them" would be better, I think.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Adding something like "has the Soul of every Undertale monster, and forcefully trying to reach or remove them causes a battle with them" would be better, I think.
Would they'd be 9-A or Low 2-C? Full DT Frisk was still being hurt when she fought with them.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
I don't really know. Full DT Frisk is kind of hurt by anything, their soul just can't be broken for good.
Part of me feels that the lost souls being Low 2-C wouldn't really contradict anything since they're only in that state against Full DT Frisk. But another part of me is hesitant of admitting to Tier 2 Underground.

Why doesn't anybody ask some other staff members to help out here, as I recommended earlier?

Antvasima said:
Why doesn't anybody ask some other staff members to help out here, as I recommended earlier?
Something's telling me they aren't coming to the thread...

You should give it an attempt, or nothing is likely to happen here. Try to be polite and to describe what we need their help with.

No abilities inherent to one's body. Meaning no Immortalities or regen.

Asriel only uses the soul's powers by basically summoning the souls in combat to attack. He doesn't gain their characteristics.

The rest is fine though.

Saikou's conclusions are probably fine to apply.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
No abilities inherent to one's body. Meaning no Immortalities or regen.

Asriel only uses the soul's powers by basically summoning the souls in combat to attack. He doesn't gain their characteristics.

The rest is fine though.
This should be fine, as I mentioned earlier.

Back