• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PrettyFearMachine

VS Battles
Retired
Was checking Fate profiles and noticed that Astolfo doesn't have any fights at all. Anyway...

Their stats are pretty much equal, so only SBA are implied.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Ice Storm Commander-in-Chief for Esdeath is restricted.

Who wins and why?

Astolfo - 7 (Monarch Laciel, TISSG7Redgrave, ALRF, Elione-Arisu, FateAlbane, Matthew Schroeder, Gargoyle One)

Esdeath - 0

Astolfo won!

Esdeath should be able to win either variety of ice techniques and time stop.

She's also pretty high into 7B.

Asfolto can cancel theoretically any mage craft with her book of moon or whatever it is called (edit: Luna Break Manual. Close enough) . Ice powers get nulled. Time stop .... not sure. It can be resisted by being resistant to cold apparently, and Heroic Spirits don't really react to temperatures the way normal humans do.

Edit: .... I mean... I mean....

"his book of moon"

"But he's a guy"

It's damn good.

Its up to A rank, meaning it is just as good as Artoria's, which basically meant that she was "completely untouchable to modern magi". Modern magi includes people like Rin Tohsaka , who can harm Berserker with her more powerful gems.

So I don't see ice attacks doing much, if anything at all.

Huh?

She's using magical attacks to harm Berserker, who has mountain level durability

Saber's A rank magic makes those magical attacks completely useless against her

Astfolo's magic resist with La Luna is comparable.

So 7-A magic attacks aren't doing anything to Astfollo

So you mean to tell me she just resists everything she does and is entirely unharmed by Ice? Meanwhile even if she does find it troublesome she can just neg it?

It gets passively negged, Astfolo doesn't need to choose to negate it.

And apart from hitting Asfolto with a sword, nothing Esdeath does is going to do anything to him.

I keep needing to backspace and switch "her" with "him"...

feelsbadman

Not at all

Esdeath is still a skilled sword fighter, and is likely 7-A with her normal attacks, as opposed to Astfolo who is only 7-A with his mana costly hippogriff.

SBA says strongest, and OP is only restricting Commander Ice Chief, so we are using the "likely 7-A" version

Not really. The difference here isn't that large. Astfolo's city level is scaled from a casual Mordred who scales to Artoria, who scales to Hercules who crushes mountains with basic attacks. So Astfollo shouldn't actually be that far down the scale. Even when casual, a mountain buster would still be high up on the City Level

Though, having checked out Dark's calc... he got Small City Level. Why is Esdeath City Level, possibly Mountain Level from that?

Monarch Laciel said:
Not really. The difference here isn't that large. Astfolo's city level is scaled from a casual Mordred who scales to Artoria, who scales to Hercules who crushes mountains with basic attacks. So Astfollo shouldn't actually be that far down the scale. Even when casual, a mountain buster would still be high up on the City Level

Though, having checked out Dark's calc... he got Small City Level. Why is Esdeath City Level, possibly Mountain Level from that?
She's city level because she did a ridiculously casual Low 7B feat while far weaker then her current self.

She's possibly Mountain level due to one shotting Tatsumi who's comparable to enemies who dwarf mountains.

The real trap is having to backsapce and type out "him" instead of "her".

At some point I'm going to stop caring.

Anyway, I think Ast takes this via spirit form intangibility, auto-negating Esdeath's magical attacks, auto-knock-down with her (see, I stopped caring) jousting lance, and that giant horn.

I'm pretty sure entering spirit form has literally NEVER been used in combat, ever.

Also, doesn't that require a master?

@Gar, that sounds like a solid mountain level to me if she can do what you said. Dunno why it is "possibly"

Only because other servants are still spiritual beings even in "physical form" and can still attack the spirit form servant, thus there is literally no point. In fact, its even worse seeing as they can't block or use their other abilities in spirit form to defend themselves. Against some non-servant, spirit form would be a valid tactic. Especially when Cu used it against Shirou at the start of stay night to catch him off guard and stab him in the chest.

Every spirit is assumed to have a master in a match, otherwise they would literally stop existing in less than a minute unless they have Independent Action.

Monarch Laciel said:
@Gar, that sounds like a solid mountain level to me if she can do what you said. Dunno why it is "possibly"
We don't know if he's comparable.

Esdeath has no way to deal with soul manipulation but i don't think trap can negate time stop...If Esdeath pulls it off first then she has a chance but trap likely can keep screwing with her soul...I feel trap has a better chance to win with versitility

Soul Manipulation is not combat applicable though.

Though i do believe Astolfo can win , La Black Luna would be a good beginning move to disturb Esdeath, followed up by any form of attacks, until he uses Hippogriff, which while limited in someway, would give him the advantage by phasing through attacks through timed bursts.

Astolfo for meh

I'm very sure this is a complete stomp....

Combine Magic resistance with her book, this is literally, "Astoflo vs Some Bitch with a Rapier"

Gargoyle One said:
I'm very sure this is a complete stomp....
Hardly.

Esdeath can still kill Astfollo easily if she gets some good hits on him. She has superior AP after all.

It's just decisive, not a stomp at all. Ast 9/10

Negging every single thing that Esdeath does and making sure she has nothing but her rapier is a textbook stomp, she still has shit loads of ways to dodge it anyway, she's a rider after all.

Still no. Esdeath is physically superior and can kill her in a few hits, while Astfollo has no real directly offensive hax. It isn't a stomp at all. A stomp is when one character has literally no way to harm the other before they get one-shot or deleted. This isnt a stomp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back