• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Avengers: Infinity War Official Revision Thread (Spoilers)

Revan Laha said:
How did Thanos come to know about Stark?
Thanos and Stark shared the same prophetic dreams about the destruction of the Avengers. It's said right in the moment they faced each other for the first time.

TheOwnMagic said:
Matthew Schroeder said:
Ragnarok takes place in July, Infinity War is in May the following year. Thor had nearly a year to roam around in space to improve his powers.
But the first scene of Infinity War is exactly the last scene of Ragnarok. It is a sequel, you see.
Indeed. The post credit scene for Ragnarok is literally Thanos's ship. Which is not a long period of time. It couldn't have been a year, nothing in either films indicates that. If it were then there'd be no point to having thanos in the post credit scene. Instead it would've been thanos preparing to attack xander/the forge/getting the power stone. There's only one Canon line of time passage, and that is that xander was attacked a week ago. So either Thor floated around space for 6 days. Or thanos felt the space stone/the destruction of asgard. Attacked xander, spent a week soughting out Loki.

In summary, if a time span is needed. Then Thor only has his awakened powers for one week.

Also link evidence, don't state it. (timeline)

Gemmysaur said:
All Marvel movies except those said otherwise take place in the day they were released according to Feige and the Marvel higher-ups.

I don't really think that Thor was in space over a year tho, that would make the distress signal sent by the Asgardian ship meaningless, so I take it Ragnarok happened in the release date (November 2017) while Thanos attack on the ship happened around this date. We have precedence of post-credits scenes going forward in time (Dr Strange, Ant-Man) so it makes sense.

Matthew Schroeder said:
At least High 6-C Base Thanos, scaling from Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, his children, and also the statements that he is the strongest being in the universe, including from Kevin Feige. 5-A with Infinity Stones
Shouldn't the statements that he is the strongest being in the universe put him above Ego? It means that Base Thanos should be 5-C.

I don't think this thread will go much further, so I think it's best I just start making the profiles.

I still think we need to have a better calc for Thor's neutron star feat. I'll explain my reasons for such again.

The 5-A calc assumes a rate of mass-energy conversion in the neutron star which is completely unprecedented. Basically, if this calc were true, then all neutron stars would fade in a few thousand years, while the current consensus is that they last trillions of years.

The 6-A calc assumes that the only energy a neutron star outputs is light energy, the type of luminosity that can get absorbed by a dyson sphere. This is part of it, but is still massively downplaying, as it's ignoring the huge heat energy coming off of neutron stars. The average ones have a temperature of 600,000 Kelvin.

"Thanos should be 5-C for destroying half of the Earth's population"

But wait...didn't Drax and Mantis get erased also? And didn't Groot get erased as well? And aren't they non-human? And wasn't Drax on another World with Mantis?!

...Half of the Universes' Population got ******. And that was just from a snap. Now, imagine if he had clapped. Or...something else beyond that.

5C comes from mogo being a thing in the MCU and being 5C on his own merits, where thanos got a statement saying he's the strongest thing in the universe. Thus, he should be > mogo. This doesn't scale him to low 2C because dormammu wasn't 2C in that universe. Not sure how much I agree personally, but that's the logic, not just killing people.

Whichever one it was, apparently Ego, that was the reason for 5C base thanos.

Ego the Living Mogo

Worth noting that the statement of "that already makes him the most powerful being in the universe" was in relation to Thanos with two stones. So if anything, it could be argued two stone Thanos > Ego, and such. Not base Thanos, in general.

I disagree scaling to Ego anyway. The statement of "he's the biggest bad" is a pretty generic one and I don't think it warrants going out and finding the strongest possible character to scale him to.

Now if he and Ego were in the same movie then absolutely it makes sense, but as a movie-series-spanning statement I think it is too far reaching (and, like Azzy said, it would be just supportive since Thanos is 5-A in his own right with his incomplete gauntlet).

Back